Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Seoul Westin Chosun or Sheraton D-Cube

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul Westin Chosun or Sheraton D-Cube

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHLTP
D Cube flat out refused my kid. I was not hapoy because of this and will not stay there again.

Westin said no but said they could make accomodation for me.

Even for breakfast or just evening drinks?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Evening. Many clubs will allow kids in for say first 30 mins but not remainder which I can understand. They would not let me bring him up for a glass if milk before sleep (after alcohol and happy hour over) .

But there was a fairly early time frame they wouldn't allow kids in and I felt I was treated flippantly for saying they should make alternative arrangements/ accomodation.

Some people migjt like no kids. I don't. Aside from that hotel nice and breakfast great
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Evening. Many clubs will allow kids in for say first 30 mins but not remainder which I can understand. They would not let me bring him up for a glass if milk before sleep (after alcohol and happy hour over) .

But there was a fairly early time frame they wouldn't allow kids in and I felt I was treated flippantly for saying they should make alternative arrangements/ accomodation.

Some people migjt like no kids. I don't. Aside from that hotel nice and breakfast great
That's too bad. I feel bad that would let your son in for a milk!
I have mixed feelings about clubs with kids. On one hand, there are many hotels, esp resort destinations, where the clubs are overrun with kids and the hotels are powerless to do anything. So I def understand why they want to keep kids out, esp at city/business destinations, where the selling point is a quite oasis from the lobby.
Some flexibility on the hotel's part could be helpful. So many a rule of no kids during certain hours, but offer/surprises families with little extras like a milk before bed!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kuki
Are D Cube or Choson allowing children to access to club lounge?
When I last stayed at the Westin Chosun, young kids weren't allowed in the lounge at breakfast or, in fact, at any time. Older kids were banished during the evening happy hour periods (and maybe through the remainder of the evening). Families with kids too young for the lounge breakfast were instead given vouchers for the big buffet breakfast in the Italian restaurant downstairs, which many folks would view as a superior breakfast.

If occupancy is extremely high and the upstairs lounge breakfast is expected to be packed, the hotel has at times opened a breakfast option on the lobby level, in what seems to normally be a function room facing the historical stuff but might have been renovated to be part of a restaurant or vv, for people with lounge access who choose the alternative. IIRC this place also banned small kids one time but another time didn't seem to be imposing the restriction. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.