Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Favorite Le Meridien property, worldwide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: helvetic
Other threads:
- W: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873459-best-w-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Le Méridien: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874601-favorite-le-meridien-property-worldwide.html
- St. Regis: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873977-favorite-st-regis-worldwide.html
- Luxury Collection: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874737-best-luxury-collection-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Tribute Portfolio: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874739-best-tribute-portfolio-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Four Points: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874857-best-four-points-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Westin: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874858-best-westin-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Sheraton: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874860-best-sheraton-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Design Hotels: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874863-best-design-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Aloft: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1874918-best-aloft-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Renaissance: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1963254-best-renaissance-world-what-your-favorites.html
Print Wikipost

Favorite Le Meridien property, worldwide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I'm also going to call out Le Meridien Koh Samui. It's not the world's best hotel by any means, but the more secluded pool is interesting, the entrance is unique and I love the evening lantern ritual. After my first 3-4 visits there it began to feel properly magical.
I had forgotten this property on the list that I posted earlier.

We went there a few times, also liked the lantern ritual and the taste level of the place, but like the LM Jimbaran in Bali, the hotel was built on a too small land.

The other issue was the beach and the absence of it, most of the time.

The other hotel that I had forgotten was the Le Meridien Nice. Nothing exceptional that I can remember. Certainly not my favorite.

Last edited by UASPG; Oct 31, 2017 at 10:59 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think of the LM clientele as being more mature and sophisticated than the customers that Ws attract. I think this means older and wealthier, although less so than most StR guests.
The LM brand is rather more diverse than the W - for a lot of Asia, LM brands pick up a lot of discount package tourists!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
My experience (very few locations, mostly in Thailand)

Le Meridien Bangkok
Plaza Athenee Bangkok (now The Athenee Hotel, LC)
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Le Meridien Chiang Rai
Le Meridien Koh Samui
Le Meridien Phuket
Le Meridien Khao Lak (Gone)
Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
Le Meridien Nice
Le Meridien Munich
Le Meridien San Francisco
Le Meridien Saigon

The best for me is Plaza Athenee Bangkok.
uggboy likes this.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; May 29, 2018 at 5:32 am Reason: Add new property
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Have maybe stayed at 10 Le Meridiens worldwide. My favorites are:

Le Meridien Piccadilly - Good location and wonderful service IMO, rooms slightly small but it is London.

Le Meridien Bangkok - great physical plant, and always complimentary for the service.

Le Meridien Vienna - Awesome location and rooms very modern and up to snuff for sure. Loved the complimentary mini bar!!!!!!!
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
SNIP Le Meridien Bangkok's "Hot Sex Suite" upgrade for Platinums is kinda cool, but that's about it.
Tell us more. I've stayed there ~40 times and been upgraded to a suite every time as a Platinum. But always to the regular suite. Not the one you mention.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Tell us more. I've stayed there ~40 times and been upgraded to a suite every time as a Platinum. But always to the regular suite. Not the one you mention.
I think it's just the standard Avantec suite, but it's been a couple of years since I was there. The one which allows you to pull open the doors to see the bathroom from the bed, including the dual showers...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:49 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I think it's just the standard Avantec suite, but it's been a couple of years since I was there. The one which allows you to pull open the doors to see the bathroom from the bed, including the dual showers...
I've stayed in that suite, loved it, and perhaps had some hot sex… but it didn't seem too out of the ordinary. A lovely suite for sure, but I've definitely seen more risqué suites in other hotels.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by khabah
...but it's now a Marriott, so you can relive those memories in a different guise! [It's not the same, I know... but wouldn't it be great if they just painted a few walls grey, added some pattern and rebranded it to a Le Méridien? The renovation brought it quite close to the brand's current design direction, not unlike the Sheraton Delfina to Le Méridien Delfina conversion in Santa Monica.]

You weren't alone - the first reviews on TripAdvisor and other forums pointed out a lot of egregious errors out the gate but recent reviews indicate that things are way better now. Maybe worth another try? I'm definitely giving it a shot on a planned trip to Seoul before next summer.

khabah
I've heard it's still as bad on the Korean blogs. Next summer should be okay.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
My LM experiences are all in Asia, so my views might be a little skewed... of those I have some memory of:

LM Bangkok is one of my favourite - great service and neat suite.
LM Chiang Mai perhaps need a slight touch up but I love the location.
LM Cyberport Hong Kong is great but is a little far from happenings
LM Saigon is neat, still within walking distance from the city center
LM Kuala Lumpur has good location, but not very impressive.

LM Sentosa Singapore is an odd ball, it's nothing like a LM hotel. The hotel is still struggling with "identity crisis" of sorts.

I would love to try LM Taipei, but for some reason the rates are normally quite high, which somehow will sway me to W Taipei instead.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I like the Le Meridien brand a lot and have had mostly good stays.

Favourite:
Le Meridien Dahab ... beautiful, peaceful, light-filled resort just far enough from the tackiness of Sharm el Sheikh.

Good:
Le Meridien Lav (near Split)
Le Meridien Nice great location, breakfast

Bad:
Le Meridien Cairo Airport Building nice enough but the service very... Egyptian.

RIP, much missed:
Le Meridien Cancun

Wishlist:
Le Meridien Ra near Barcelona
Le Meridien Hamburg
Le Meridien Oran Algeria - looks interesting
Le Meridien Nuremberg
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Le Meridien Bangkok - still impressed with this hotel after all these years but its a competitive hotel market in Bangkok with so many choices
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Le Meridien Nice - location, location
Le Meridien Seyahi Beach - had excellent service there
Le Meridien Pyramid - loved the view of the pyramids
Le Meridien Barcelona - upgraded to the impressive Panoramic Suite
Le Meridien Fishermans Cove Seychelles - location, location
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
My favorite thus far is Le Méridien Philadelphia. One of the best food/beverage of any LM IME. Nice rooms/suites, great lobby bar.

I also very much enjoy the Le Méridien Cambridge. A little off the beaten path, very modern and clean, great lobby bar, good room service, nice rooms/suites.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:45 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Just realized how limited our Le Meridian experiences have been

Years ago we stayed at the one in NYC in July. The room was fine but the real attraction was the pool which we really enjoyed.

Last winter we stayed in a villa at Parker Palm Springs and loved it. The grounds are gorgeous and we found the hotel relaxing.

We will be checking out the Vienna property this spring.

Last edited by damon88; May 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
LM Etiler, Istanbul

LM San Francisco for its location (for business)

I really wanted to like the brand, but I think the concept is starting to show its age.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Overall I really like the LeM concept and design aesthetic but sadly I wouldn't rank the LeM hotels I have stayed at in the top of my overall SPG experiences. (partially due to a lack in any type of upgrade at the properties I have tried)

The best of the bunch for me:
Ra Beach Spain - great property with lots of potential but I was underwhelmed by the beach
Vienna - consistently very good
Frankfurt - I'm probably in the minority that actually likes this hotel

Originally Posted by bhrubin
My favorite thus far is Le Méridien Philadelphia. One of the best food/beverage of any LM IME.
Have to agree on this for US hotels......Philadelphia has everything to be a GREAT hotel including a good location, nice rooms and a superb restaurant BUT IMHO they do not honor Platinum upgrades and I have never gotten anything better than a bigger room even thought they have suites available to book every time I have been there.

Biggest disappointment...Nice France! Shabby, dingy rooms in need of a renovation with lackluster service. The only redeeming quality of this place is the location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.