Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Venezia, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Feb '18. Cat 8.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...hotel-venezia/

"AC Hotel Venezia is located in a strategic point of the City at the final terminal for bus and cars, two minutes walking from the Waterbus Stop, that connects you with the different points of the city, and the Railway Station and 13 km away from Airport.

The brand new AC Hotel Venezia, strategically located at the “entrance” of Venice, is the ideal starting point of the city discovery. It is located close to Piazzale Roma, the final bus and car terminal, two minutes walking from Santa Lucia Railway Station and from the waterbus stop and only 20 minutes ride from the Venice Marco Polo Airport. A modern design Hotel combined with Venetian style details. 79 rooms, among which 3 Junior Suites and 14 Superior Canal View rooms, equipped with every comfort; a cozy AC Lounge where chilling out after a day spent to discover the city with the world-famous Venetian aperitif: the Spritz, or where enjoying one of our specialties. After a short and pleasant walk, while getting lost in the labyrinth of Venetian calli, you can easily reach Rialto Bridge, St Mark Square and all the interesting places you can meet along your way."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 31, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Any updates from folks that have stayed here

We will be in Venice in September and currently have a reservation for points at the Grand Hotel Dei Dogi. We are going on a cruise so location for the AC seems great. Any info on any extras for platinum members? Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: SW A-List, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by s0479
We will be in Venice in September and currently have a reservation for points at the Grand Hotel Dei Dogi. We are going on a cruise so location for the AC seems great. Any info on any extras for platinum members? Thanks!
Just visited last week as a Platinum member. Was offered 250 points or welcome drink (1 per person for our 2 person reservation at the bar in the lobby) as the welcome gift, enhanced internet offered as always. Beyond these two things, nothing else was offered as extras. We booked a water view room and were not upgraded to a suite at check-in even though there looked to be availability in the Marriott app. It was okay with us though, as we wanted to water view while in Venice!

It's been mentioned elsewhere online for this hotel, but the rooms are quite small, even the superior rooms, so be forewarned. Breakfast isn't that great of an offering, 10 euros each for Platinum/Gold members, 18 euros each for non-elite (not sure about Silver). Definitely would buy breakfast elsewhere in town!

Hope you have a good time!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by crash21
J

It's been mentioned elsewhere online for this hotel, but the rooms are quite small, even the superior rooms, so be forewarned. Breakfast isn't that great of an offering, 10 euros each for Platinum/Gold members, 18 euros each for non-elite (not sure about Silver). Definitely would buy breakfast elsewhere in town!

Hope you have a good time!
I stayed there in April and yes, it's true the rooms are quite small. But to me the location is great, right off the bus terminal where the bus from the airport arrives. So you don't have to schlepp your luggage through Venice's narrow alleys. Just load off and then go and explore. Also I quite liked the breakfast. I guess it's a case of YMMV. The gratin potatoes were absolutely delicious. Also starting August 1st supposedly it will be free for Platinums?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Report in exec lounge sticky confirms 10E for breakfast (until August 1 anyway). Also said that 10% discount on parking down the street (32E).

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Marriott Gold - upgraded room last month and offered breakfast for 10€/pp. enjoyed the stay. Had a good Spritz and cappuccino from the bar downstairs in the afternoon.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:07 am

Not too many comments on this hotel yet, wondering if anyone else who has stayed here has a comment or two. I will be staying for 2 nights in Mid-June and picked it primarily due to it's location to the train station and price. (I will be there alone). Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
Not too many comments on this hotel yet, wondering if anyone else who has stayed here has a comment or two. I will be staying for 2 nights in Mid-June and picked it primarily due to it's location to the train station and price. (I will be there alone). Thanks.
From Santa Lucia station it’s about 5 minute walk and just one bridge to transit . Small rooms, very modern and fresh. No onsite ‘restaurant’ but does have a cafe of sorts: serving salads, pizza, lasagna, other simple dishes ( pretty inexpensive and reasonably tasty).
The elite benefit is €10 off F&B expenditure ( breakfast is €18)
I wouldn’t get overexcited about the prospect of water view ( the view is pretty insignificant in the context of the spectacular views everywhere in Venice), nor disappointed in not getting one.
The crowds are horrendous...and in that regard the AC does make sense, because the crowd thins out a bit up that end of town.
Rates are very expensive for what you get: but in the context of Venice prices, probably reasonable.
Overall it’s a pretty good option.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hilton diamond, Marriott titanium, IHG platinum
Returned from AC Venice after four nights during this week's heatwave - v impressed by what is in fact a 3 star designer hotel, with decent rates (E200-250) for Venice. Benefits as quoted above - E10 per person off breakfast for titanium, late checkout, v few upgradeable rooms, good bar and breakfast room and quiet outdoor courtyards. But standard room, though a bit tight, works well, with solid wifi, large walk-in shower and decent beds - like AC elsewhere in Spain and Italy, well ahead of Premier Inn, comparable to a large Citizen M but a more formal design concept. Forget the view, but step outside and you are almost canal-side, right at the taxi rank and bus to airport, 100 yards across one bridge to the railway station, and close to half a dozen vaporetto stops including lines 1 and 2 down the Grand Canal. You can be lost in a maze of side streets and quiet canals in minutes.
But the key benefit last week, with 95F temps every day, was solid, blasting-cool air conditioning in both public rooms and bedrooms - not always the case in Venice palazzo at more than twice the price. We have enjoyed the Danieli and Molino Stucky Hilton on other trips, and will try Marriott's Autograph and the new JW on its own island, and perhaps the even new Hyatt on Murano, but for convenience, efficiency and decent pricing and points opportunities for a short break, the AC Venezia is almost unbeatable.....And remember, whatever your hotel, Venice is the star attraction....
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:23 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seat 13a
Returned from AC Venice after four nights during this week's heatwave - v impressed by what is in fact a 3 star designer hotel, with decent rates (E200-250) for Venice. Benefits as quoted above - E10 per person off breakfast for titanium, late checkout, v few upgradeable rooms, good bar and breakfast room and quiet outdoor courtyards. But standard room, though a bit tight, works well, with solid wifi, large walk-in shower and decent beds - like AC elsewhere in Spain and Italy, well ahead of Premier Inn, comparable to a large Citizen M but a more formal design concept. Forget the view, but step outside and you are almost canal-side, right at the taxi rank and bus to airport, 100 yards across one bridge to the railway station, and close to half a dozen vaporetto stops including lines 1 and 2 down the Grand Canal. You can be lost in a maze of side streets and quiet canals in minutes.
But the key benefit last week, with 95F temps every day, was solid, blasting-cool air conditioning in both public rooms and bedrooms - not always the case in Venice palazzo at more than twice the price. We have enjoyed the Danieli and Molino Stucky Hilton on other trips, and will try Marriott's Autograph and the new JW on its own island, and perhaps the even new Hyatt on Murano, but for convenience, efficiency and decent pricing and points opportunities for a short break, the AC Venezia is almost unbeatable.....And remember, whatever your hotel, Venice is the star attraction....

Thanks for this wonderful review!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:31 pm

any recent updates? Is breakfast included for play/titanium’s now?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Ten days ago, my wife and I stayed 3 nights before departing Sunday afternoon on a cruise. We had been upgraded 5 days prior to check-in to 1 of the 3 junior suites (room 228, I believe the largest of the 3, it’s an accessible room) using suite night awards. This is about 50% larger than the regular rooms. I believe this is the only room with a view of the bus terminal parking lot which I found amusing (great people watching). I didn’t notice any excessive noise, but I am not one who demands absolute silence. YMMV. I really don’t think any of the other rooms have much of a view, except for the 14 that overlook the not-too-picturesque canal. But you don’t stay here for the view or complete Venice experience. You stay here (1) to save money and (2) for convenience to/from the airport and cruise terminal [airport bus drops you off practically in front of the hotel for 8 euros, and for the cruise terminal, the “people-mover” (1.5 euros/person) is even closer.]. If it’s your first trip to Venice you may want to stay deeper into town.

I mostly agree with seat 13a’s comments: good bathroom, AC, and mini-mini fridge (not a minibar). They even have bathrobes. Very close to many Vaperetto stops, and there is a good COOP market about 5 minutes away.

As far as breakfast, it’s as seat 13a described, but we found the 10 euro per person per day elite benefit to be most valuable at the bar in the evening. The wines are priced reasonably, and from about 6-8:30pm they have a tapas (cicchetti) buffet including 1 glass of wine for 10 euros (wines start around 4 euros). And the bar is open to 11pm or a bit later. Not a lot of staff, but everyone is friendly and accommodating.

For our late check-out, we had to change rooms around noon, since I suppose they needed to have our jr. suite ready for the next guest by 3 or 4pm. But that was done easily.

We didn’t eat near the hotel, but there is a gelato shop (recommended by the bartender) about a 2 minute walk away (use the hotel’s back door) on a nearby canal that was quite reasonable and tasty to me (4 scoops for 4 euros, as I recall). “Gelateria Polo Nord” (I guess that means “North Pole”). There's also a "Grom" shop at the railroad station, but I did not try that.

This was just the place for us after a long 3-flight trip from San Francisco, and later connecting to the cruise ship.
l380 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
I was there last week too! The standard room is super tiny. No upgrades for Ambassador guest. Not like I was expecting it.

I did take the breakfast on the morning of departure. They give you an option to order cook to order eggs for an additional 5E. Not worth it in my opinion.

Here are some photos

Platinum welcome benefits

Breakfast area

Breakfast - Cold cuts

Breakfast - Hot dishes

Breakfast - Pastry

Breakfast - Cereal

Breakfast - Bread

Breakfast - Hot cuts
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marrriott Platinum
A funny thing happened when I stayed there in September - I used points, 35K/night for 3 nights. When I looked at my statement I was credited for 12,000 points, as if I had paid.

I called up the Rewards help and explained it, and said they could either take back the points or charge me ( I would have called if they had missed the points, so, symmetry) but so far neither has happened.

So I'm trying to return the Karma by saying what a good place this was to stay. First, the hotel is very modern and comfortable, and we got upgraded for the whole stay. Second, and just as important, it is the easiest place to get to from the bus stop, maybe 100'. We were pretty jet lagged when we got in and did not look forward to walking through crowds, getting lost, etc trying to find where we were staying. The train station is maybe 200-300 yards away, over the new bridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.