Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:04 am

Should be fine to get a rollaway bed or get a 2 queen redemption (vs 1 king) but note the rooms are rather small compared to Western standards (like everything in HK)
AAExpDFW likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Family of 4 ( 2 adults + 6 yr old + 1 yr old ) will be in Hong Kong 12/31- 1/6 . Anybody know if I would have have an issue redeeming 7 night cert at JW Marriott Hong Kong because we are 4 ppl?
Book the 2 beds room configuration. If you are at least a Gold elite, the room type is guaranteed. There are only 2 2 beds rooms each floor as they are all corner rooms. The other 2 corner rooms are real suites. (as for 4 corners each floor).

Somewhere in the thread of Marriott family of hotels in Hong Kong, you will find the floor plan of the 2 beds room which should have enough space to put in a small rollaway.

Regular king bed room would be extremely tight or not even possible for that.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Book the 2 beds room configuration. If you are at least a Gold elite, the room type is guaranteed.
I do believe that outside NA, only Plats have their room type guaranteed. But maybe the rules have changed.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
A bit OT, but we are redeeming a (7) night cert at the JW Dec 29-Jan 5. REally excited about being there over New Years. Also first time in Hong Kong in general. (Connected before, but never left HKG.) Jan 5 we are off to Phuket for our week at Phuket Beach Club.

Used Travel package for the JW week and the AA miles towards our award J travel on Cathay Pacific.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I do believe that outside NA, only Plats have their room type guaranteed. But maybe the rules have changed.
My reservation for Saturday night as a gold says "guaranteed: 2 double beds, non-smoking."

Are there really on 2 double rooms per floor? Looking at a picture of the emergency floor plan that I have from a previous stay on the 33rd floor, it looks like there could be 4 on that floor (bigger room)
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:52 am

Does anybody know if connecting rooms at JW Marriott HK feature 2 queens + 1 king only or is there possibility of connecting rooms with 2 queens in each room?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doesun
Does anybody know if connecting rooms at JW Marriott HK feature 2 queens + 1 king only or is there possibility of connecting rooms with 2 queens in each room?
There is no 2 queens in a room. The regular room in JW HKG is TOO SMALL to fit in 2 queens.

There are 2 double beds room (a corner room). Double bed is much smaller than a queen bed.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
There is no 2 queens in a room. The regular room in JW HKG is TOO SMALL to fit in 2 queens.

There are 2 double beds room (a corner room). Double bed is much smaller than a queen bed.
It's not that much smaller... You can still very reasonably fit 2 normal sized adults on that double bed.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:40 pm

Yes correction. I meant 2 doubles + 1 king and 2 doubles and 2 doubles as connecting rooms in my question earlier.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Scoob72
anaggie / GoSh4rks -- thanks both for the above information - very much appreciated. I'm feeling more and more comfortable that being Gold will only add to my experience of the JW HK. I've stayed there a few times without status and thoroughly enjoyed it, so the upcoming trip sounds like it will be a great one again.

Thanks once again.
Did you end up getting a room upgrade ?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coljung
Did you end up getting a room upgrade ?
Though your question is for OP, I think I am also qualified to answer it coz I stayed with JW hk in Sep/October this year (I was gold then).

I was upgraded to a executive level room (but not a suite), breakfast was in Lounge which was really good. Evening snacks were also great.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
JW Marriott Hong Kong

The only thread I can find specific to the JW Marriott Hong Kong is over two years old (So I stayed at the JW Marriott Hong Kong). I usually stay at the Conrad when in Hong Kong, but decided to try the JW Marriott next month. I'm a Gold member and booked two rooms on points, with a $225 upgrade to Executive rooms. Is it worth the upgrade? How likely are they to upgrade Golds if I didn't pay to guarantee it? If I do, will they perhaps give us a suite and a regular room?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anabolism
The only thread I can find specific to the JW Marriott Hong Kong is over two years old (So I stayed at the JW Marriott Hong Kong). I usually stay at the Conrad when in Hong Kong, but decided to try the JW Marriott next month. I'm a Gold member and booked two rooms on points, with a $225 upgrade to Executive rooms. Is it worth the upgrade?
Why would you pay extra for an executive room if you're a Gold??? You will have lounge access automatically.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Why would you pay extra for an executive room if you're a Gold??? You will have lounge access automatically.
To get a nicer room. Hence my question as to if it is worth it.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anabolism
To get a nicer room. Hence my question as to if it is worth it.
The rooms are the same, except the executive rooms are on floors 31-35, hence my question why you would pay extra for them.

btw, there are a few relevant threads you might want to take a look at:

Advice kindly sought re Gold benefits at JW Marriott Hong Kong

and

Hong Kong: JW vs Renaissance

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 10, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.