Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Montreal Downtown Centre-Ville [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 7.

Hotel website:

AC Hotel Montreal Downtown: Montreal Stylish Hotel - Montreal Business Hotel

Connect to the city in a new way at the AC Marriott Montréal Centre-Ville, where thoughtful service and a modern mindset define us. Nestled directly in Montreal's entertainment neighborhood, we are within minutes of prime shopping, dining, and entertainment. Enjoy Old Montreal, discover Mont-Royal or attend a concert at the Montreal Symphonic Orchestra. Sample the local shops while you're here. Recharge in the morning with a European inspired breakfast. Elevate your stay at our AC Lounge tapas, Spanish wines on tap, handcrafted cocktails and craft brews. Swim in our 21 meter swimming pool overlooking panoramic neighborhood views. After a long day of Montreal meetings or adventures, unwind in your guestroom with free Wi-Fi, glass enclosed showers, smart TV's, sleek furniture and premium bedding. We also offer event space and catering for up to 150 people. Our hotel embodies the local Montreal spirit with a design dedicated to the modern business traveler. AC Hotels- a whole new way to travel.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Officially open. Marriott press release:

AC Hotels By Marriott® Welcomes First Property In Canada, In The Heart Of Montreal?s Thriving Cultural Scene | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Located in the heart of downtown Montreal on Boulevard René-Lévesque, just steps away from the Quartier des Spectacles (entertainment district), the Palais des congrès de Montréal (Montreal’s convention center) and two city blocks from Old Montreal, AC Hotel Montréal Centre-Ville is ideally situated for business and leisure travelers alike....located on the first twelve floors of a 35-story dual-use high-rise that also includes luxury apartments.... The property offers 169 sleek oversized guestrooms with hardwood floors, large walk-in showers, floor to ceiling windows, and 50-inch HDTV featuring HBO...located on the 12th floor with a panoramic view of Old Montreal, guests have access to Montreal’s only 21-meter swimming pool, dry sauna, exterior terrace and exercise room."
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:04 pm

Does anyone have comments about the new AC? Or can you compare it to the Courtyard next door? I've stayed there twice, but not the AC.

The main complaints I've read about the AC are noise. Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
My first time at a AC but was pleasantly surprised.

The lobby area is really nice and the rooms are as expected but all new and well maintained. Nespresso machine and Damman tea. Pretty good for a 125$ (CAD)/night hotel! The pool and the gym on the 12th floor have great views. It is centrally located in Quartier des Spectacles, close to metro and main attractions.

At nighttime, they have a table with local lavender bags that you can bring home. Nice touch

I got 10$ credit for being Platinum. 10$ CAD even though it said 10 USD on the provided ticket. There's another thread on that so I won't say more.

The breakfast (20$) consists of a continental breakfast with the usual and sliced to order prosciutto, european cheeses, and excellent quality pastries. It also includes an egg dish (a cazuela or a scrambled egg tartine). I had the tartine and was very pleased.

My expectations were a low but exceeded on all points. Being significantly cheaper than the W, Delta, or Renaissance, I think it I would prefer this hotel anytime. It makes no sense to pay 75-100$ more just for points or free breakfast.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:40 am

Stayed here during a conference at the Palais de Congress. Great rooms, very stylish interior design and lobby, and excellent views from my room.

I wasn't around in the hotel too much so location was definitely the key asset here. Most downtown metro stations, McGill, the Palais, and old Montreal are an easy stroll away. Excellent alternative to official conference hotels, especially since the AC is less than a ten minute walk away from the convention center, but was much cheaper (and arguably nicer). There is also an excellent cafe ("La Finca café") just down the street from the hotel.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Passed by it yesterday, there’s a sign that says that the hotel will be closed for an indefinite amount of time.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Is you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room facing the back. Can definitely hear road noise facing René-Lévesque despite downtown traffic being dead right now due to the pandemic.

Internet is around 40-50Mpbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.