FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:35 pm
Jebby_ca

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by gcashin
Answering my own question re: the lounge/breakfast situation, as I was considering a stay at the Marriott. I called the hotel to check and they advised that the club lounge is currently closed. The restaurant at the Marriott is closed as well, so they don't have an alternative breakfast venue. They didn't have a reopening date for either the restaurant or the club lounge. Apparently the only outlet open with food is the small sundry shop that has packaged items like snacks. Definitely not sounding attractive to pay fairly typical rates (>$200) when they don't even have a restaurant open for breakfast.

I wasn't too surprised to find out the club lounge was closed, but definitely surprised to hear they don't even have a restaurant open for breakfast, as it seems like most full service hotels in Victoria have at least opened one food outlet.
Thanks for calling and getting the answer! It seems like the Delta is the better option right now if breakfast is important. Too bad it is on the other side and stingy with the room upgrades.