Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The rooms look half-decent, but a couple caveats around service delivery:

1) travel companion checked in before me and was denied Plat breakfast coupons. When I went to the front desk to get them, they gave me some nonsense that I was only getting one coupon per day, and the other guest got nothing - that was cleared up after some back-office wrangling

2) no mention of Plat amenity at check-in

3) As Plat, charged for Internet. Called down on the next morning to get charge removed, and FD did so - but charge posted again the morning of check-out and we needed to ask yet again for the charge to be removed
Old May 10, 2010, 4:03 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by bocastephen
The rooms look half-decent, but a couple caveats around service delivery:

1) travel companion checked in before me and was denied Plat breakfast coupons. When I went to the front desk to get them, they gave me some nonsense that I was only getting one coupon per day, and the other guest got nothing - that was cleared up after some back-office wrangling

2) no mention of Plat amenity at check-in

3) As Plat, charged for Internet. Called down on the next morning to get charge removed, and FD did so - but charge posted again the morning of check-out and we needed to ask yet again for the charge to be removed
Consider yourself lucky in all my stays there I have only received breakfast coupons when included in rate. Never based on Platinum Status. And that doesn't mean I didn't ask.
Old May 10, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by iwc
Consider yourself lucky in all my stays there I have only received breakfast coupons when included in rate. Never based on Platinum Status. And that doesn't mean I didn't ask.
When I booked the room I asked the Plat Concierge if there was a lounge or breakfast and he said there was no lounge, but probably breakfast - he put me on hold, called the hotel and confirmed that Plats received breakfast buffet coupons. Judging by the hoops I went through to get them at check-in, it might be a benefit they try and hide - which begs the question, why bother offering it in the first place if you don't want to give it out?

When I asked the FDC at check-in, he had no problem giving me the coupons and it didn't sound like an alien idea to him - the problem was getting the correct number of coupons for the two occupants in the room.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:09 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Based on a positive review or two of this hotel, I was looking forward to my first stay.

Bad.

I was denied all Platinum benefits except the 500 point amenity.

No upgrade to best available suite, smoking preference was not honored (I requested non-smoking and was given a room infested with smoke), denied late checkout, denied free internet. Even the manager told me it is $10.95 for Platinums.

When I brought any of this to the front desk attention, I was pointed at then dismissed.

Is this typical of Sheraton Suites or just this lousy place?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Based on a positive review or two of this hotel, I was looking forward to my first stay.

Bad.

No upgrade to best available suite, smoking preference was not honored (I requested non-smoking and was given a room infested with smoke), denied late checkout, denied free internet. Even the manager told me it is $10.95 for Platinums.

When I brought any of this to the front desk attention, I was pointed at then dismissed.

I'm really surprised by your experience. We stayed for 1 night before moving to the Diplomat for a few days (we arrived very late and I wanted to save some $). I was given an upgrade to an Executive Suite, my Plat amenity points, vouchers for breakfast for 2 in the restaurant, and free Internet. It never appeared on my bill. It's not the most amazing property in terms of location, but it was great for a night. The turtles and koi in the lobby are pretty cool, too.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by ftv

Bad.

Contact SPG CS in writing and copy the hotel's GM - your experience was totally unacceptable and I believe they should comp the entire stay (by way of points). If they charged you for Internet and the GM refuses to acknowledge and act on your email, then dispute the entire charge with your credit card company as the amount billed is not the correct amount.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, UA1k/GS, AA Plat, HHonors Gold, *wood Plat
Stayed there 8/25 to 8/29. I had no issues. Was given a suite on the top floor (I am relatively sure they are all the same).I was definitely not charged for internet.

Not given any vouchers for breakfast though, but don't expect them since it's not typically something given to plats.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by dale246
Stayed there 8/25 to 8/29. I had no issues. Was given a suite on the top floor (I am relatively sure they are all the same).I was definitely not charged for internet.

Not given any vouchers for breakfast though, but don't expect them since it's not typically something given to plats.
Breakfast is offered to Plats at this hotel - but some of the staff are clueless about this, and many other Plat benefits. You need to push them if they initially refuse.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
you get what you pay for

all that was missing was the chalk lines on carpet where it looks like someone had been shot. Wow!! was this room ever dirty, tired and worn.
This was cheap without the cheerful and this was the preferred guest floor!
When I asked I was told "all the rooms are the same sir." Next time I get a rate of $60 I will know why. Glad it was for only 1 night, next time back to the Westin or W.
There should be a minimum standard for calling yourself a Sheraton and this would not even qualify as a 2-points or motel-5.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM/Reserve
I really struggle as to why people rag on this property so much. Though I prefer to stay at St. Regis and the Luxury Collection, this hotel has been more than adequate. I had my third stay here last night. I received a clean, renovated room, wonderful service, free breakfast as a Plat, and everyone I encountered was nicer than the next. I actually prefer this hotel to several others in the area. Just my two cents.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
I stayed here dozen times before and always kept coming back - I liked the hotel. Even after the introduction of brakfast "benefit" for platinum members (before you got 500 points and breakfast, in leu of lounge, now either one or the other), but last stay killed everything.
I changed 3 rooms. 3rd room had a big dog pee puddle in the middle of the living room, but I was tired and just gave up.
Trying to reach front desk (since there is no operator) or anyone else at around 9.30am proved to be impossible. I did try for good 30 minutes. Had to go downstairs. There was no line there, just one lonely girl.
I asked her for breakfast coupon. She insisted it's ONLY for a platinum member, not their companion. I insisted otherwise. She said it's a new rule. I said these breakfast cards are the new rule that was implemented this year. I asked for a manager. She said she is the manager. I showed her the breakfast card that says "free continental breakfast for platinum member and his guest". She apologized and gave me 1000 points. "breakfast buffet" turned out not to be a buffet at all - instead, we've been offered to get one item off the menu. we got omelets, they were just bad. In fact, I dont remember having a buffet there. ever.
We stayed just one night and checked out the next morning. Another girl at the frond desk was great, she said that the woman I spoke to before is not a manager, that she's just a front desk agent. I told her why I'm checking out, she asked to give them another chance to make it right, but what can they really do? move me to another room? that's pretty much it, so we just left.

This experience was so different from all the other ones I had at this hotel, it was just unbelievable. There were other people on the elevator who were checking out as well, cursing the hotel, so it wasnt just unfortunate coincidence. In fact, it was so different, that I couldnt help but wonder if maybe the ownership of the hotel changed? When I asked the girl at the check out, she confirmed that yes, indeed, hotel has a new owner.

I mean how bad of a change does it have to be if a regular customer noticed that hotel's owner changed?

Advice to starwood: it is not a sheraton. Doesnt look like, doesnt feel like, no link, no lounge.

Last edited by alexkgtu; Nov 30, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
any recent stays here? we need a night in ft lauderdale somewhere before driving up to palm beach the following day (i'm trying to avoid the airport hotel, and paying for parking on the beach) but this doesn't sound good...
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by karenkay
any recent stays here? we need a night in ft lauderdale somewhere before driving up to palm beach the following day (i'm trying to avoid the airport hotel, and paying for parking on the beach) but this doesn't sound good...
There is a Westin a 1/4 mile away, decent hotel, usually has good rates. The hotel is a bit tired, but friendly agents at the front desk.

http://www.westinfortlauderdalehotel.com/
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
It's funny to see this, I just checked out of there yesterday. As a place to spend one night, it may be fine if you are not too fussy. We got a good rate so the value was good. The staff are friendly but not super efficient. The check-in person said she was not familiar with platinum benefits. It took a long time to get a room checking in at noon, which was strange, because the room looked like it had been vacant for a while or the last guests had left their spiders behind.

Rooms are not great, just OK, large self park lot in front and on the side, very accessible to I 95. As an earlier poster said, it does feel more like a large motel than a Sheraton. Depends on the level of hotel you are looking for I guess.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:52 pm
Suspended

The good thing about the airport hotel is they have a free shuttle, so depending on what time you will return the car when leaving, you may be able to save on 1 days rental.

Otherwise Id rather stay at The Suites in Plantation then Cypress Creek, rooms are nicer and no noise from the trains as they pass all hours of the night. My 1st stay @ CC I could have sworn the train was going right thru my room , it woke me up at 2 or 3 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.