Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:50 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by azeckel
Ew! Start drinking coke zero (or cherry coke zero!) Pepsi Max is sludge
Hang in there. Modern medicine is making break throughs all the time and I have no doubt that a cure for your broken taste buds will soon be found.

Actually quite like coke zero but where I currently live it is being phased out and replaced with coke "no sugar".
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Westin Warsaw has also switched to Pepsi products....that started in the beginning of January.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
What about Hilton? Do they generally offer Coke? Could be worth taking the Diamond challenge to get away from Pepsi.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Last night I had my choice of Pepsi products from room service or a lounge fridge stocked with Coke products. Odd.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:59 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Hilton does coke
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
They get it from their buddy IHG down the block - they swear it's not theirs.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Hilton does coke
are we talking about the same thing?
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I stayed at a SPG property a few days ago and I think I witnessed the switchover at that property.
On the night of arrival, there was a small fridge in the area where you can buy sundries near the check-in area. It contained Coke products.
I was there the following afternoon, that fridge was gone, a somewhat larger fridge branded Pepsi was there, containing Pepsi products.
I asked the front desk if they had any Diet Cokes. The person, who perhaps wasn't aware of the switchover, said sure, was surprised not to see any in the new fridge, but got me a few from a storage area.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Aventine
I wonder what happens when Pepsi pisses him off? RC Cola?
That would be excellent! RC Cola is far superior to any cola product from Coke or Pepsi, and the same goes for Diet Rite.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Still Coke at the Sheraton here in Berlin.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
When I was at the Moana Surfrider Westin in Honolulu in February, a partial switchover occurred on my second day because the bottled water went from the Coke-owned water (Dasani) to the Pepsi-owned water (Aquafina). The food and beverage outlets continued serving Coke pop, however.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
And so a sea change in my happy hour drinks of choice is set to occur. No way I quaff any brown liquor with a pepsi product.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:38 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Thank goodness taste has at long last triumphed at SPG and that vile, bitter, bilious Coke concoction has been replaced with the pure nectar that is Pepsi. The world has improved just a teeny bit today!
Srisarin likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:27 pm

Did this impact the Dolphin and Swan as well? WDW has a very strict no non Coke products on property policy.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Worst decision ever! Its official I hate this merger. I despise Pepsi. I will literally smuggle in my own coke

I was in 3 SPG hotels in the last 2 weeks. I know 2 were stocking coke products. The 3rd I did not have a soda at.

1) Westin Singapore (did not notice)
2) St Regis BKK
3) Le Meridian Chiang Mai
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Mar 4, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.