Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Warsaw Airport Hotel, WAW, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening March '18. Website says exec lounge open daily. Cat 5.

Renaissance Warsaw Airport Hotel: Warsaw Distinctive Hotels

"At the Renaissance Warsaw Airport Hotel, you'll find a place where simple delights become memorable moments. Conveniently located, opposite to the Frederic Chopin International Airport and perfectly equipped helps you to relax before or after your flight in comfortable sound-insulated rooms. Enjoy local and international cuisine in the hotel restaurant or one of our signature cocktails in the bar. If you are here to visit Warsaw, you will find it easy to reach several city’s major areas within fifteen minutes’ drive: City, Old Town, Parliament, National Museum, National Stadium and much more historical and modern places to absorb local climates. Ask resident Navigator about how to make most of your trip to Polish capital city.Hotel location: 37 seconds or 67 steps form Renaissance door to F.Chopin Airpot terminals door."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 27, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you use the Flexible Dates option, nothing appears until May 28 and then the rates are stupidly high (like double what the Marriott in the city centre charges).

Ultimately, I'd expect it to be priced somewhere between the CY next door and the FS Marriott.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
If you use the Flexible Dates option, nothing appears until May 28 and then the rates are stupidly high (like double what the Marriott in the city centre charges).

Ultimately, I'd expect it to be priced somewhere between the CY next door and the FS Marriott.
I've seen that before where the rates are high until they actually open/they load in inventory properly. Same with opening dates.

Cheers.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

From press release re: Renaissances. Excerpt:

"In Poland, the Renaissance brand is bound to make a splash with the debut its first hotel in Warsaw. Looking to the avant-garde modernism of the 1930s, 1960s and today, the hotel’s design features modern pops of primary colors in its art, textiles and furniture, inspired by the fashion, graphic design and pop culture of the time. Celebrating the inherent creative tension in Polish modern design, the hotel is poised to set a new standard for the staid airport experience."

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Officially open. Marriott press release:

Renaissance Hotels Debuts in Poland | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Ideally located for easy access to the airport and surrounding business parks, and just 20 minutes from Warsaw city center, the hotel boasts 225 stylish rooms and suites whose modernist-inspired interiors are complemented by graphic art from renowned Polish Poster Gallery, bringing a sense of local soul and creating unexpected moments of discovery...Additional public spaces include a signature restaurant offering local Polish cuisine with a modern twist, as well as hotel bar that plays host to inspiring social events including the nightly Renaissance Bar Ritual....With an idyllic spa and wellness area, complete with swimming pool, the hotel offers guests a retreat to relax and unwind in the midst of their travels."

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Officially open. Marriott press release:

Renaissance Hotels Debuts in Poland Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Ideally located for easy access to the airport and surrounding business parks, and just 20 minutes from Warsaw city center, the hotel boasts 225 stylish rooms and suites whose modernist-inspired interiors are complemented by graphic art from renowned Polish Poster Gallery, bringing a sense of local soul and creating unexpected moments of discovery...Additional public spaces include a signature restaurant offering local Polish cuisine with a modern twist, as well as hotel bar that plays host to inspiring social events including the nightly Renaissance Bar Ritual....With an idyllic spa and wellness area, complete with swimming pool, the hotel offers guests a retreat to relax and unwind in the midst of their travels."

Cheers.
Finally! Only 6 months later than the previous projected opening.. so not that bad as far as hotels are concerned
Old May 21, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
In the Executive Lounge at the moment after a very brief stop (arrived at midnight, leaving at 8.30) so little to make an impression on.

Hotel is a new build and still smells like it! Has been open for three weeks and when I checked out this morning there were more staff than customers (it was a Sunday night / Monday morning stay)

As a Gold, upgraded to an executive room on the top (7th) floor) which was a substantial room with all the amenities you would expect - good to see USB plugs as standard and there was an international plug adaptor in the wardrobe. Also in the wardrobe was an additional 6 USB charger unit - which I hadn't seen before. Lots of bare brushed concrete which appears to be the way to signify modern in hotels at the moment.

Executive lounge down the corridor overlooking the airport terminal building with the runways in the distance. Decent breakfast spread with scrambled eggs and porridge as the hot options. Three members of staff and me in there at 8am.

Paid less than GBP 100 / USD 130 but that was for a Sunday night - not sure how the Courtyard next door and this hotel are going to coexist as not sure there is that much demand for hotel rooms at the airport.

Apologies no time for a proper trip report or to get any photos but positive first impression.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Tetly1967
not sure how the Courtyard next door and this hotel are going to coexist
That could be the last of their problems if plans to build the new 'hub' here in Warsaw (and miles away from Chopin Airport) get finalised in the days to come

G
yurtripper likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That could be the last of their problems if plans to build the new 'hub' here in Warsaw (and miles away from Chopin Airport) get finalised in the days to come

G
True. But if that happens then both the CY and the Renaissance could end up as very cheap properties to do mattress runs for those of us based in WAW!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tetly1967
In the Executive Lounge at the moment after a very brief stop (arrived at midnight, leaving at 8.30) so little to make an impression on.

Hotel is a new build and still smells like it! Has been open for three weeks and when I checked out this morning there were more staff than customers (it was a Sunday night / Monday morning stay)

As a Gold, upgraded to an executive room on the top (7th) floor) which was a substantial room with all the amenities you would expect - good to see USB plugs as standard and there was an international plug adaptor in the wardrobe. Also in the wardrobe was an additional 6 USB charger unit - which I hadn't seen before. Lots of bare brushed concrete which appears to be the way to signify modern in hotels at the moment.

Executive lounge down the corridor overlooking the airport terminal building with the runways in the distance. Decent breakfast spread with scrambled eggs and porridge as the hot options. Three members of staff and me in there at 8am.

Paid less than GBP 100 / USD 130 but that was for a Sunday night - not sure how the Courtyard next door and this hotel are going to coexist as not sure there is that much demand for hotel rooms at the airport.

Apologies no time for a proper trip report or to get any photos but positive first impression.
Thanks for the quick trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
both the CY and the Renaissance could end up as very cheap properties to do mattress runs for those of us based in WAW!
Hahaha, sounds like a great plan for a night out in Okęcie (I can already picture my text to the Mrs - "I'm too drunk to make it back home and a cab may just make things worse, I'll get a hotel instead tonight, see you in the morning or perhaps you can join me for breakfast")

G
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:23 pm

I am going to be spending two nights in Warsaw (13JUL & 14JUL and flying out 15JUL). Wondering if anyone has stayed at this property and is it worth the extra cost compared to Warsaw Marriott? I am traveling with my husband and two kids and have Marriott Gold so would like to take advantage of the Lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by marysia
I am going to be spending two nights in Warsaw (13JUL & 14JUL and flying out 15JUL). Wondering if anyone has stayed at this property and is it worth the extra cost compared to Warsaw Marriott? I am traveling with my husband and two kids and have Marriott Gold so would like to take advantage of the Lounge.
Honestly, if you are spending 2 nights in Warsaw and flying out on Day 3 you would be much better off going to the Marriott in any case - I can't imagine how it makes more sense to pay for the Renaissance and be stuck right next to the airport when there's a city you can explore at a full service, centrally located property that is actually cheaper.
marysia likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:38 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I was here on a Thursday night two nights ago after missing an onward connection. Despite it being a comped night from the airline I was extended all of the platinum amenities. Unfortunately it was already nearing midnight and the lounge was already closed. I had to get catch a 06:00 flight, so there was not much time to explore the facilities. I did have a makeshift meal at the bar where I got into some discussions with some interesting guests. The bartenders were very attentive.

The room was very fresh. The bed gave me one of the best 2-hour sleeps I have every had.

Although my stay is a bit of a blur, I did make a mental note to stay here again if I need to be at the airport. The 1 minute walk to the terminal is very attractive.

I did also notice the Courtyard hotel which looks very impressive also. However, it is a 2 minute walk away. I would think twice about booking that one if you have lots of luggage. Joking aside, from the outside it looks like a good alternative. On my night it was also about 40% cheaper than the Renaissance.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:31 pm

I liked the Renaissance Warsaw Airport much better than the Warsaw Marriott!
Its a lovely, brand new hotel with amazing breakfast (from 5 a.m.), great rooms (overall the interior design is stunning!) and a great club lounge, oh and a SPA with steam rooms and a swimming pool!
The only downside is its location (but not if you like plane spotting! ), although it's still a short taxi/uber ride from the city center.

And the Courtyard can't compare at the moment, it's a dated, 15-year old hotel, but it will have a major refurbishment at the end of this year.

Last edited by Klimt; Sep 7, 2018 at 3:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.