FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1837466-ritz-carlton-koh-samui-thailand-master-thread.html)

skywalkerLAX Nov 19, 2020 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr (Post 32672109)
Sitting on ฿180,000.00 of vouchers for this RC, only valid till end of 2020... anyone know how flexible RC would be? Unlikely we are allowed to travel to Thailand from EU soon. Otherwise, make a good offer and the voucher are yours ;-)

What kinda vouchers are these? And why would you buy 180k worth of them??

Marriott is currently selling vouchers for their Thailand properties with a 70% bonus and the RC sells their own with 50% Bonus. Hopefully you didn't overpay for those.

I'd contact Maria the GM and ask her if they can be extended.

FWIW you can travel from EU to Thailand now as Tourists Visas are available again but you need to comply with entry requirements including the two week quarantine.

skywalkerLAX Nov 19, 2020 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Bobdh13 (Post 32829814)
Has anyone been here recently? How busy is it? Hows the breakfast and the facilities now? Thanks!

Sometime busy on weekends, dead during the week. Facilities are fine, breakfast has improved a bit.

Nik_Jr Nov 20, 2020 3:53 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32829849)
What kinda vouchers are these? And why would you buy 180k worth of them??

Marriott is currently selling vouchers for their Thailand properties with a 70% bonus and the RC sells their own with 50% Bonus. Hopefully you didn't overpay for those.

I'd contact Maria the GM and ask her if they can be extended.

FWIW you can travel from EU to Thailand now as Tourists Visas are available again but you need to comply with entry requirements including the two week quarantine.

Indeed had a very good deal to buy vouchers. I believe 50% discount as well (so that is the "why"), forgot the vendor who sold them.
Contacted the hotel, and all flexible: hope we can come, without 2 weeks quarantine, early 2021.

skywalkerLAX Nov 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr (Post 32832182)
Indeed had a very good deal to buy vouchers. I believe 50% discount as well (so that is the "why"), forgot the vendor who sold them.
Contacted the hotel, and all flexible: hope we can come, without 2 weeks quarantine, early 2021.

Great! With 180k I hope you bring a full month worth of holiday because that's how long it'll last you.

Arrival without quarantine isn't going to happen here anytime soon. At least not in the first half of 2021.

Bobdh13 Dec 12, 2020 8:00 pm

Has anyone else had problems combining the 30% discount on F&B with these 50% Megatix bonus? Hotel seems to say we can’t use them together!

UAuhoh Dec 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bobdh13 (Post 32881989)
Has anyone else had problems combining the 30% discount on F&B with these 50% Megatix bonus? Hotel seems to say we can’t use them together!

I can confirm that they cannot be combined and that you will not receive the 30% F&B discount if you are paying for your stay using Megatix vouchers.

svo242 Jan 6, 2021 10:40 pm

Anyone have any guesses/insight into whether borders may open up here by May?

skywalkerLAX Jan 6, 2021 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by svo242 (Post 32946297)
Anyone have any guesses/insight into whether borders may open up here by May?

The borders are open now with appropriate COE and quarantine. If you're referring to non-quarantine visa waiver entry then no, that's not going to happen.

And before any follow up comment appears: Even with a vaccine nobody will be let in without quarantine.

svo242 Jan 6, 2021 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32946311)
The borders are open now with appropriate COE and quarantine. If you're referring to non-quarantine visa waiver entry then no, that's not going to happen.

And before any follow up comment appears: Even with a vaccine nobody will be let in without quarantine.

Thanks for the insight! (trying to help my sister plan her honeymoon...)

skywalkerLAX Jan 7, 2021 3:24 am

Originally Posted by svo242 (Post 32946356)
Thanks for the insight! (trying to help my sister plan her honeymoon...)

Suggest her to change to the Maldives. Thailand won't be a viable option anytime soon.

sammyindc Jan 12, 2021 3:36 pm

Was looking at going back to the Ritz Koh Samui in April 2021 as well but now also looking at the St Regis Maldives as an "alternative" unless Indonesia/Bali opens up to foreigners.

brokenwindow Dec 4, 2021 1:39 pm

Looking at booking a stay here in Aug 2022. There's a rate that seems like excellent value -- what's the catch?

The Tropical Getaway

• Breakfast daily
  • Dinner for 2 guests per night
  • WiFi
  • Two 50 min spa treatment per night at Spa Village
  • Prepay in full
  • Non-refundable
  • See Rate details
1 week stay is 88K THB, with basically half board and daily spa treatments..

Kacee Dec 4, 2021 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow (Post 33784112)
There's a rate that seems like excellent value -- what's the catch?

Prepay nonrefundable. They get to hold your cash for nearly a year.

I would suggest getting travel insurance if booking this type of rate.

Xiaotung Dec 19, 2021 3:10 am

Just checked in for a 2 night stay here. Rates were 9400 baht per night including breakfast, 3999 baht resort credit per night and double points. Only upgraded to the next category. No villa upgrades despite the property running in a single digit occupancy rate. That's Ritz-Carlton for you but can't really complain with that rate.

Xiaotung Dec 19, 2021 3:54 am

Duplicated.