Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:25 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Love it, escape4 ! Out of the 88 Marriott properties I have reserved upcoming, the RC Hong Kong is easily the one I am anticipating the most.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 11:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
Introduction Ritz Carlton Hong Kong might be one of the best city hotels anywhere in the world I have ever stayed at. .... Overall it would be difficult to find flaws to this hotel except the location which might not work well for everybody but for guests who like views then it will make up for it. RC HK leaves a lasting impression and stands out from the crowd, the complete opposite of a boring copy cat – highly recommended for a unique experience.
Thank you for the awesome review! I've never really considered staying there of the 9 times I've been to Hong Kong, because stuff I'm doing is on the Island side, but your review makes me want to spend a night or two there next time I go! Thank you!
Old Apr 3, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Will be heading to Hongkong on December.

RC currently the favourite canddate for the place to stay there.

Will be staying right around the Christmas day I would expect the place will be full,
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Love it, escape4 ! Out of the 88 Marriott properties I have reserved upcoming, the RC Hong Kong is easily the one I am anticipating the most.
I did promise an update…

Nailed the upgrade on my one night transit stay as a Titanium to a -16 room overlooking Victoria Harbour, so this is what I woke up to… the room pictures match the excellent review above so no need to recap. As transit hotel stays go this is as good as it gets. Well worth burning that 85k Brilliant FNA.

I agree about the location not being as awesome as in Tsim Sha Tsui or Central, though it’s reasonably well placed for MTR access if you don’t mind a bit of a walk to Austin or Central (I don’t).

ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I did promise an update…

Nailed the upgrade on my one night transit stay as a Titanium to a -16 room overlooking Victoria Harbour, so this is what I woke up to… the room pictures match the excellent review above so no need to recap. As transit hotel stays go this is as good as it gets. Well worth burning that 85k Brilliant FNA.

I agree about the location not being as awesome as in Tsim Sha Tsui or Central, though it’s reasonably well placed for MTR access if you don’t mind a bit of a walk to Austin or Central (I don’t).

Immaculate and majestic!
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
We have a Thursday night stay in HK before our flight back home, currently we are booked into the base room at W for 56K points, and the RC is 78K points.

Is it worth the extra 22K points for RC?

We have a 7-yo daughter who sleeps on the same bed with us. Will RC Hong Kong charge extra (eg third person fee) for the little one?

Not planning on purchasing club access— too we will have stuffed ourselves from RC Macau club lounge for two days just before HK stay.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I'd just stick with the W to save your points and have the free quality W breakfast from your status, the RC you'd have zilch. You should get a harbour view upgrade at the W, not as good as the Ritz, but perfectly nice and likely you'll be able to see hong kong island. Also it doesn't sound like you'd be using the rest of the RC facilities to get value from the extra cost (eg a Michelin star restaurant for a special dinner).

Not sure about the extra child charge, I didn't think it was as common if you weren't asking for a roll away bed. I've never paid it for my kid, but she's still cot/Crib age.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Immaculate and majestic!
Yeah, hard to find another city in the world with such view. Now, kind makes me wanna use up some Bonvoy points here next time I'm in HK. By the way, I've made the stroll to Austin & Central stations many times and don't find it any kind of impediment, and certainly not a deal breaker on staying here.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Visconti
By the way, I've made the stroll to Austin & Central stations many times and don't find it any kind of impediment, and certainly not a deal breaker on staying here.
It's a very long walk through the shopping center, including multiple changes of level, to/from the MTR. Plus a ride in two elevators to get to/from your room.

One of several things about this hotel I didn't like at all. To each their own but I would not stay here again nor recommend unless you had business in the adjacent office towers.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
We have a Thursday night stay in HK before our flight back home, currently we are booked into the base room at W for 56K points, and the RC is 78K points.

for me it wouldn't be but that's subjective.

if you do stay at the W, try and get a quick swim and/or a dip in the jacuzzi. IIRC it's on the 72nd floor and it's outdoors. was very nice.

in the spg days, we were upgraded to a very nice suite. it was a "three tv" suite: a tv in the living room, and bedroom, and even in the bathroom. i don't watch tv but found that amusing.

Originally Posted by littlevoices
I'd just stick with the W to save your points and have the free quality W breakfast from your status, the RC you'd have zilch.
again, during spg days, the plat breakfast was only cold items. they weren't discreet when they policed us to make sure we hadn't taken any cooked items which were extra. i just wanted a coffee and a croissant so it didn't matter then.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:45 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

We have a 7-yo daughter who sleeps on the same bed with us. Will RC Hong Kong charge extra (eg third person fee) for the little one?

Not planning on purchasing club access— too we will have stuffed ourselves from RC Macau club lounge for two days just before HK stay.
They are both good hotels, and both among the very best of their brands. No included breakfast at the RC, though depending on your flight time that may not matter as much.

RC views are unparalleled, so if you will have enough time on site to appreciate that, it is worth considering -- though with enough time, you could also pretty easily walk over to the RC from the W and visit the lobby or rooftop bar and get the same access to the views for a bit.

I've had good luck with suite upgrades at the W, and especially for a one-night stay you would have a decent chance; officially at RCs only Titanium & above are eligible for suite upgrades, not Platinums, though I don't know if this property is ever more generous than that.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
AFAIK, you can always pay an upcharge for club access, but it's substantial. IMO it's only worth it if you're planning to drink a lot.

What kind of drinks they serve at the club?

Also, if I check in in the morning and pay for the club access, would I be able to access breakfast or lunch right away?

Last edited by Ausriver; Jun 6, 2023 at 4:29 am
Old Jun 26, 2023, 12:37 am

Soooooonnn - I'm so excited - sitting here at the Conrad just looking at my perch this weekend. Guest Relations already emailed me asking for photos of myself that I liked - they got a whole story about Great Hotels and elevators ;-)

Old Jun 26, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’m glad RC Hong Kong has improved as it was a disaster during Covid when Staycations were the only possibility. Struggled to book a slot for the pool and couldn’t even book a treadmill (hrs, there was a waiting list for that too). The service and food in the lounge was similar to the JW lounge already included with status. I guess as things have gone back to normal, they’ve brought back higher quality food and are able to cope with the type of guests who don’t just go there to consume, with process 2-3 times higher though. Nonetheless, I won’t be going back. RC Macau wins hands down.

As for W, it’s a great hotel. Superb breakfast, the best Marriott breakfast in HK with no restrictions on items for elites and you’ll get 2 free drinks for the bar. If you’re visiting the city to go sightseeing, there’s no point wasting extra points on RC or paying for the lounge unless it’s your final night. Personally, I’d do a night in Macau and try the RC there. The beef is so tender in the lounge you don’t need a steak knife!
Old Jul 2, 2023, 1:44 am

A truly exquisite experience - I will never forget it. The gifts provided were heartfelt and incredibly personalized. The amount of time that went into the artwork - I can't imagine. I'll work on annoymizing it, if possible, for my full report:

​​​​​​"Dear [ElevatorEnthusiast's real name],

Welcome to your 311th hotel at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong! We hope you enjoy the spectacular view in your room and your favourite thing, the elevators!"

Cue collage of photos, including one of "Little ElevatorEnthusiast" - that photo was of my favourite childhood elevator - the Westinghouse elevators at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter:

dgreen12 and MrM2016 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.