Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, expected service from an Ambassador, however, as the OP stated, he wasn't talking to an Ambassador. I do believe the Titanium agents should have some ability/willingness to step up their game when speaking with an Ambassador guest should they get routed to their phone. I call it backup?
It's also reasonable to expect someone answering the Tit or Plat to do this. In the past, I would have expected it from a SPG Plat Concierge.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Chewie

Interesting. I checked the app, my Apple wallet card, etc. and the only phone number I have is the 4229 number. But, I can always direct dial my ambassador and press 0.
Since they forced the tacky Bonvoid app on us, it now gives me a phone number ending in 4229, which is the Titanium number. The SPG app always showed me my Ambassador's direct line. Another #MarriottITFail
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Chewie

i just read through some of my correspondence with my ambassador and I have a phone number that ends in xx89. Do you need that number?
I've still got it from the old SPG days. Thanks though
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Thread Title updated

With thanks to the eagle-eyed member who noted that ‘Platinum Premier Ambassador Experiences‘ don’t exist anymore in the World of Bonvoy, we’ve updated the thread title.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Would appreciate the consensus. Is this thread strictly for Ambassador experiences with the Ambassadors or also for Ambassador recognition (or lack of) at various hotels? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by damon88
Would appreciate the consensus. Is this thread strictly for Ambassador experiences with the Ambassadors or also for Ambassador recognition (or lack of) at various hotels? Thanks!
I think for both .. but something other than random experiences unrelated to either
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
My colleague has had ambassador status since 8/18 but has yet to be contacted by an ambassador service agent. Ugh.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:20 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I think for both .. but something other than random experiences unrelated to either

I guess I was wondering if we should post our Ambassador recognition experiences. My first stay post 2/13 was at the Laguna Cliffs - they greeted me as an Ambassador and told me that I was upgraded to one of only 11 Suites. I had a good feeling that the new tiers might really make a difference. And then a few days ago I had a 1 night stay at the Westin Carlsbad. The place was a ghost town- I literally did not see other guests in the lobby or as I walked the (endless) halls or rode the elevators. Still they insisted there was not a Suite available. I didn't feel like breaking out my phone to show them the long list of suites for sale. But suffice it to say that Ambassador meant nothing there.

On another note I received a call out of the blue from my wonderful Ambassador just checking in with me since she hadn't heard from me yet this year. (I try to save her for important requests) I let her know that we have an important trip coming up in March and she is going to reach out to the hotels we will be visiting.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by damon88
I guess I was wondering if we should post our Ambassador recognition experiences.
I think thats the type of information that is useful to all of us!

I've had good experiences at Laguna Cliffs
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

You are! The Ambassador line ends in x85. I’ll send you a PM.
the app says the ambassador line ends in xx29
If you want a former SPG ambassador, I think it ends in XX85
if you want a new Marriott Ambassador, I think it ends in XX89
if you want the super secretive Ambassador line, get in line, I’m still waiting for it
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by darnold
Is anyone else able to get through to the main Ambassador line at this time? Simply not even picking up the phone for your "most valued members" for a day really says it all...
i have NEVER had anyone answer ANY of the 3 ambassador numbers i have been furnished- just rings and rings. as such, we as ambassadors, have to chase after someone to help us more than if we were not ambassadors. we try our personal ambassador- nope. stupidly try the other amb. lines: ring ring ring, THEN we try a platinum or titanium line and, after a ridiculous wait, we get generic CS. all the while feeling like the proverbial janitor who just had his job title renamed 'maintenance engineer'.

we're always going to be janitors to Marriott- we just stay 100+ nights and pay $20,000/year for the right to be called maintenance engineers!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
i have NEVER had anyone answer ANY of the 3 ambassador numbers i have been furnished- just rings and rings. as such, we as ambassadors, have to chase after someone to help us more than if we were not ambassadors. we try our personal ambassador- nope. stupidly try the other amb. lines: ring ring ring, THEN we try a platinum or titanium line and, after a ridiculous wait, we get generic CS. all the while feeling like the proverbial janitor who just had his job title renamed 'maintenance engineer'.

we're always going to be janitors to Marriott- we just stay 100+ nights and pay $20,000/year for the right to be called maintenance engineers!
not sure why people are not getting through (although never really tried the XX29 number in the app, apparently that is a titanium line) but even during off hours, I get transferred to the Asia ambassador general line. (Is there a Europe general ambassador desk? Never gotten anyone there before). Definitely each members experience is different because all these reports of not getting through and I’m sure I’m not the only one that can get through. Maybe I’m just lucky so far. Maybe my requests are super simple but the ambassador general lines work around the clock, at least for me.

disclaimer: I am only called once after the Feb 13 rollover date but prior to that both numbers that I partially posted above (non App) works well depending on the type of request. There are requests that can fulfilled better by legacy SPG reps and those that are easier to be done by legacy Marriott reps

Last edited by myperks; Feb 24, 2019 at 1:50 am
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:59 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Where on the app does it show the Ambassador number? All I've got on the bottom of the profile page is two numbers under "Global Support." Is this right?

khabah
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Where on the app does it show the Ambassador number? All I've got on the bottom of the profile page is two numbers under "Global Support." Is this right?

khabah
mine is under the profile page right under the expiration date

Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by myperks

mine is under the profile page right under the expiration date

Thanks, @myperks.

Just got off the phone with the Ambassador line and it's exactly what I thought... "a known IT issue" is preventing many Ambassador members from seeing Ambassador numbers at the bottom of their app screens, and what shows instead is a pair of phone numbers for "Global Support." The agent documented the case and said that it has been escalated, so my complaint is just more fuel on that fire.

Oh, the disaster that is Marriott's IT. You'd think that all this time since the closing of the acquisition they'd have their poop in a group, but alas...

khabah
EuropeanPete and paolo64 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.