Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, China [Master Thread]

Old Aug 28, 17, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX

Recently booked a Bund View Room @ the RC Pudong.

Anyone have any reviews/experiences from their trips?

Cheers
Old Dec 17, 18, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat100, DL Diamond, AA Executive Platinum (former CK)
Brekfast

Any word on platinum breakfast?
Old Dec 18, 18, 10:44 am

Brekfast

Old Dec 18, 18, 11:01 am
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
I wouldn’t expect any breakfast benefit. Most city RC properties seem to be pretty good at following the benefits to the letter.

A few RC resort-type properties (Kyoto for example) seem to allow a full breakfast benefit despite it not being guaranteed. But I doubt that will be true here.

You might want to call (or email/fax if you can find an address that works) and get an official word. It doesn’t seem like the RC properties get a lot of play from the majority of Marriott Forum members.
Old Dec 18, 18, 1:04 pm

Thanks

Agree. I read someone getting lounge breakfast last year. My ambassador is looking into it and I will post the result. But doubtful.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 1:55 pm

Looking at a stay in late July at this hotel, 4 nights in the Pearl Tower View Suite, about US$3600.

I was wanting to pay with points because I have a bunch. I've never paid with points before, and when I try to make a reservation and select "Use my Rewards Points" when entering my dates, it shows a Deluxe Room as my only option. Is there really no way to book the Pearl Tower View Suite with points?? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:22 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MicSanToro View Post
Looking at a stay in late July at this hotel, 4 nights in the Pearl Tower View Suite, about US$3600.

I was wanting to pay with points because I have a bunch. I've never paid with points before, and when I try to make a reservation and select "Use my Rewards Points" when entering my dates, it shows a Deluxe Room as my only option. Is there really no way to book the Pearl Tower View Suite with points?? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance.
Nope, Marriott doesn’t offer many opportunities for upgraded rooms or suites unless at specific times. If they are available for point bookings, you’d see the options listed. You sometimes can pay less with cash and more with points, so you may check to make sure that isn’t an option.

Otherwise, you can book with points and ask the hotel if there is a cash upgrade they will accept.
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

Nope, Marriott doesn’t offer many opportunities for upgraded rooms or suites unless at specific times. If they are available for point bookings, you’d see the options listed. You sometimes can pay less with cash and more with points, so you may check to make sure that isn’t an option.

Otherwise, you can book with points and ask the hotel if there is a cash upgrade they will accept.
Ok, I'll contact the hotel about a cash upgrade. That's annoying they don't allow suite bookings on points. I collect a ton of points and never stay in a base room, so it's odd that the points I collect can't be used for a stay in a suite.

You mention that they offer award space at 'specific times' for suites. Is there a way to see a calendar from a Marriott property as to when they allow point bookings for each type of suite?
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rli987123 View Post
Recently booked a Bund View Room @ the RC Pudong.

Anyone have any reviews/experiences from their trips?

Cheers
I greatly dislike Lujiazui, but Flair is the coolest bar/lounge in all of Shanghai (as long as it's not raining). The overpriced drinks are worth it.
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:31 am
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MicSanToro View Post
You mention that they offer award space at 'specific times' for suites. Is there a way to see a calendar from a Marriott property as to when they allow point bookings for each type of suite?
No. I’ve just noticed in some searches that sometimes there are suites available for points with significant cash co-pays. They almost always are not good deals, however, at least in instances I’ve thus far noticed them.

Ok, I'll contact the hotel about a cash upgrade. That's annoying they don't allow suite bookings on points. I collect a ton of points and never stay in a base room, so it's odd that the points I collect can't be used for a stay in a suite.
That’s how the ball boucnes, I’m afraid. I also enjoyed using double points to confirm at least a junior suite in the old SPG days, but Marriott—at least for the moment—has yet to incorporate that capability into its IT. Of course, considering how poor the Marriott IT switchover has been for so many, I’m sure they’ve got bigger fish to fry. Perhaps at some point, Marriott intends to allow the double points awards for entry level suites...