Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spitzinsee, Germany: Arabella Sheraton Alpenhotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spitzinsee, Germany: Arabella Sheraton Alpenhotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:28 am

very nice

Was there last week on Cash & Points. I'm a gold and was given a lake view room on a lower floor. The room was nice and very large by European standards the bathroom was average sized but modern and equipped with a nice shower. Room still had a 1980s 7 inch or so tube tv but I didnt mind because the weather was perfect. The balcony and lake view were truly amazing. Very good service and a beautiful pool/spa area.

Breakfast was not included and quite expensive (20 euros pp) for what was offered.

I hope that they dont leave SPG.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:16 pm

Leaves Starwood Dec 31

Leaving Starwood December 31
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
That's a pity.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Originally Posted by LH738
That's a pity.
agreed.. been there many times for the skiing.. any one knows why?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by zerbib
agreed.. been there many times for the skiing.. any one knows why?
All the remaining Arabella branded hotels seem to be going their own way.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Leaving starwood earlier...

As of November 30th

http://www.arabellasheratonalpenhotel.com/en
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Leaving starwood earlier...

As of November 30th

http://www.arabellasheratonalpenhotel.com/en

Sheaton Maldives blocks all the "standard rooms". Tried to use my free night vouchers now at the Alpenhotel and learn that this hotel is no longer part of SPG!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Now official

Dear Forstbetrieb,

As a valued Starwood Preferred Guest member, we are contacting you to inform you of a change in the status of the ArabellaSheraton Alpenhotel. As of November 30th, the ArabellaSheraton Alpenhotel is no longer part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide or Sheraton and will no longer participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program.

We see you are currently holding multiple upcoming reservations, the next one being confirmation number xxxxxxxxx, arriving on [ ... ] and departing on [ ... ]. We are pleased to advise you that the hotel will honor your reservations and room rates as originally confirmed. However, since the hotel will no longer be affiliated with the Starwood system, you will not earn Starpoints at this hotel for any eligible charges incurred, nor will you receive any of your Starwood Preferred Guest membership amenities or benefits.

Should you have any queries regarding your reservations, please contact our customer contact center on one of the following relevant national toll free numbers:

International: ++800-325-xxxxx

US: 1-888-625-xxxx

We appreciate your continued patronage of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and we apologize for this unforeseen change and any inconvenience it may cause for you. We look forward to welcoming you to a Starwood Preferred Guest participating property in the near future.

Sincerely,

Aidan Murphy

Starwood Preferred Guest

**Please note that this e-mail has been sent from a non-response outbox. Any replies to this e-mail will not receive a response. For further information regarding your booking, please contact the relevant number listed above**
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:21 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
This hotel has now rejoined as a Tribute Portfolio hotel.

Should we update this thread or start a new one and link the new one to this thread? I am not sure what the forum rules are for this.

I did note that so far they do not have any points redemption rates loaded, which made me wonder if the Tribute Portfolio has an exclusion for redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.