Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta / Jogjakarta / Yogyakarta, Java Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta / Jogjakarta / Yogyakarta, Java Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by karenkay
any recent stays here (or the marriott)? thoughts on titanium treatment?
I stayed here in April, although I was a Gold at the time. Contrary to the most recent posts from many years ago, I loved my stay at this hotel. It's set very far back from the street, so you won't hear any traffic noise. I booked a Lagoon room and it was so nice to have a semi-private pool directly accessible from my room. I had a minor issue with the AC, which was quickly fixed. I will say that the wifi is weak in the lagoon room area, which was probably my only real negative. Otherwise, my room was really nice. I got a whole tray full of sweets from the staff. They were still in refurbishment mode for parts of the hotel. The Javanese style architecture is really stunning. I also used the main swimming pool, which is designed like a Javanese water palace. The staff were excellent and very friendly. For whatever reason, they gave me lounge access with breakfast and dinner everyday. The buffet breakfast spread is absolutely massive and includes a live egg cooking station.

Yogyakarta now has a much larger airport that is quite far from the city and this hotel. They do run a shuttle to Jl. Malioboro but I think it's just once a day now. At any rate, getting a Grab or Gojek is pretty cheap.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:13 am

Can you walk easily from the Sheraton Mustika to local shops. restaurants or warungs?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by puchong
Can you walk easily from the Sheraton Mustika to local shops. restaurants or warungs?
There are a few in the area but overall, not really compared to the Malioboro area. As a general rule of thumb, urban walking in Indonesia isn't really a thing. Sidewalks are...interesting to say the least and it's always hot and humid. My driver told me that locals will hire a Grab for just a 100 metre trip.

Last edited by Norexan; Oct 11, 2023 at 11:28 am
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:07 pm

Is this hotel a good base for exploring the rest of central Java? We are looking to visit nearby mountains, national parks, beaches, etc.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by najama2
Is this hotel a good base for exploring the rest of central Java? We are looking to visit nearby mountains, national parks, beaches, etc.
It's not really near any of those things but it's easy enough to hire a driver to take you wherever you want. Prambanan is the nearest major attraction, about a 15-20 minute drive away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.