Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz eCert question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Ritz eCert question

I'm really confused on this, I have 2 nights in Nola at the ritz there, paid stay and I used one of the certs to upgrade to club level from cc. I booked it over the phone. Now when I go into view reservations it says: please order ecerts to make sure your stay is covered. If you don't order it 7 days before your stay it will be auto ordered. Now when I go to order it, it changes my price to 1.1k from 500$ and says my ecert will be returned to me.

Do I just forget about this or should I call in.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT, DL PLAT, RITZ CARLTON PLAT, HILTON GOLD
ECert Club upgrade

You must call the RC credit card reservation line in order to use the club upgrade certs. You cannot do it via the web. And to get the $100 credit you also have to call in.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
I'm trying to book a little 4 day weekend at the RC Grand Cayman, and want to use club upgrades from the RC credit card. When I log onto the Marriott web site a RC Card rate (that includes the $100 property credit) comes up, and that rate is about $150 dollars a day less than the "standard" rate. I then called RC to apply the upgrade. They said rooms are available, but I must use the standard rate.

What's the point of having the card if I can't use RC card rates to apply an upgrade certificate only obtained by having that same card? Seems crazy to me. I kept the lower rate (without the club upgrade) and will try again in a few days. Has this happened to anyone else? I did a single night in DC last week at the RC card rate (so no $100 benefit) and the upgrade was applied no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.