Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Barcelona EDITION - Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona EDITION - Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks, I might try asking for cash upgrades if they won’t give me anything that’s a real upgrade (we all know anything below Loft at EDITION is the same room). But I’m hoping as a returning titanium guest with a STARS rate, I can wrangle something appropriate (I don’t expect the penthouse but I think higher tier elites should receive a room with some actual extra space).
Good luck! And interested in your experience as someone considering returning in a few weeks in the same position.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Good luck! And interested in your experience as someone considering returning in a few weeks in the same position.
I was upgraded from the base King room to a Loft room. I did ask via the app messaging function in advance of my stay. They said they couldn’t promise anything until check in, but assured me I would be given something “nice” in recognition of my Titanium status and booking via a preferred partner (STARS). The day before my stay, I saw my room had already changed to a Loft and before I checked in after midnight on the first night of my stay, I could see the room number allocated. It’s a lovely room on one of the high floors, with a great bath. It’s the EDITION equivalent of a junior suite. I’m actually in the same room as my last stay, but on the floor above - I guess I’m going up in the world!

As a data point, the best upgrade I’ve managed at the London EDITION was also a Loft on a high floor, earlier this month. I think that is as high as anyone can realistically go with Titanium status from the base room, without paying more.

The Barcelona EDITION is as fantastic as it was last time. The staff are delightful, the hard product is understated but luxurious, and the food is actually phenomenal here. I’m not a breakfast person at all but I always get up for the breakfast here. It’s a good idea to get it included in your rate, as we easily spend 70-80 euros between two of us at breakfast.

The STARS and Save offer includes 20% off the best flexible rate, breakfast, 50 euros of food and beverage credit a day, some other stuff that doesn’t matter if you’re above Gold.

If anyone has any questions about this property, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Booked a 2 night stay here next. Excited to try as my first Edition stay.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Looks like there are no rooms with 2 beds, can anyone confirm?

Is it true that Titaniums don't get comp'd breakfast at Editions?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by loganre17
Per Marriott T&C, Edition properties offer no elite breakfast benefit.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by loganre17
Looks like there are no rooms with 2 beds, can anyone confirm?

As far as I’m aware, there are no rooms with two beds. They can give you two rooms at the end of the corridor with an extra door that cuts off the end of the corridor and gives you a private corridor between the two rooms facing each other.

No level of status gets you free breakfast at EDITION. I would recommend booking a rate that includes breakfast here, especially a STARS rate, as the breakfast is actually very good (I rarely get out of bed for breakfast but I did here).
Kacee and loganre17 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:10 am

Any thoughts on the Edition versus Almanac Barcelona booking via FHR/STARS? Edition is about 150 EUR more per night and as a Titanium some of the difference would be made up by points/elite nights but not all of the difference. Base rooms at Almanac are somewhat larger as well and not sure if will get much more perks from Titanium + FHR/STARS here versus FHR at a boutique property.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by quant88
Any thoughts on the Edition versus Almanac Barcelona booking via FHR/STARS? Edition is about 150 EUR more per night and as a Titanium some of the difference would be made up by points/elite nights but not all of the difference. Base rooms at Almanac are somewhat larger as well and not sure if will get much more perks from Titanium + FHR/STARS here versus FHR at a boutique property.
I have managed a Loft King at the Barcelona EDITION both times I’ve stayed after booking the base room; both stays as Titanium on a STARS rate. The breakfast is superb and very nice to have included. We also had a STARS and Save package that included 50 euros of food and beverage credit every day in addition to breakfast - the food at the rooftop bar and downstairs is excellent. Cocktails also good at the rooftop bar but the food portions are a bit small up there.

I haven’t stayed at the Almanac but I’d definitely stay at the EDITION again.
quant88 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I have managed a Loft King at the Barcelona EDITION both times I’ve stayed after booking the base room; both stays as Titanium on a STARS rate. The breakfast is superb and very nice to have included. We also had a STARS and Save package that included 50 euros of food and beverage credit every day in addition to breakfast - the food at the rooftop bar and downstairs is excellent. Cocktails also good at the rooftop bar but the food portions are a bit small up there.

I haven’t stayed at the Almanac but I’d definitely stay at the EDITION again.
what is a STARS rate?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by rstidolph
what is a STARS rate?
It’s a preferred partner rate you can book via a luxury travel advisor at certain Marriott luxury hotels.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:14 pm

It’s a preferred partner rate you can book via a luxury travel advisor at certain Marriott luxury hotels.
thank you

is there a phone number for this hotel, or do I call the general Bonvoy number
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by rstidolph
thank you

is there a phone number for this hotel, or do I call the general Bonvoy number
I think you should be able to find the number for the hotel on their website or via the app.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:32 pm

I think you should be able to find the number for the hotel on their website or via the app.
thanks
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:14 pm

This is my recent experience at the hotel... I booked with FHR and I'm a Titanium/Lifetime Platinum with Marriott. I paid extra to book with FHR for the added amenities and the only one that really paid off was the noon check in which I think I would have got in either case. As far as Titanium recognition I was just congratulated and told they know how difficult that is to achieve.

The included FHR breakfast wasn't really all inclusive as you can pick one egg dish but they're à la carte. So if you order two eggs, that's all you get. Potatoes or meat is extra and not included. You can get a side of fruit though included. We ended up using our $100 welcome amenity mostly for breakfast (actually only 87€ when it should have been at least 93€). For the life of me I'll never understand why they want to shortchange you on the conversion rate when they charge 5€ for a bottle of water.

Lastly the room was just too small. I got upgraded from a Superior room to a Deluxe room which basically isn't even an upgrade. I couldn't even get the "DELUXE SANTA CATERINA" room showing available. The hotel had a lot of inventory bookable online. The maintenance was also lacking, there were two bottles of bodywash for the shower and no shampoo... the sink faucet handle was falling off and there wasn't consistent hot water for the shower.

It wasn't quite the five star experience I was expecting.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I was upgraded to a corner Loft suite for my 2nd stay at the hotel, but the issue is that they only have 15 suites at this 100 rooms & suites property.

https://www.editionhotels.com/barcel...ms-and-suites/

Barcelona Penthouse Suite
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=pEbwSd6QMos

Santa Caterina Penthouse Suite
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=WDjwb1TYkD2

A very good option for breakfast is the Santa Caterina covered market, next door.

https://mercatsantacaterina.com/

The Roof
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=A4vsEAbxz17

Another website has this $100 F&B credit:
https://allstarselect.com/hotel/a2o0y000005JIVtAAO/The-Barcelona-EDITION

Last edited by UASPG; Jun 30, 2022 at 3:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.