Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Aberdeen Airport UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://news.marriott.com/2016/12/mox...deen-uk-debut/

"Moxy Hotels, Marriott International’s bold experiential hotel brand, has debuted in the UK with the launch of Moxy Aberdeen Airport. Offering a spirited and stylish hotel experience at a surprisingly affordable price, the forward thinking brand offers a fresh take on traditional hospitality with playful communal spaces and inventive programming. Moxy Aberdeen is the first in a strong pipeline of planned openings in the UK including London Excel, London Stratford and London Heathrow.

Special opening rates at the new Moxy Aberdeen begin at £59. Category 4.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...5-54ba596febe2

"Located between the Scottish mountains and the cliffs along the North sea shores, the Moxy Aberdeen Airport is situated just 5 minutes from Aberdeen International Airport. #ATTHEMOXY offers its own version of creative expression. Moxy is a budget hotel with the soul of a boutique hotel. Marrying smart service and technology with contemporary style, Moxy is do-it-yourself made easy. Our DIY facilities include meeting areas with 56-inch displays, snacks & drinks available 24/7, free use of our computers, a bar with local spirit, furiously-fast Wi-Fi – free all over the place!"

3 room types - largest is the family room, which is basically a queen w/ a sleeper. 364sqft vs. the other 2 rooms at 182sqft.

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I had the "pleasure" of staying here last night on a bit of a mattress run as the price was dirt cheap and the summer promo meant it included breakfast.

On first impressions its definitely hip and trendy and very different from the other Marriott hotels in Aberdeen (and ones I have ever stayed in before), including the Courtyard next door. Even better, I managed to get a parking space very easily too - £5 for overnight guests. There was only 1 member of staff on duty when I checked in (albeit not until after 9) and he was doubling up as barman as well as receptionist. Likewise in the morning, it was were only a couple of staff members on doing everything.

Although in theory you could get 2 folk in the room, it felt more like its set up for single occupancy. The room was comfortable but very basic - a queen bed (but only 2 pillows) which was very comfy to sleep in but only 1 decent chair (very comfortable I have to say) and a pouffe/stool type seat. There is no real desk/table or beside tables as such, just bits of glass that stick out of the wall next to the bed and another one beside the TV where the pouffe/stool which given their size, its good there are no bibles/a phone in the room either! Also missing is a wardrobe - there is a couple of hooks coming out of the wall, one which held the hairdryer and the other 3 hangers. I think this wins the award though for the smallest bathroom I have ever used - no wonder the door opens outwards! You could literally take 1 step from being sat on the toilet to being in the shower, its that compact! I did though like that there were plenty of plugs in the room (and it had a European one too) with plenty of USB sockets so you could charge your devices without the need of a plug. If you wish to iron anything, there is a cupboard (didn't go in, so it might be more than that but didn't look big from the outside) where you head to that was beside the lifts as there isn't anything in the room.

I was glad I had breakfast included in the rate as it wasn't worth the £12 for the continental breakfast they were charging (especially as its only £10 for a full buffet next door at the Courtyard! or £6 from Dyce Farm that is across the car park). Nothing is served at all to you, its all self-service and the food seemed all over the place too, so much so that initially I didn't think there was toast available at all as I couldn't spot it. The bowls and plates are very small... which kinda fits in well as other than cereal there isn't really a lot of choice. I did love the choices of cereals - probably the most I have ever seen at a Marriott hotel, I had the sugar puffs which I haven't had for years! Once I did find where the toast was, the bread was simply lying out, not protected at all from the air therefore it was already somewhat hard before I put it in the toaster. The coffee out of the machine was decent though, I think if you wanted anything other than the machine made coffee you'd have to pay for it.

If you want basic, along the lines of a Premier Inn/Travelodge, then this is the place to stay. It is close to ABZ but still a good 10-15 minute walk away and you aren't allowed to take the luggage carts that were in the lobby to the airport!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.