Delta Hotels Indianapolis East

Opening June '17. Cat 5.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...anapolis-east/

Cheers.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
It's a reflagging of the The Florence Garden Hotel to the Delta Hotels brand

It's one of three adjacent hotels that form the Indianapolis Conference Center. The other two are the Indianapolis Marriott East and the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis East. There are other lower-end hotels on either side of these three.

This hotel complex is around 10 miles east of downtown Indy.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:14 am

Had three night paid stay this past week, Platinum. I am not sure exactly what niche the Deltas fall into. Marriott lists it as a 'premium' brand, much the same a FS Marriott.

I had a choice of the Marriott Indy East or the Delta. I've stayed at the former many times and I 'heard' the Delta, next door, was new, but had never actually seen it before (and I did not research - 'I'll try something different').

As Horace noted, it is basically a reflagged and renovated old property. It reminded me of an old motel with interior corridors as it is only two floors. If you dropped me through the ceiling into the room, I'd say I was in a new room. Hardware was fairly good, room decor was bright, and mostly importantly the room was clean. Unfortunately, the renovation did not include renovation and/or realignment of the door to the room. There was a 3/4" gap along the bottom of the door and a 1/2" gap on the lower vertical edge of the door. When guests were outside, the noise was quite apparently. Fortunately, no noise woke me up.

Late flight so very early morning check-in. At first the FDA could not find my reservation and then I heard a voice from the back telling her my keycard was on the lefthand side of her counter. I asked about Platinum benefits and she told me that she didn't know to what I was referring to and I needed to check back in the morning. She did advise continental breakfast was 0630-1000.

The most minimal continental breakfast I have ever experienced, even during COVID, was present. And breakfast was for all guests. I find that interesting because both Delta and the FS Marriott next door are 'premium' brands, room rates were similar, but the FS Marriott next door serves a 'cook to order' breakfast in lieu of the lounge.

Finally, while the staff was friendly, I'll also state that there was some 'unprofessionalism' occurring. I assume that much of the staff may be new and are still learning. I'll leave it at that.

Bottom line, this particular Delta may as well have been a FI, although FI's have better breakfasts!

Last edited by lamphs; Apr 30, 2022 at 7:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.