Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat

After noticing a switch from Dasani to Aquafina for the in-room water my hotel this week, I confirmed with the Front Desk that due to the Marriott acquisition, Starwood hotels are switching from Coke to Pepsi products.

This is probably one of those areas where they will have mixed reactions, but here is to hoping that we can still get Coke products onsite.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every Starwood hotel???
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Even Atlanta? Isn't Pepsi illegal there?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Every Starwood hotel???
I definitely didn’t press the Front Desk Agent for specifics, beyond confirming that it wasn’t a property-specific decision to switch...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by lilpisher
I confirmed with the Front Desk that due to the Marriott acquisition, Starwood hotels are switching from Coke to Pepsi products.
gross.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Ugh...not a fan of this decision. Well, I guess I'll be opting for hot tea instead of a soft drink...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think it might be a US thing. Westin Chosun Seoul still has Coke.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
I noticed the same at Sheraton Grand Chicago tonight and was told that switch happened within the last month as part of the Marriott acquisition.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Even Atlanta? Isn't Pepsi illegal there?
I'm at the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter this week and can confirm lounge drinks are Pepsi and water in rooms are Aquafina. Interestingly enough, the water in the lounge is Dasani, but perhaps they're just going through the remaining stock.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Yup, Marriott is finally starting to chip away at SPG. First it's "Destination Fees" for NYC hotels, now Pepsi... what next?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I hope this practice will not spread worldwide (including those ridiculous fees).
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Worst decision ever!...
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Gross!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I hope this practice will not spread worldwide (including those ridiculous fees).
Starwood has its own history of ridiculous fees. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ho...hotel-charges/

With Pepsi products, I assure Marriott I will be spending less on beverages. It is not the end of the world for me.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Just remember that while Pepsi has long had the contract with Marriott there are a good number of Marriott properties across multiple brands (particularly at the upper end of the brand portfolio spectrum) that stock Coke products for guests who request a Coke or Diet Coke. Other properties, like the Renaissance on Aruba, are contractually exempt from carrying Pepsi products. In Aruba's case, the hotel's owner is also the local Coke bottler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.