Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel 2007 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel 2007 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
I kept the reservations for:
Four Points by Sheraton Newark Airport
Sheraton Suites on the Hudson

and I'll decide in August.

We'll be taking public transit to Liberty Park each day.

If there are 3 of us, then the Suites is the only choice; however, if there are only 2 of us, I'm leaning toward the 4P.

(The Suites are $206.10 a night, where as the 4P I got for 7,000 points).
Old Mar 29, 2008, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
What are the best options for getting between this hotel and JFK? I called the hotel and they said it's about an $80 cab ride, which pretty much offsets the "low" rate.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
What are the best options for getting between this hotel and JFK? I called the hotel and they said it's about an $80 cab ride, which pretty much offsets the "low" rate.
i think there is a subway from either penn sta or grand central to jfk. the ferry leaves on the 15's from nj, and takes 7 minutes. there is a ferry bus that runs to penn sta, and grand central. it leaves within 5 min of ferry arrival.

the ferry buses are great for bad weather, as one cannot get a cab in central manhatten in bad weather. cabs are readily available at the ferry terminal, as people are riding them to get to the ferry.

http://www.nywaterway.com/ferry/schedules/

one can also take one of the ferry busses to catch the path(?) to ewr.

ferry buses are free, but do not run late into the night.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:54 am

Just returned from a 2-night stay at this property. Stayed on a weekend so had to take the ferry from Port Imperial. No big deal. The ferry wasn't as bad as I'd feared. The hotel itself was absolutely adequate. There were 4 of us in the room, so the pull-out sofa was quite nice. Unfortunately, the mattress on the sofa bed was stained and torn, so one of us just slept lengthwise on the sofa. The room was a little tired-looking, but the fridge was useful. Only other issue was that our wake-up call was never made. For the price and location, this is an acceptable hotel. Friendly and efficient staff. Just don't book a honeymoon here!
Old Aug 31, 2008, 1:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Just a quick follow-up on my post in March. I decided to take the 4P hotel (for 7k points) instead of the Suites.

We saved $ on the room, but we had to pay $30/night in taxi fares from New Jersey Penn Station to the 4P (plus PATH & NJTL fares); whereas the Suites would have just gotten us home on the light rail.
Plus, with travel time/connections, it took us 2-3 hours to get home each night from the festival.

As the 4P is going away, it will be the suites for us next year if we go.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Hotel is always very dirty. Very limited clean up of common areas, hallways, etc. Carpets are a mess. Too bad.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 2:39 pm

browsing the SPG website i saw that this hotel is now called the "Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel". i have no other new information.....
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My most recent stay, this past Friday night:

The plusses:

The location is virtually unbeatable, in terms of being close to the city without being in the city. A quick ferry ride to the city, with a few restaurants in the area. Great view, as well.

The minuses:

Pretty much everything else. Check-in was slooowwww. We were given a room on the SPG level (couldn't tell the difference between this level and the others) right across from the elevators. My own fault for not asking to be moved, but I usually don't have too much noise trouble. We didn't this time, either, until the crowds started gathering around the elevator at 1-2 am.

The rooms are small and poorly designed. Guys, would it be too much trouble to put a door in to separate the bedroom from the living room? Everything looked old, from the carpeting to the furniture. They did manage to get one of the two cribs that we requested up to our room.

Check-out was no better. Slooowwww. I was using my $75 Platinum credit and asked for it to be applied to the bill. The clerk had trouble with it but told me he would give it to accounting.

Today is Wednesday, and no $75 credit nor Platinum amenity points posted. I called the hotel about the $75 credit and the guy in accounting said, "Oh, yeah, somebody at the front desk handed it to me Monday. He didn't know if you want it credited to your room or F&B, so he told me just to hold onto it in hopes that you would call." I pointed out that I had asked at checkout for it to be credited to the room and that I had no F&B charges, so I wasn't sure exactly what he was waiting for. He told me he'd have the manager call me back. I've run a string of not getting callbacks from Starwood, so I'm not holding my breath.

Mike
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
how far is this hotel from the nearest ferry terminal????can i walk it or do i need a cab/hotel pick-up????might be passing by ny in october so need an inexpensive room for a night....getting a rate here for around $175....will have 2 other colleagues traveling with me so a suite here will be better than booking 2 rooms at another hotel....
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Starwood, NWA, Frontier
Originally Posted by saad
how far is this hotel from the nearest ferry terminal????can i walk it or do i need a cab/hotel pick-up????might be passing by ny in october so need an inexpensive room for a night....getting a rate here for around $175....will have 2 other colleagues traveling with me so a suite here will be better than booking 2 rooms at another hotel....
This info might be a bit too late for you, but I'm staying at this property today/tonight, and the ferry terminal is literally 50 steps from the front door of the hotel. Very convenient.

That said, this property is a trainwreck. Single worst Sheraton I've ever stayed in...ever. I don't want to touch anything in the room. Filthy, dingy, old. At $269/night, it's offensive.

The good news is that there are several signs in the common areas regarding a major renovation expected to be completed sometime in 2010.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by No Juice
This info might be a bit too late for you, but I'm staying at this property today/tonight, and the ferry terminal is literally 50 steps from the front door of the hotel. Very convenient.

That said, this property is a trainwreck. Single worst Sheraton I've ever stayed in...ever. I don't want to touch anything in the room. Filthy, dingy, old. At $269/night, it's offensive.

The good news is that there are several signs in the common areas regarding a major renovation expected to be completed sometime in 2010.
thanks for the info....i've booked a room here for later this month....will now reconsider....
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yikes! I'm coming in for a two night stay (one night at the Lincoln Harbor, the other at the nearby Westin) while visiting NYC.

After reading these reviews, I'm tempted to do my arrival night at the EWR Sheraton for a much lower rate, then take the train into the city the next morning - the EWR rate is cheaper, breakfast is free and the hotel is much higher quality.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Spent last Saturday night at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor - there are signs everywhere that the property is "undergoing a multi-million dollars renovation".

I'm glad that I DID NOT READ the reviews in this thread before my stay

Check in was no problem, as I was recognized as a Plat and when I asked for an upgrade, the guy offered me a newly renovated room - trust me, THIS is what you want, as everything in the room was new.

The room itself has a very nice view of the Manhattan skyline. There are 2 TVs (32" flat screen), complimentary big bottle of water, and the bathroom was new and decent, albeit a bit dark.

The lounge was closed on the weekend so they gave me a voucher for a complimentary Continental breakfast for my son and I - we had oj, croissants, and coffee.

As everyone else said, the location is unbeatable, and the rate ($154) was excellent for being right outside of the Lincoln Tunnel. And parking is free too!

So if you go there, be sure to ask for a renovated room and you will be happy.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: SPG
Latest Review

Just stayed in this hotel for three night last weekend.

Good:
$169 with two ferry round trip per night
ferry buses are free and you can get to virtually anywhere
nice view of NY day and night from room (upgraded to corner suites)
room has been renovated and clean

Bad:
very nice AC but cold
internet does not work, only get connection about 5 minutes for the whole trip
club lounge is small, poor food choice and quality
house keeping was not very good even with tips
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
The rooms used to have 2 TVs...Not any more. There's one, relatively small (27"?) TV in the entire 'suite'.
I am looking at two very large, flat-panel HDTVs in my city-view room right now.

Originally Posted by sapguy
As everyone else said, the location is unbeatable, and the rate ($154) was excellent for being right outside of the Lincoln Tunnel. And parking is free too!
Parking is NOT free. It is $25/nt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.