Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels with top-notch restaurants on site ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
CHINA:
Hong Kong
* Tin Lung Heen, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong: 2 Michelin Stars
* L'Envol, St Regis, Hong Kong: 2 Michelin Stars
* Tosca Di Angelo, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong: 1 Michelin Star
* Man Ho Restaurant, JW Marriott Hong Kong, Hong Kong: 1 Michelin Star

Macau
* Lai Heen, The Ritz-Carlton, Macau: 1 Michelin Star
Shanghai
* Jin Xuan, The Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai: 1 Michelin Star

FRANCE:
Paris:
Prince de Galles Paris' La Scene has a Michelin star.

FRENCH POLYNESIA:
StR Bora Bora's Lagoon by Jean Georges, where we enjoyed our 2 finest meals in Tahiti by a long mile...and also enjoyed watching boatloads of people coming over from the FS Bora Bora to dine!

GERMANY:
GREECE:

Hotel Bretagne Athens' GB Roof Garden, where we enjoyed several wonderful meals, is one of the best in Athens and close to Michelin level.

INDIA:
  • Bukhara @ ITC Maurya, New Delhi is iconic and is often featured in Asia top restaurant lists.
  • ITC Maura New Delhi's Dum-Pukht is one of India's best and had been in the Asia top 50.
  • ITC Maratha Mumbai's Peshawri is a top Mumbai restaurant and one of India's best.
  • ITC Mughal Agra's Peshawri is one of Agra's and of India's best restaurants.

*A couple of restaurants in India that aren't Michelin-starred yet, but have chefs who are:
- Akira Back, JW Marriott New Delhi
- Arola, JW Marriott Mumbai

INDONESIA:
Kayuputi @ The St. Regis Bali is world class.
http://www.kayuputirestaurant.com

ITALY:
Florence:
St. Regis Firenze / Florence has a restaurant with one star Michelin.
http://www.restaurantbycainoflorence.com
Milan:
The terrazza at the LC Excelsior Gallia in Milano is on a good way and supported by one or two three star chefs.
http://www.excelsiorhotelgallia.com/terrazza-gallia
Venice:
Dopolavoro Dining Room, JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa, 1 Michelin Star

JAPAN:
Tokyo:
* Il Ristorante, Bulgari, Tokyo: 1 Michelin Star
* Azure 45, The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo: 1 Michelin Star

MALAYSIA:
Taka by Sushi Saito @ The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur is operated by the same 3-Michelin team as Sushi Saito in Japan.

MEXICO:
StR Punta Mita's Signature Carolina Restaurant. Certainly Michelin level or close.

PORTUGAL:
Lab by Sergi Arola, Penha Longa Resort (Ritz Carlton)

QATAR:
The St. Regis Doha has a couple Gordan Ramsay restaurants.

SINGAPORE:
  • Shinji By Kanesaka @ The St. Regis Singapore just earned their Michelin this year.
  • Summer Palace, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore: 1 Michelin Star

SPAIN:
Barcelona
Enoteca, The Ritz-Carlton, Barcelona: 2 Michelin Stars
Elciego
Restaurante Marqués De Riscal @ Hotel Marqués De Riscal is Michelin
Mallorca
Es Fum @ The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca is Michelin.
Tenerife
* M.B., The Ritz-Carlton, Abama: 2 Michelin Stars
* Kabuki, The Ritz-Carlton, Abama: 1 Michelin Star

SWITZERLAND:
Bayview by Michel Roth - Hotel President Wilson, Geneva

TURKEY:
The St. Regis Istanbul has a Spago by Wolfgang Puck.

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES:
Not Michelin-starred yet, but chef is: * Rang Mahal, JW Marriott Marquis, Dubai

UNITED KINGDOM:
Berners Tavern - London EDITION. Beautiful room with excellent menu to match. Surprisingly not loud for such a large, open room.

USA:
(by major city)

Austin:
Stella San Jac @ Westin Downtown has some great Southern-Inspired Cuisine. Chef Michael Cerrie was recently named one of Austin’s Most Innovative Chefs by the Huffington Post. Great breakfast benefit for SPG Platinums.

Boston:
The Liberty Boston's Clink is one of Boston's great restaurants. I eat there almost every time I'm in Boston.

Honolulu:
Rumfire at the Sheraton Waikiki is a bit of a party scene, but also great cocktails and one of the best views in Waikiki.
http://www.rumfirewaikiki.com

Las Vegas:
Bazaar Meat by José Andrés - Las Vegas, Nevada - Modern steakhouse located in the SLS Hotel.

Los Angeles
  • STK at the W Los Angeles/West Beverly Hills is a very good steakhouse.
  • The Bazaar at the SLS is the best hotel restaurant in LA, IMO, especially when you consider Saam, their private dining room--at which I've had both of my best meals ever in Los Angeles. (LA doesn't have Michelin ratings...since Angelenos don't care about Michelin's formalities or adherence to French superiority!).
  • Brewster's at Four Points by Sheraton LAX. While far from Michelin, this bar is popular with FlyerTalkers and a mini-destination for beer lovers.

Napa:
La Toque at the Westin Verasa Napa is one of the best restaurants in the area. Also 1 Michelin star.

New York City:
  • Blue Fin @ W Times Square
  • Lambs Club at the Chatwal NYC numerous times every year and love it.
  • Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien is a semi-hidden gem in Midtown.
    https://www.burgerjointny.com/56thstreet
* The Clocktower at the New York Edition is significantly better than Lambs Club or Blue Fin, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. http://theclocktowernyc.com/

Orange County:
Avenue of the Arts Hotel (Tribute) - Silver Trumpet: innovative menus and cocktail program.
www.silvertrumpetrestaurant.com

Palm Springs:
Breakfast at Norma’s in the Parker Palm Springs is now as much or more an institution as it is in Le Parker Meridien in New York.

Park City:
The St. Regis Bar at St. Regis Deer Valley is a destination in itself for cocktails. Jean-Georges team also provides some bar food. The funicular to get up there is fun too.

Phoenix
Kai at the Sheraton Grand Wild Horse Pass, Forbes 5 star (only 5 star in AZ) just south of Phoenix is probably the best restaurant you'll find in any hotel in the mainline Sheraton/Westin/Marriott/Renaissance strata. I've eaten there three times and every time I do I'm absolutely shocked I'm in a Sheraton. Starwood presumably has their reasons...if the individual brands have a "flagship" hotel, that's probably it for Sheraton - at least in North America.

Il Terrazzo at the Phoenician, Scottsdale
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: SPG

Does anyone know of Marriott and Starwood hotels with top restaurants on-site?

By top, I mean Michelin-starred or restaurants included on the top100 list by the Restaurant magazine.

By on-site I mean restaurants that are within the property itself, either owned or operated by the hotel, not just across the street or next door from a property.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Goldener Hirsch (LC) in Salzburg is traditional fine Austrian cuisine and has been highly respected for decades but I don't think it has a Michelin star.

The LC in San Sebastion, Spain (close to the French border along the Atlantic coast, in the Basque country) has had what was considered one of the best and most innovative restaurants in the world. IIRC the chef has departed.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
La Toque at the Westin Verasa Napa is one of the best restaurants in the area.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
St. Regis Firenze / Florence has a restaurant with one star Michelin.
LC Elephant Weimar has a restaurant with one star Michelin.
Westin Leipzig had ( don't know it so again right now ) with two stars Michelin.

etc.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:46 am

La Scene @ Prince de Galles, Paris is Michelin.

Bukhara @ ITC Maurya, New Delhi is iconic and is often featured in Asia top restaurant lists.

Restaurante Marqués De Riscal @ Hotel Marqués De Riscal is Michelin as MSPeconomist mentioned.

Opus @ Hotel Imperial just receive a Michelin.

SLS Beverly Hills has Bazaar by Jose Andres.

Es Fum @ The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca is Michelin.

Taka by Sushi Saito @ The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur is operated by the same 3-Michelin team as Sushi Saito in Japan.

Shinji By Kanesaka @ The St. Regis Singapore just earned their Michelin this year.

The St. Regis Doha has a couple Gordan Ramsay restaurants.

The St. Regis Istanbul has a Spago by Wolfgang Puck.

Kayuputi @ The St. Regis Bali is world class.

Kai @ Sheraton Grand At Wild Horse Pass gets great ratings.

And of course, there are many Jean Georges restaurants at plenty of Starwood and Marriott luxury hotels.

Hope this helps. Happy dining!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:33 am

There's that burger joint in the lobby of the LM Parker in NYC. Might be the best thing about that property.

Cheers,
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
SE·STO on Arno Florence (Where my son and his wife are dining on NY Eve) has a hot new chef with a Michelin background, but right now it is Michelin recommended but has not earned a star yet.

Falco in Leipzig (where we dined in May) does have 2 stars and is amazing. The Chef recently won Gourmet Guide Chef of the Year.

In addition to Bazaar at SLS in Beverly Hills (try SAAM - the private dining) Jose Andres has 2 restaurants at the SLS Vegas. He earned 2 Michelin stars at his D.C. restaurant.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Not to derail the thread, but Marriott is not exactly known for culinary (or cocktail) excellence. Even in their run of mill properties they (Marriott brands) seem to use the lowest quality industrial food service products with little effort spent on presentation. Perhaps they will learn from Starwood that having destination restaurants and bars is a boost to their brands?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Not to derail the thread, but Marriott is not exactly known for culinary (or cocktail) excellence.
Actually some Marriott properties are, including winning awards.

If you're talking a suburban Marriott in fly-over country, probably not. But I doubt many suburban SPG properties in fly-over country do either.

There have been a # of properties specializing in cocktails or certain culinary experiences (and I'm not just talking Ritz) & even large parties w/ kick-offs surrounding them. Even one a few days ago in Miami Beach. and another a few months ago:

But getting back on topic:

Ritz Carlton Michelin Star Restaurants

"The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C was awarded seventeen Michelin Stars, with Summer Pavilion at The Ritz-Carlton, Milenia Singapore, Lai Heen at The Ritz-Carlton, Macau, Lab by Sergi Arola at Penha Longa Resort, and Jin Xuan at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong all earning their first Michelin Star. The seventeen stars across ten restaurants within Asia and Europe...

Michelin Stars for 2017:

* AQUA, The Ritz-Carlton, Wolfsburg: 3 Michelin Stars
* M.B., The Ritz-Carlton, Abama: 2 Michelin Stars
* Enoteca, The Ritz-Carlton, Barcelona: 2 Michelin Stars
* Tin Lung Heen, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong: 2 Michelin Stars
* Kabuki, The Ritz-Carlton, Abama: 1 Michelin Star
* Il Ristorante, Bulgari, Tokyo: 1 Michelin Star
* Tosca, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong: 1 Michelin Star
* Azure 45, The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo: 1 Michelin Star
* Summer Palace, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore: 1 Michelin Star
* Lai Heen, The Ritz-Carlton, Macau: 1 Michelin Star
* Jin Xuan, The Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai: 1 Michelin Star
Lab by Sergi Arola, Penha Longa Resort: 1 Michelin Star"

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Dec 4, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Marriott is not exactly known for culinary (or cocktail) excellence. Even in their run of mill properties they (Marriott brands) seem to use the lowest quality industrial food service products with little effort spent on presentation.
The same can be said about 90% of all Starwood restaurants, too.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Actually some Marriott properties are, including winning awards.
And even ignoring awards (which I generally do), some Marriotts have very good restaurants. For example, the Showcase restaurant at the Marriott Pinnacle Vancouver is head and shoulders above anything Starwood offers in the area.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Dec 3, 2016 at 11:53 am
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:58 am

* Dopolavoro Dining Room, JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa, 1 Michelin Star
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by damon88
SE·STO on Arno Florence (Where my son and his wife are dining on NY Eve) has a hot new chef with a Michelin background, but right now it is Michelin recommended but has not earned a star yet.

Falco in Leipzig (where we dined in May) does have 2 stars and is amazing. The Chef recently won Gourmet Guide Chef of the Year.

In addition to Bazaar at SLS in Beverly Hills (try SAAM - the private dining) Jose Andres has 2 restaurants at the SLS Vegas. He earned 2 Michelin stars at his D.C. restaurant.
I don't see a star at the SE.STO ON ARNO for the next years. The wintergarden by caino at the St. Regis has one star and hold it again.

The terrazza at the LC Excelsior Gallia in Milano is on a good way and supported by one or two three star chefs.

All starwood Chefs in Venezia could have at least one star but there was some years ago another decision...

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Dec 4, 2016 at 12:05 am
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:20 pm

Doesn't have a Michelin star, but "considered one of the world's most exclusive restaurants, é by José Andrés at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas seats just eight people, who are served 20 or so courses in one sitting." Reservations available via email only & become available 3 months in advance. Has 2 seatings per night: 5:30 & 8:30. é is tucked away in a small private room adjacent to Jaleo’s bustling bar and paella grill.

Also a couple of restaurants in India that aren't Michelin-starred yet, but have chefs who are:

* Akira Back, JW Marriott New Delhi
* Arola, JW Marriott Mumbai

and in Dubai, UAE:

* Rang Mahal, JW Marriott Marquis
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:12 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for posting the list of Ritz restaurants-

I thought of a few more Starwoods

Es Fum at the St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca

Ame St Regis San Francisco

Michael Mina Westin St Francis

all have a star I believe
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:17 pm

And as a side comment,
I kinda like the new group name you've given: :Marriwood hotels" .. don't think I've seen it before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.