Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Town Hall Hotel & Apartments, London - Design Hotels [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)

I have just noticed this property has gone live on the SPG website, adding a new option for London.

It is in Bethnal Green, so out of the centre in East London and is as per the title, a converted town hall.

Looks to be mainly an apartment and suite property.

More details at: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...opertyID=26543
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Looking to stay in that area this Sat, may try it out. Looks decent.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Thanks for posting this - this place looks great, and the prices seem fair too. (Well... fair for London.)

And closer to the O2 than my other SPG property... just booked for an upcoming SPG Moments night.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:20 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by chanp
Looking to stay in that area this Sat, may try it out. Looks decent.
You're looking to stay at Bethnal Green?

I wondered what the clientele would be. Even with gentrification, it's still not exactly a holiday destination or corporate hub!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DCF

I wondered what the clientele would be. Even with gentrification, it's still not exactly a holiday destination or corporate hub!
i agree....its always nice to have another spg option in london but i'm not crazy about the location....
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I second the comments regarding the awful (but hip) location - very poor for transportation links and definitely not reccommended for anyone but the most familiar with London.

On the other hand, the restauranton the premises, Viajante, is top notch.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by DCF

I have an event to attend to Sat night near South Woodford, will miss last trains back, so thought I'd check it out as it's new and the closest SPG to where I will be. Not sure I will stay, but if I do, will post up.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DCF

It is a short taxi ride to Liverpool Station and the City of London. I expect it will be quite popular with business travelers.

Weekends are another matter, but a certain type of clientele will appreciate being near the nightlife of Shoreditch, etc.

Tourists should probably steer clear unless they know their way around London.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RafKa
I second the comments regarding the awful (but hip) location - very poor for transportation links and definitely not reccommended for anyone but the most familiar with London.
I wouldn't define 3 minutes from walk from Cambridge Heath rail station and 5 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube station as "very poor for transportation". And FWIW, it's next door to the V&A Museum of Childhood, so it's hardly far from the tourist track either.
AirMiles2001 and sarahluv like this.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:53 am

any idea what SPG category this hotel is going to be? with the Park and Great Northern moving up a category... I need to figure out where to stay during our trip this upcoming Christmas.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MattsMiles
any idea what SPG category this hotel is going to be? with the Park and Great Northern moving up a category... I need to figure out where to stay during our trip this upcoming Christmas.
william stated that we would start finding out in march what category the design properties will be....but my guess would be that this is going to be a cat 5....
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MattsMiles
With rates in the low hundreds of GBP, I suspect a Cat. 5... Slotting in between the Cat. 4 Aloft and the city centre 6s and 7s. But even then that would probably be a poor value redemption.

Book the Park Lane before the category change would be my advice, particularly now that the renovation is well advanced.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
With rates in the low hundreds of GBP, I suspect a Cat. 5... Slotting in between the Cat. 4 Aloft and the city centre 6s and 7s. But even then that would probably be a poor value redemption.

Book the Park Lane before the category change would be my advice, particularly now that the renovation is well advanced.
I wish I could, but I won't have enough SPG points to book Park Lane until April.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I wouldn't define 3 minutes from walk from Cambridge Heath rail station and 5 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube station as "very poor for transportation". And FWIW, it's next door to the V&A Museum of Childhood, so it's hardly far from the tourist track either.
i am considering this hotel as the price is rather cheap compare to other SPG hotel and this will be my first visit to London.

So should I stay here?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Originally Posted by lingua101
i am considering this hotel as the price is rather cheap compare to other SPG hotel and this will be my first visit to London.

So should I stay here?
If you are really concerned about price, I don't think it is too bad of an area. It may not be the most convenient place to use as a base for touristy things, but it is not all that bad.Mind you, I have never stayed overnight in the area.

Others may disagree, but the area around Shoreditch tends to attract a younger crowd in the evenings (20, 30s) ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.