Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
I'm amazed at the rates of these hotels during COVID, as a true Marriott loyalist, it will be my first time that I will have to try another chain. I can't seem to justify $280 per night at the Marriott properties vs. the 35% Canadian resident rate by Sandman hotel Victoria (a suite with kitchnette) for $150 per night. Yes I will most likely not receive my early check-in and late check-out but the lounge and other amenities are most likely closed due to COVID.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Does the Delta upgrade Bonvoy P/T/A Elites to the suites? Like Melodsal, noticed that SNAs are only good for deluxe water view rooms, which I have gotten as upgrades in the past without using SNAs.

Are lounges currently closed at both the Delta and Marriott? Are they offering anything in terms of breakfast for Bonvoy P/T/A Elites?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 11:46 pm

I stayed at the Delta in mid July and the lounge was closed and nothing was offered in lieu of closure.

It was a points reso, no upgrade but corner room facing the water.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by flyincoll
I stayed at the Delta in mid July and the lounge was closed and nothing was offered in lieu of closure.

It was a points reso, no upgrade but corner room facing the water.
To confirm, you have status that would normally entitle you to lounge access or breakfast, and the Delta wasn't offering breakfast in lieu of lounge access?

Anyone have any recent experience at the Marriott Inner Harbour on whether they offer breakfast for Platinum/Titanium members now?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Are lounges currently closed at both the Delta and Marriott? Are they offering anything in terms of breakfast for Bonvoy P/T/A Elites?
Originally Posted by gcashin
Anyone have any recent experience at the Marriott Inner Harbour on whether they offer breakfast for Platinum/Titanium members now?
Answering my own question re: the lounge/breakfast situation, as I was considering a stay at the Marriott. I called the hotel to check and they advised that the club lounge is currently closed. The restaurant at the Marriott is closed as well, so they don't have an alternative breakfast venue. They didn't have a reopening date for either the restaurant or the club lounge. Apparently the only outlet open with food is the small sundry shop that has packaged items like snacks. Definitely not sounding attractive to pay fairly typical rates (>$200) when they don't even have a restaurant open for breakfast.

I wasn't too surprised to find out the club lounge was closed, but definitely surprised to hear they don't even have a restaurant open for breakfast, as it seems like most full service hotels in Victoria have at least opened one food outlet.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
What's the deal with those Delta grab and go areas for self-serve snacks, etc? If that's the new brand standard would properties that have more (i.e. full service lounge) remodel to that effect?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I was at the Delta in early August, the lounge was closed but we were vouchered for their restaurant, Lure, for breakfast.

I've received an upgrade on all my stays this year to water views and their larger end rooms.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:54 pm

To confirm, you have status that would normally entitle you to lounge access or breakfast, and the Delta wasn't offering breakfast in lieu of lounge access?

Yes, Titanium. Grab & Go was closed also but the restaurant was open.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Answering my own question re: the lounge/breakfast situation, as I was considering a stay at the Marriott. I called the hotel to check and they advised that the club lounge is currently closed. The restaurant at the Marriott is closed as well, so they don't have an alternative breakfast venue. They didn't have a reopening date for either the restaurant or the club lounge. Apparently the only outlet open with food is the small sundry shop that has packaged items like snacks. Definitely not sounding attractive to pay fairly typical rates (>$200) when they don't even have a restaurant open for breakfast.

I wasn't too surprised to find out the club lounge was closed, but definitely surprised to hear they don't even have a restaurant open for breakfast, as it seems like most full service hotels in Victoria have at least opened one food outlet.
Thanks for calling and getting the answer! It seems like the Delta is the better option right now if breakfast is important. Too bad it is on the other side and stingy with the room upgrades.
gcashin likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:21 pm

Just as a quick update on the food offerings at the Marriott Victoria, their restaurant has finally reopened as of this week. The club lounge is still closed, but they are providing breakfast in the restaurant for eligible members. The All Canadian breakfast is included with the breakfast voucher, or if you'd like something different from the menu, you just need to pay for the drinks.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
I stayed at the Delta and was treated spectacularly. As a Platinum Elite, I had an upgraded room with a beautiful view of the harbour. In addition, there was on-demand shuttle service to take me anywhere I needed to go in the downtown area. The shuttle also picked me up from downtown within 10 minutes of my call.

I would highly recommend this hotel.
yyzflyer and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:53 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Just as a quick update on the food offerings at the Marriott Victoria, their restaurant has finally reopened as of this week. The club lounge is still closed, but they are providing breakfast in the restaurant for eligible members. The All Canadian breakfast is included with the breakfast voucher, or if you'd like something different from the menu, you just need to pay for the drinks.
I completed a stay here (Sept 8, 2020) at the Marriott Victoria for a change of pace off my usual Westin Bear Mountain. They are still offering the full $21 breakfast (with coffee and juice) in the lobby restaurant as an alternative for the M Lounge being closed for elite members. This was in addition to the Titanium welcome bonus of 1,000 points.

The rooms need a refresh from the yellows and reds and it looks like they are starting this. The parking garage is full of furniture boxes and they have blocked off the P2 level, presumably for staging.
jbjelloid likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:02 am

Good to know.........as it doesn't look like things are going to change here in the near future I am looking at a domestic winter vacation. It has to be in British Columbia as I want at least a little mild temperatures and some green! Going to be a weird year that is for sure - Looking at Victoria at either of these two hotels or Westin Bear Mountain. Maybe get some golf in? BAH! Travel depressed.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I just had a great 3 night stay at the Delta. I don’t have much to add to the previous reviews except the breakfast menu at the Lure restaurant. (We were also allowed to order cappuccinos.)

I also posted some breakfast pics here. See # 703.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...d-19-a-47.html
Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
The rooms need a refresh from the yellows and reds and it looks like they are starting this. The parking garage is full of furniture boxes and they have blocked off the P2 level, presumably for staging.
I messaged the hotel through FB (they are super responsive, BTW) to ask about room renovations. They confirmed that all of the public areas have been completed, they are starting work on the rooms in the next couple months, and expect to finished by summer.

I was deciding between the Delta and Marriott like everyone else for a weekend in July. Hoping travel restrictions are lifted and the Seattle-Victoria ferry is running by then (ferry currently scheduled to resume the last weekend of April) Chose the Marriott based on expected renovation and slightly better location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.