Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Papaya Playa Project, Tulum, Mexico, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Papaya Playa Project, Tulum, Mexico, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Are you asserting you found all of those things on a recent stay?

Tropical locales have bug issues. Beg bugs and rodents are never acceptable.
Not my personal experiences, as I noted in my post those are some of the comments on Trip Advisor. I am seeking reviews from Flyertalkers on this property though if anyone has any.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I'd be interested if anyone had an update on this property. The price seems very high considering the tripadvisor reviews and pictures. For a decent room I could book one of the better all inclusives, even though that is not my preference.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Tulum and the All Inclusives of Cancun and PDC are very different experiences. You go to Tulum to get disconnected and live in the rustic jungle and have relatively few people around versus the resort factories up North.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Any recent stays/updates? Cat 6.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"Papaya Playa Project is a creative haven nestled on the coast of the Mayan Riviera, adjacent to sparkling waters and the only Mayan ruins on the sea. Sustainability prevails here and guests will luxuriate in rustic simplicity in modest yet comfortable beachside bungalows. The Papaya Playa Project exudes healthy creativity-from organic, locally sourced meals served on the terrace of the beach club to cocktail and jam sessions at the resort's creative pop-up Tribal Room. "

Pics look really great:

Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Going in April

Just curious if anyone has been in last few years. Thinking of going with kids in April.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
We had plans to stay a couple of years ago, but ended up passing. It was partly due to the bad TA reviews and partly the fact that we were scheduled to be there for the full moon. They do a monthly full moon festival, but after doing more research, it didn't sound like our cup of tea. Not sure if this is still the case, but it was basically a giant DJ-fueled party that went until something like 4am. Our daughter was probably 5 at the time and we were traveling with my parents so the all night party was kind of a deal breaker. To be honest, it might have been even if the family had all stayed at home and I had a duffel bag full of ecstasy and glow sticks. I realize I don't have personal experience to report on the place, but the full moon thing is probably something worth looking into for anyone considering a stay there.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:14 pm

I was here last year and it was an absolute nightmare. Very unprofessional staff who just didnt care. Its very badly managed. Even being an ambassador Elite, it was appalling
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:28 pm

Oof sounds brutal. Can you share some of your experience? Im looking at a 2023 stay but may just reconsider now. Cheers.

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
I was here last year and it was an absolute nightmare. Very unprofessional staff who just didnt care. Its very badly managed. Even being an ambassador Elite, it was appalling
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Its a global top 5 hotel for Instagram influencers. Id be shocked if it was in any way liveable.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm curious if there's been any recent experiences with this property? I'm considering a visit next month. There's reward nights available at 40000 points per night, which is a nice value compared to cash rates. Is the property really as bad as the comments suggest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.