Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by McChicken
If your focus is on location and bars/restaurants, the Duxton Reserve or Warehouse hotel are both good options for upscale dining/drinking venues (Duxton Road for Duxton Reserve, Robertson Quay for Warehouse Hotel

The Ritz doesn’t participate in Marriott Bonvoy, (you can neither use nor earn points, get entitled to upgrades, or earn elite nights) but it does have a pretty good buffet restaurant (Colony) and bar (Republic bar) in the hotel itself. It also has the best view and location for touristy stuff. I’d stick with that if I were you, but since it doesn’t participate, you might as well consider other chains or independent luxury hotels.
did not realize the ritz did not give any credit at all to bonvoy. So, not even stayed nights credit towards bonvoy?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by avi8tir
did not realize the ritz did not give any credit at all to bonvoy. So, not even stayed nights credit towards bonvoy?
Correct, they do not participate. As noted in Loyalty Terms and Conditions 1.2.a.i.E. (link provided for future reference - until it breaks, like my old link to T&C did)
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:23 pm

Have stayed at most of the Bonvoy hotels in Singapore and the one hotel that I would avoid like the plague is the Vagabond - awful rooms, lousy breakfast and terrible management!
rt23456p and zack14 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by puchong
Have stayed at most of the Bonvoy hotels in Singapore and the one hotel that I would avoid like the plague is the Vagabond - awful rooms, lousy breakfast and terrible management!
Really? Has it changed since the Great Plague? I've not been back to SG yet but before the Black Death hit us I stayed here a number of times and really enjoyed their Platinum treatment which included snacks throughout the day and a happy hour with decent booze which is welcome in Singapore. Breakfast isn't a 1000-room hotel buffet but made-to-order dishes. Front desk was always fine. It's not a chain hotel with identikit rooms and executive lounge but they always did better to cater for elites than many independent hotels within Bonvoy. And the prices were always fair for Singapore compared to the other Bonvoy hotels.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your poor experience.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I stayed at the Vagabond for the first time in Jan 2020, just before everything shut down. I loved it. Yes, the room is small, but
the decor of the entire hotel is wonderful. Breakfast and evening snacks were great. Location is good for dining
and walking distance to the subway. Staff is first class.
My previous stays over 40 years were at Interconti. Grand Hyatt, Sheraton, 4 Pts, Westin, CY Novena - and I can't wait to get back to the Vagabond.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I stayed at the Vagabond for the first time in Jan 2020, just before everything shut down. I loved it. Yes, the room is small, but
the decor of the entire hotel is wonderful. Breakfast and evening snacks were great. Location is good for dining
and walking distance to the subway. Staff is first class.
My previous stays over 40 years were at Interconti. Grand Hyatt, Sheraton, 4 Pts, Westin, CY Novena - and I can't wait to get back to the Vagabond.
Just proves the old proverb - One man's meat is another man's poison!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
What on earth is happening in SIN early August?

5-600 SGD/ night on average 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Wickersley
What on earth is happening in SIN early August?

5-600 SGD/ night on average 🤷🏼‍♂️
National day on Tue, 9th August.

Public holidays are few and far between in Singapore. Hotels love hiking up prices during these periods.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:44 pm

I just cancelled my 419 SGD per night booking at the Marriott Tang Plaza and opted to stay for 2 nights at the Natra Bintan instead. (Already booked Westin Singapore on points for 5 nights beforehand though)
But still thinking if took the right decision..? Reading a lot of bad reviews about Natra Bintan..!!

Last edited by Nitin Moryani; Jul 18, 2022 at 11:28 am
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by McChicken
National day on Tue, 9th August.

Public holidays are few and far between in Singapore. Hotels love hiking up prices during these periods.
the week and weekend of F1 their rates get obscene.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:41 am

Will be in SIN end of year for 4 nights. First time there in a couple of decades. Been reading all the threads and can't figure out where to stay. I have a good rate at the Ritz-Carlton but am now thinking points. I also have SNA to apply. Have been looking at JW and Tang Plaza, though we do also like smaller hotels. Being able to either to walk to some things or easy transit would be a bonus. Not really bothered about a lounge.
I dont know if there are too many options or just not one that is quite right!
Am now leaning towards one of the Reserve properties, look good value too on points.

Last edited by MaxFlying; Jul 22, 2022 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Will be in SIN end of year for 4 nights. First time there in a couple of decades. Been reading all the threads and can't figure out where to stay. I have a good rate at the Ritz-Carlton but am now thinking points. I also have SNA to apply. Have been looking at JW and Tang Plaza, though we do also like smaller hotels. Being able to either to walk to some things or easy transit would be a bonus. Not really bothered about a lounge.
I dont know if there are too many options or just not one that is quite right!
Am now leaning towards one of the Reserve properties, look good value too on points.
Since this is your first time in decades, I'd advise staying in the CBD as it is convenient and walkable. Uber/Grab is also easily callable and cheap in CBD. Outside of the CBD, I've had to wait a little to a lot longer to call a car. ​​​​​​

Ritz is a really good choice. It is usually the most recommended Bonvoy property but doesn't participate in Bonvoy, so no points or nights awarded. With the good rate, I'd keep it if you don't care about the points/nights/Ambassador spend.

Some people like the JW but I didn't. Service was meh and the rooms have these cheap aluminium venetian blinds that bring the room down a few notches. It is in a very convenient location though. There is a MRT station almost right under it.

The Reserves will be a step or two down from the above hotels and I admittedly haven't heard good things about them. They are also slightly outside of CBD.

Outside of the CBD, I've stayed at the St. Regis multiple times, but more because I have an affinity for St. Regis's from the SPG days and have almost always been treated well at St. Regis's. It's convenient to walk to Orchard Road if shopping is your thing, but everything else requires using a car unless you want be drench in sweat from 30-45 minute of walking. From experience, I do not recommend walking that long in hot and humid Singapore. The St. Regis is not memorable for a St. Regis but it is relatively decent compared to the other options.

I haven't stayed at Tang Plaza so I can't say much about it either but it's in the middle of all the shopping on Orchard Road, otherwise it's still outside of CBD.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:33 pm
formerly rt23456p

Stayed there during 2020 Dec, 189sgd night with dinner, however, I always remember it's horrible breakfast portion
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:16 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Both JW and Tang will be good options with regards to MRT access. From there east to get around quickly. What are you planning on doing while in Singapore? Botanic Gardens? Gardens by the Bay? Orchard MRT below Tang will make these simple.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by BR787
Since this is your first time in decades, I'd advise staying in the CBD as it is convenient and walkable. Uber/Grab is also easily callable and cheap in CBD. Outside of the CBD, I've had to wait a little to a lot longer to call a car. ​​​​​​
Westin would be the most core CBD property but not especially convenient for tourists. I'm not sure most people would consider the RC and JW part of the CBD although they are certainly central. The Westin, St Regis Marriott Tang's and Reserve properties will also benefit from the Thomson East Coast stage 3 extension that is supposed to open H2 2022 although I don't think any opening date has been announced.

I think the rooms at St Regis and to a lesser extent JW are nicer and larger than Marriott Tang's but they are also substantially more points. The base rooms at the Reserve properties are tiny but some of the suites may be pretty nice. The JW no longer accepts SNA and I think the Marriott Tang's has relatively few suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.