Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Washington Georgetown Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goodeats21
***Property now charging a $25 PER NIGHT "Daily Destination Fee"

Category 5 Hotel (not Cat. 7 as listed in the first post)

M-Club on 1st floor, evening hors d'oeuvres service Sun-Th only

Despite its name, the property is not actually in Georgetown but about a 20 minute walk from it. It's closer to DuPont Circle - Neighborhood for hotel is known as "West End".

Property Details: 9 floors, 462 rooms, 8 suites
Print Wikipost

Washington Georgetown Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by seawolf
WiFi speed

Water temperature barely acceptable for a hot shower

Lounge hours:
Beverage/Snack - 24 hours
Breakfast: M-F 06:30 to 10:30 / Sat-Sun 07:30 to 11
Appetizer Sun-Thurs 17:30 to 19:30
Alcoholic beverages available for purchase - Daily 1100 to 2300
The evening food is always enough for a good meal replacement. Every time I have stayed, there has been a salad bar option.

Alcohol prices are absurd.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seawolf
WiFi speed

Water temperature barely acceptable for a hot shower

Lounge hours:
Beverage/Snack - 24 hours
Breakfast: M-F 06:30 to 10:30 / Sat-Sun 07:30 to 11
Appetizer Sun-Thurs 17:30 to 19:30
Alcoholic beverages available for purchase - Daily 1100 to 2300
I’m also here currently. Shower gets plenty hot in our room.

Regarding upgrades, we have 3 rooms. Plat and gold got nothing, parents (no status) have a nice big room with a seating area (on a senior rate).

bawm
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I've asked and been upgraded to the large king and large double rooms. They really don't have many suites. Before renovation, I think they had one real suite and then several hospitality suites with Murphy-style fold-down beds. The larger rooms with the alcove are nice.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Alcohol prices are absurd.
Same prices as the bar in the lobby, so I assume they just allow you to consume in the lounge with snacks. Other than that, the lounge is great, especially the staff.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by voweffekt
Same prices as the bar in the lobby, so I assume they just allow you to consume in the lounge with snacks. Other than that, the lounge is great, especially the staff.
I agree about the staff. The ladies are great. When I was there in December, there was less expensive wine in the lobby bar. The wine prices are very high. I told the manager they should offer a discount in the lounge or do a complimentary wine tasting. Something. I'd rather just buy a bottle in the lobby bar or better yet buy a bottle at the attached Walgreen's and take back to my room.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
[QUOTE=hockeyinsider;29321940...I'd rather just buy a bottle in the lobby bar or better yet buy a bottle at the attached Walgreen's and take back to my room.[/QUOTE]
+1 to the Walgreens idea!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by voweffekt
+1 to the Walgreens idea!
The Walgreen's doesn't sell wine. Been in this hotel now for about 2 years straight. There is a liquor store up near 22nd and P Streets. Good Prices. Have any questions about this hotel, IM me
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
The Walgreen's doesn't sell wine. Been in this hotel now for about 2 years straight. There is a liquor store up near 22nd and P Streets. Good Prices. Have any questions about this hotel, IM me
You've stayed in the hotel for two years consecutively?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:57 am

Nice day in D.C.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You've stayed in the hotel for two years consecutively?
I am typing this from the G'Town Marriott, Nth floor, corner room looking at M and 22nd right now.
Yeah, just about every week, started this hotel in Jan 2016. I've been here before Jan 2016 but mostly this one specifically since then.
I did have to stay at he JW a few times and the Key Bridge as well in that time frame.
Stayed at Ren Dupont Circle for 16 months (sort of across the street). JW on and off about 1 yr. Key Bridge about 20 times. Marriott Marquis about 30 times.
Been based out of D.C. hotels since about Dec 2009. Give or take a break now and then.

FYI, I do go home most weekends.

Last edited by ZZYZXROAD; Jan 26, 2018 at 8:09 am
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:41 am
Suspended

Nice day in D.C.

I am typing this from the G'Town Marriott, Nth floor, corner room looking at M and 22nd right now.
Yeah, just about every week, started this hotel in Jan 2016. I've been here before Jan 2016 but mostly this one specifically since then.
I did have to stay at he JW a few times and the Key Bridge as well in that time frame.
Stayed at Ren Dupont Circle for 16 months (sort of across the street). JW on and off about 1 yr. Key Bridge about 20 times. Marriott Marquis about 30 times.
Been based out of D.C. hotels since about Dec 2009. Give or take a break now and then.

FYI, I do go home most weekends.
Do you check out of the room? Do they store your stuff or give you any extras? I know someone who lived 7 days a week in the Georgetown Marriott for three months in late 2016 and early 2017, but the most they gave him was a microwave and bigger mini-fridge in his room. He didn't even get a complimentary glass of wine every now and again for three straight months of business.

The Key Bridge Marriott rates are low enough that one could live in the hotel for less than renting an apartment in D.C., at least when you consider what furniture, lawn maintenance, rent, food, TV and internet subscriptions, and so forth would cost every month. By my back of the envelope math, it would be about $250-300 cheaper per month.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Thanks for posting the pic. I lived at 22nd and N back in 1984 and 18th and P for two years after that. It looks so different now. Even the Marriott is different. The entry drive used to be bigger and there was a small patch of grass. They seem to have extended the interior entry room when the exterior was redone. While the Marriott was there, almost none of the other buildings had been constructed. There were a few row homes. The west side of 22nd over to Rock Creek Park was abandoned garages. US News move into that area in the early eighties, but it was five or six more years before there was any other construction.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:56 am

The West End has changed a lot since 2009 for me. I cannot imagine from the 80's. So much construction. The only view here is the corner view which I posted.

When I go home on I take my luggage with me and check out. Nothing complimentary but the fantastic lounge staff and updated food choices make up for it. I know the whole staff and they know me. I am usually a low key traveler and don't bother anyone or whine.

FYI, if you get a room here, even number rooms have street noise, usually, and could be an issue if you are a light sleeper. Odd number rooms face inside and are real quiet with ZERO view.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist

I see you!

I currently live at 22nd and N, the terrace with the lights on it. ZZYZXROAD Let me know if you ever want to grab a drink one night.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:40 am

I fly home this evening (west coast) and fly back Sunday night. Short weekend home. Yeah, a drink, maybe. I'll IM you if I am not too busy next week.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The West End has changed a lot since 2009 for me. I cannot imagine from the 80's.
Perhaps one of the more notable changes is back in the eighties it wasn't called West End. Usage of that name didn't start until the garages were demolished and the fancy buildings were built. West of Rock Creek was Georgetown and east was Dupont Circle to the north and the GWU/Foggy Bottom area to the south. I remember at one point while demolishing some of the buildings they discovered asbestos was in one of them. The area was off limits for several days while workers in complete coveralls cleaned up the toxic mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.