FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, China [Master Thread]
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:31 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MicSanToro
You mention that they offer award space at 'specific times' for suites. Is there a way to see a calendar from a Marriott property as to when they allow point bookings for each type of suite?
No. I’ve just noticed in some searches that sometimes there are suites available for points with significant cash co-pays. They almost always are not good deals, however, at least in instances I’ve thus far noticed them.

Ok, I'll contact the hotel about a cash upgrade. That's annoying they don't allow suite bookings on points. I collect a ton of points and never stay in a base room, so it's odd that the points I collect can't be used for a stay in a suite.
That’s how the ball boucnes, I’m afraid. I also enjoyed using double points to confirm at least a junior suite in the old SPG days, but Marriott—at least for the moment—has yet to incorporate that capability into its IT. Of course, considering how poor the Marriott IT switchover has been for so many, I’m sure they’ve got bigger fish to fry. Perhaps at some point, Marriott intends to allow the double points awards for entry level suites...