Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Tasman, Luxury Collection - Hobart, Tasmania [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Tasman, Luxury Collection - Hobart, Tasmania [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Had a great stay there. Stayed in a pavilion building water view king room. Room design was modern and new, outlets had usb charging but room size is not particularly big. Location is fantastic as its walkable to most stuff in town. Breakfast is one of the best I've had for hotel breakfasts. Valet service was tentative, asking us what time we would our car ready the next day and was always there on time for pickup. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, as tasmania is more sightseeing and driving outside the city, but the room did what we needed which is a comfortable place to sleep after a long day out. Would recommend it to people going to Hobart
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Is Uber the best way to get from the airport to the Tasman? I have never been to Tasmania, and the name alone sounds scary enough to spook Mother.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Is Uber the best way to get from the airport to the Tasman? I have never been to Tasmania, and the name alone sounds scary enough to spook Mother.
I took the SkyBus: https://www.skybus.com.au/hobart-express/

Stop #2 is a short walk from the Tasman (though a bit uphill, so might not be convenient with heavy luggage)
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Uber, Taxi or Skybus each have their own advantage or disadvantage, the main thing for me would be what's the weather doing.

While it's a sunny day today as I look out the window, we have just had a short shower of rain and there are strong winds for the last couple of hours.
I would not like to get the Skybus then have to walk to the accommodation so Uber or Taxi is best on a day like today, but if the weather was fine then a short walk after getting the Skybus into the city would be fine.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

We spent one night at The Tasman. I booked and paid for a water view room. I thought about making an award booking but didn't think I would be content with an entry level room. I should have done a better job of checking the size of the water view room. It was just 27 sq meters so quite tight. It did have a nice harbor view which I appreciated. The bathroom had a large walk in shower. No upgrade was available as the hotel was booked out. We were left a half bottle of wine as I have titanium status. We don't drink alcohol so asked if we could receive a non alcoholic beverage. We were bemused to be given two eyeshades.

I chose breakfast as my titanium choice and it was excellent. It was buffet with beverages and eggs ordered at the table. There was an expansive array of salads and fruits, along with bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, and pancakes at the grill.

I used a gift card as payment. Kudos to the staff for handling it flawlessly. The number of the card was taken at check in and the room charge was already removed on check out. We only needed the $45AUD charge for valet parking to be taken as well. The conversion rate was very close to the bank exchange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.