Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX

Recently booked a Bund View Room @ the RC Pudong.

Anyone have any reviews/experiences from their trips?

Cheers
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Brekfast

Any word on platinum breakfast?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:44 am

Brekfast

Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:01 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JBauer
I wouldn’t expect any breakfast benefit. Most city RC properties seem to be pretty good at following the benefits to the letter.

A few RC resort-type properties (Kyoto for example) seem to allow a full breakfast benefit despite it not being guaranteed. But I doubt that will be true here.

You might want to call (or email/fax if you can find an address that works) and get an official word. It doesn’t seem like the RC properties get a lot of play from the majority of Marriott Forum members.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:04 pm

Thanks

Agree. I read someone getting lounge breakfast last year. My ambassador is looking into it and I will post the result. But doubtful.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:55 pm

Looking at a stay in late July at this hotel, 4 nights in the Pearl Tower View Suite, about US$3600.

I was wanting to pay with points because I have a bunch. I've never paid with points before, and when I try to make a reservation and select "Use my Rewards Points" when entering my dates, it shows a Deluxe Room as my only option. Is there really no way to book the Pearl Tower View Suite with points?? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:22 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
Looking at a stay in late July at this hotel, 4 nights in the Pearl Tower View Suite, about US$3600.

I was wanting to pay with points because I have a bunch. I've never paid with points before, and when I try to make a reservation and select "Use my Rewards Points" when entering my dates, it shows a Deluxe Room as my only option. Is there really no way to book the Pearl Tower View Suite with points?? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance.
Nope, Marriott doesn’t offer many opportunities for upgraded rooms or suites unless at specific times. If they are available for point bookings, you’d see the options listed. You sometimes can pay less with cash and more with points, so you may check to make sure that isn’t an option.

Otherwise, you can book with points and ask the hotel if there is a cash upgrade they will accept.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Nope, Marriott doesn’t offer many opportunities for upgraded rooms or suites unless at specific times. If they are available for point bookings, you’d see the options listed. You sometimes can pay less with cash and more with points, so you may check to make sure that isn’t an option.

Otherwise, you can book with points and ask the hotel if there is a cash upgrade they will accept.
Ok, I'll contact the hotel about a cash upgrade. That's annoying they don't allow suite bookings on points. I collect a ton of points and never stay in a base room, so it's odd that the points I collect can't be used for a stay in a suite.

You mention that they offer award space at 'specific times' for suites. Is there a way to see a calendar from a Marriott property as to when they allow point bookings for each type of suite?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rli987123
Recently booked a Bund View Room @ the RC Pudong.

Anyone have any reviews/experiences from their trips?

Cheers
I greatly dislike Lujiazui, but Flair is the coolest bar/lounge in all of Shanghai (as long as it's not raining). The overpriced drinks are worth it.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
You mention that they offer award space at 'specific times' for suites. Is there a way to see a calendar from a Marriott property as to when they allow point bookings for each type of suite?
No. I’ve just noticed in some searches that sometimes there are suites available for points with significant cash co-pays. They almost always are not good deals, however, at least in instances I’ve thus far noticed them.

Ok, I'll contact the hotel about a cash upgrade. That's annoying they don't allow suite bookings on points. I collect a ton of points and never stay in a base room, so it's odd that the points I collect can't be used for a stay in a suite.
That’s how the ball boucnes, I’m afraid. I also enjoyed using double points to confirm at least a junior suite in the old SPG days, but Marriott—at least for the moment—has yet to incorporate that capability into its IT. Of course, considering how poor the Marriott IT switchover has been for so many, I’m sure they’ve got bigger fish to fry. Perhaps at some point, Marriott intends to allow the double points awards for entry level suites...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:37 am

I have stayed here twice for a total of nine nights in the past few months. As a platinum member I got upgrades to a Pearl Tower view room and a Bund view room. The rooms are very nice and exceptionally fancy although I thought the Bund view room was pretty oddly shaped and although it had fantastic views there was no great place to sit and appreciate the entire view due to some pillars. As a welcome amenity each time i got some fruit and a few sweets. My corporate rate included breakfast which I thought was pretty good although less extensive than some resorts in Southeast Asia. Service was generally pretty good although not my perfect. The hotel it connected to some upscale malls and metro station which is quite convenient.

If you want a fancy hotel in Lujiazui I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will likely return here for business trips but for tourism I would personally save the money and stay in a more interesting location across the river.
moondog and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:02 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

The RC PuDong still commands very high night rate. The two Hyatt hotels are right there and compete nicely. Grand Hyatt can have a much better rate sometimes.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedSun
The RC PuDong still commands very high night rate. The two Hyatt hotels are right there and compete nicely. Grand Hyatt can have a much better rate sometimes.
I agree that the PH competes nicely, but I don't think the GH is in the same league.

We loved the open air (not quite rooftop) bar the RC, but we weren't quite as taken with the more feminine style scheme. Personal taste, of course.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

There are just so many nice hotels in Shanghai that, I just do not feel any urge to get in RC or PH. Some quiet and smaller hotels have more characteristics.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedSun
There are just so many nice hotels in Shanghai that, I just do not feel any urge to get in RC or PH. Some quiet and smaller hotels have more characteristics.
Perfectly fair. But perhaps not as appropriate in this luxury property's thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.