Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 3, 19, 8:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Troopers
Wiki Link
Exec lounge has two levels. If main level is busy, go upstairs as it's usually quieter. Thanks to yurtripper for the tip.

Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 12, 17, 5:04 am

Should be fine to get a rollaway bed or get a 2 queen redemption (vs 1 king) but note the rooms are rather small compared to Western standards (like everything in HK)
AAExpDFW likes this.
Old Jul 12, 17, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stivelio View Post
Family of 4 ( 2 adults + 6 yr old + 1 yr old ) will be in Hong Kong 12/31- 1/6 . Anybody know if I would have have an issue redeeming 7 night cert at JW Marriott Hong Kong because we are 4 ppl?
Book the 2 beds room configuration. If you are at least a Gold elite, the room type is guaranteed. There are only 2 2 beds rooms each floor as they are all corner rooms. The other 2 corner rooms are real suites. (as for 4 corners each floor).

Somewhere in the thread of Marriott family of hotels in Hong Kong, you will find the floor plan of the 2 beds room which should have enough space to put in a small rollaway.

Regular king bed room would be extremely tight or not even possible for that.
Old Jul 12, 17, 5:20 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Book the 2 beds room configuration. If you are at least a Gold elite, the room type is guaranteed.
I do believe that outside NA, only Plats have their room type guaranteed. But maybe the rules have changed.
Old Jul 12, 17, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
A bit OT, but we are redeeming a (7) night cert at the JW Dec 29-Jan 5. REally excited about being there over New Years. Also first time in Hong Kong in general. (Connected before, but never left HKG.) Jan 5 we are off to Phuket for our week at Phuket Beach Club.

Used Travel package for the JW week and the AA miles towards our award J travel on Cathay Pacific.
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I do believe that outside NA, only Plats have their room type guaranteed. But maybe the rules have changed.
My reservation for Saturday night as a gold says "guaranteed: 2 double beds, non-smoking."

Are there really on 2 double rooms per floor? Looking at a picture of the emergency floor plan that I have from a previous stay on the 33rd floor, it looks like there could be 4 on that floor (bigger room)
Old Dec 4, 17, 10:52 am

Does anybody know if connecting rooms at JW Marriott HK feature 2 queens + 1 king only or is there possibility of connecting rooms with 2 queens in each room?
Old Dec 4, 17, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doesun View Post
Does anybody know if connecting rooms at JW Marriott HK feature 2 queens + 1 king only or is there possibility of connecting rooms with 2 queens in each room?
There is no 2 queens in a room. The regular room in JW HKG is TOO SMALL to fit in 2 queens.

There are 2 double beds room (a corner room). Double bed is much smaller than a queen bed.
Old Dec 4, 17, 11:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
There is no 2 queens in a room. The regular room in JW HKG is TOO SMALL to fit in 2 queens.

There are 2 double beds room (a corner room). Double bed is much smaller than a queen bed.
It's not that much smaller... You can still very reasonably fit 2 normal sized adults on that double bed.
Old Dec 4, 17, 11:40 pm

Yes correction. I meant 2 doubles + 1 king and 2 doubles and 2 doubles as connecting rooms in my question earlier.

Old Dec 12, 17, 8:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Scoob72 View Post
anaggie / GoSh4rks -- thanks both for the above information - very much appreciated. I'm feeling more and more comfortable that being Gold will only add to my experience of the JW HK. I've stayed there a few times without status and thoroughly enjoyed it, so the upcoming trip sounds like it will be a great one again.

Thanks once again.
Did you end up getting a room upgrade ?
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coljung View Post
Did you end up getting a room upgrade ?
Though your question is for OP, I think I am also qualified to answer it coz I stayed with JW hk in Sep/October this year (I was gold then).

I was upgraded to a executive level room (but not a suite), breakfast was in Lounge which was really good. Evening snacks were also great.
Old Jan 10, 18, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
JW Marriott Hong Kong

The only thread I can find specific to the JW Marriott Hong Kong is over two years old (So I stayed at the JW Marriott Hong Kong). I usually stay at the Conrad when in Hong Kong, but decided to try the JW Marriott next month. I'm a Gold member and booked two rooms on points, with a $225 upgrade to Executive rooms. Is it worth the upgrade? How likely are they to upgrade Golds if I didn't pay to guarantee it? If I do, will they perhaps give us a suite and a regular room?
Old Jan 10, 18, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
The only thread I can find specific to the JW Marriott Hong Kong is over two years old (So I stayed at the JW Marriott Hong Kong). I usually stay at the Conrad when in Hong Kong, but decided to try the JW Marriott next month. I'm a Gold member and booked two rooms on points, with a $225 upgrade to Executive rooms. Is it worth the upgrade?
Why would you pay extra for an executive room if you're a Gold??? You will have lounge access automatically.
Old Jan 10, 18, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Why would you pay extra for an executive room if you're a Gold??? You will have lounge access automatically.
To get a nicer room. Hence my question as to if it is worth it.
Old Jan 10, 18, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
To get a nicer room. Hence my question as to if it is worth it.
The rooms are the same, except the executive rooms are on floors 31-35, hence my question why you would pay extra for them.

btw, there are a few relevant threads you might want to take a look at:

Advice kindly sought re Gold benefits at JW Marriott Hong Kong

and

Hong Kong: JW vs Renaissance

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 10, 18 at 6:25 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: