Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by yscleo
Wow, $43/d car rental. That's great rate.
Considering discounted rates in Calgary are running close to $100/day, I'd agree!
Old May 1, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Delta Ocean Pointe Resort Victoria

We typically pick the Empress Hotel when visiting Victoria, which is always a delightful easy hop when visiting Seattle, (or Port Angeles), or Vancouver BC. This time we noticed a unique room available at Delta Ocean Pointe Resort which is described as a King water view with large balcony. This piqued our interest and opted to try it out. In this trip we took our car on a ferry from Vancouver BC one way, and opted for a ferry to Port Angeles on the return.

It was a quiet day when we arrived, and we immediately opted to park our car at an attached underground garage which is very convenient and easy. Unfortunately, even though several wall outlets are available, none of them were turned on for us to plug in our car. (There’s several chargers in nearby Chinatown so this was not an issue). First impressions of the hotel exterior is just okay. The design immediately reminds me of a castle, not necessarily garish, but not particularly inviting either. There were no bellhops that we noticed but we made our way to the check in desk easily where they welcomed us with access to the club lounge at 3rd floor and welcome points. The room we booked is the only one I believe with this particular set up, although it doesn’t include access to club lounge so I’d consider that as the upgrade.

This particular room in the 7th floor is actually fully renovated (which was a surprised as the photo used in the website isn’t) and it opened into a hallway, with a king bed and a sitting area overlooking the beautiful harbour. The room still smelled of fresh paint, with updated floors, and a much modern, bright design. Still, where the room shines is through the double glass doors that lead to a huge balcony with outdoor sofa, and a four chair dining round table. The balcony is covered, and easily bigger than the actual bed room. Needless to say, the view is spectacular and hanging out here all day was the highlight of our trip.

The club lounge which is accessible for Platinums and higher is okay. At least better than the M club offered at the Marriott across the water. The lounge is a good size with modern design and decent offerings. The appetizers selection could be substantial for some and the breakfast is okay. No alcoholic beverages are complimentary, but one could order via the lounge attendant.

There’s a small pool and fitness center on this resort. Location is a good alternative to the Empress’ as the view is definitely expansive and breathtaking. We did have a small bite to eat at the in house restaurant Lure, which is convenient, but given the plenty of nearby good restaurants, would not be a first choice other than for the view and easy access.

The particular room with huge balcony could be seen here next to the hotel’s sign affording spectacular views.

Overlooking Victoria Harbour

New floors

Sitting area

Bright new design

Huge balcony

Who needs the bedroom!

Blankets are provided for lounging

View at night

Highlight of the room

Club lounge

View of the Coho ferry from Port Angeles

Last edited by jef7; May 1, 2023 at 11:07 am
Old May 1, 2023, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I went to that hotel many times during Covid (when we couldn't leave the country). The night view from that hotel is truly spectacular!

I've never seen that lounge (closed when I was there). Hopefully I'll get to return someday.
yyzflyer and jef7 like this.
Old May 16, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Anyone ever stay at the Four Points just outside Victoria?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Has anyone been to both the Marriott and Delta lounges? How do they compare? I've stayed at both properties but all lounges were closed during Covid.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Had a two night stay at the Delta recently. Booked two rooms: a base 2 queen, and a 1-bedroom suite (non-view). 3 days before arrival, the hotel called me to ask whether I would like to be upgraded to the Presidential Suite. I said yes. They then upgraded the 2 queen to the room next to it (i.e. to a view room).

The suite was beautiful, easily 25-foot vaulted ceiling with floor to ceiling windows. The bedroom was lofted upstairs. (That's the only downside, so it's good they called: the bedroom is not technically separate, though this was enough separation for our needs... crib went downstairs by the kitchen). Also, they were only able to extend late check out on the queen room to 4pm. For the suite they pushed 11am to 12:30 and offered a regular room if we needed longer but we didn't.

Everyone at the hotel was incredibly friendly. The bell/valet guy was super on top of it. And the lounge attendant even applied happy hour pricing when I ordered a beer to have in there with the snacks (CAD 6.50 for a 20-ounce IPA). Easy walk to the Empress for tea, easy to pull the car out to drive for dinner. Location seemed great.

100% would stay again. I didn't take many pictures but here's one of the living area from the kitchen:

dgreen12, yyzflyer, lamphs and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.