Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Ibiza Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:30 pm

I’m here now and it definitely doesn’t meet the W standard yet as some aspects really let it down. I love the brand and stay at Ws wherever and babe stayed at about 20 including most of the “escapes”.

On arrival there are no staff to greet you or take your bags and upon check in we were allocated the incorrect room which was never fixed as we’d unpacked and couldn’t be bothered to repack our things and unpack again.

Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived as it was before check in time. We went out to explore but nobody called as promised to tell us the room was ready which is such an easy thing to get right.

When I was bitten by a dog they were zero help so I had to sort help out myself.

Housekeeping is hit and miss, sometimes the room is cleaned, sometimes it isn’t. Requests for towels and ice etc sometimes go unanswered.

When you chase things up you just get a perfunctory reply.

The gym is a small sweatbox so you won’t be able to workout while you’re here.

Both the pool downstairs and the rooftop pool are great and the decor is amazing. It really fits in with the vibe here.

They only provide the minimum to Titanium/Platinum here, so breakfast or points only. This is obviously absolutely fine, just an FYI.

On my next visit to Ibiza I’ll be back to my usual until I hear something a little more positive about W Ibiza.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Originally Posted by xxxxx
I’m here now and it definitely doesn’t meet the W standard yet as some aspects really let it down. I love the brand and stay at Ws wherever and babe stayed at about 20 including most of the “escapes”.

On arrival there are no staff to greet you or take your bags and upon check in we were allocated the incorrect room which was never fixed as we’d unpacked and couldn’t be bothered to repack our things and unpack again.

Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived as it was before check in time. We went out to explore but nobody called as promised to tell us the room was ready which is such an easy thing to get right.

When I was bitten by a dog they were zero help so I had to sort help out myself.

Housekeeping is hit and miss, sometimes the room is cleaned, sometimes it isn’t. Requests for towels and ice etc sometimes go unanswered.

Both the pool downstairs and the rooftop pool are great and the decor is amazing. It really fits in with the vibe here.

They only provide the minimum to Titanium/Platinum here, so breakfast or points only. This is obviously absolutely fine, just an FYI.

On my next visit to Ibiza I’ll be back to my usual until I hear something a little more positive about W Ibiza.
Agreed, hard product is great but customer service (whilst very friendly) needs a bit of a polish.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by xxxxx

No room ready at check-in, no followup, and repeated minor yet still infuriating service miscues? Sounds like a standard W experience to me...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
No room ready at check-in, no followup, and repeated minor yet still infuriating service miscues? Sounds like a standard W experience to me...
In the USA, I’d agree but I mostly stay at W hotels outside of the USA and I’m always really happy with the service.

If you look at the W Ibiza Instagram stories, it’s clear the clientele they’re chasing given they seem to give a free stay to any “influencer” with more than 100k followers.

Given this focus, I can’t see this place improving its service levels any time soon.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:30 am

Just posted my full review up on HfP for anyone that is interested: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/0...w-ibiza-hotel/

Fundamentally it's a fantastic property but with customer service that needs a little polish when it gets to slightly more complex requests. All staff very friendly and lovely, however.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:08 am

Hi All!

Looking at staying here with my SO for a nice holiday towards the end of the month. Can anyone comment on the quality of the breakfast?

Also has anyone stayed in one of the rooms with a private terrace/pool? Is the pool heated? Does it get enough sun?

Any other recent experiences would be awesome as I am on the cusp of booking!

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by rhysflies
Just posted my full review up on HfP for anyone that is interested: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/0...w-ibiza-hotel/

Fundamentally it's a fantastic property but with customer service that needs a little polish when it gets to slightly more complex requests. All staff very friendly and lovely, however.
And I stop reading this after this sentence :
'It is the first part of our review trip to Barcelona and Madrid in partnership with Marriott Bonvoy. Marriott provided the hotel stays but we paid for all other expenses, including flights and testing.'
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by HHQX888
And I stop reading this after this sentence :
'It is the first part of our review trip to Barcelona and Madrid in partnership with Marriott Bonvoy. Marriott provided the hotel stays but we paid for all other expenses, including flights and testing.'
Then you will have missed the part where I wasn't wholly positive
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rhysflies
Then you will have missed the part where I wasn't wholly positive
The shameless attempt to drive clicks is not appreciated.
EuropeanPete and khabah like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:09 am

Visiting here on Sunday for 6 nights so I'll be sure to report back my experience!

Very very excited as this is our delayed (by 14 months) honeymoon!
twa777 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by thebestjungler
Visiting here on Sunday for 6 nights so I'll be sure to report back my experience!

Very very excited as this is our delayed (by 14 months) honeymoon!
How was your experience
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:03 pm

I see a few restaurants in the area, but if you want to visit the busier part of the island for dining or nightlife, how easy is it to find transportation? It looks like a 15 minute drive south, but I haven't been to Ibiza and am guessing a car rental is needed.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rrgg
I see a few restaurants in the area, but if you want to visit the busier part of the island for dining or nightlife, how easy is it to find transportation? It looks like a 15 minute drive south, but I haven't been to Ibiza and am guessing a car rental is needed.
We are staying later this year, and will just use taxis if heading into Ibiza Town. Have been to the island a couple of times before, and taxis used to be plentiful (if not that cheap, but not much is there). The public bus service is also good, though on that route looks like it takes 45 mins as there is a few stops on the coast.

If you want to explore the rest of the island, then a car is worthwhile at least for a few days, which is worth doing.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:00 pm

Any recent updates on stays? Titanium benefits? Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 702Jimmy
Any recent updates on stays? Titanium benefits? Thank you!
Also curious if the property has worked out some of the kinks. Have they generally been stingy in terms of SNAs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.