Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta / Jogjakarta / Yogyakarta, Java Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta / Jogjakarta / Yogyakarta, Java Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:06 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
The suite looks quite decent...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Krisflyer Silver, Delta Gold
I stayed here earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The (included) breakfast was the best I've had at a Sheraton in Indonesia-- in fact, the only better breakfast I've had at any Sheraton was at the Sheraton Nha Trang, Vietnam. In my experience, the more remote a luxury property is, the better the service; maybe because the cost of labor is so low...?

Stayed in a lagoon room, which was very nice; the pool itself was not that impressive or resort-like-- basically only two connected pool areas. The staff were very helpful in helping us set up a sunrise trip to Borobudur, which was amazing. No problems with the 4PM checkout (my favorite Gold-status perk, with which I've had a 100% succes rate everywhere in Asia).

All in all, a great value (about 1.3 million IDR for the first night, and used a free resort night award for the second night) and I'd do it again-- although I do want to check out Amanjiwo...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
We were there late September on a so called Ancient Yogja Rate. We paid 3.9 Mio. IDR for a two night stay, got one full day and one half day private tour with private car, driver and gutde, lunches, a massage for two and were upgraded to a really massive suite. The staff was pretty nice, food was cheap and good, breakfast not excellent but pretty much ok. All in all amazing value for money. We had originally planed to do the trip as a day trip from Bali but were glad that we decided otherwise.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:58 am
cln

thank you for the recent reviews of this property...

as part of my 3 month SEA vacation i am going to Bali and Lombok and then to Jakarta.. 17 days.. is it worth doing a stopover in Yogikarta ? Everybody says Jakarta is not worth staying so i'm not sure if i should skip the 3 days in Jakarta.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by cln

as part of my 3 month SEA vacation i am going to Bali and Lombok and then to Jakarta.. 17 days.. is it worth doing a stopover in Yogikarta ? Everybody says Jakarta is not worth staying so i'm not sure if i should skip the 3 days in Jakarta.
Although (or maybe because ) I live in Jakarta, I would say there is no competition. Spend the time you have in Yogya. There is lots to see, included probably the two best sites on Java, and the food is great.

Save the big durian for a time when you have lots of time to spare.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cln

skip jakarta & go to yogyakarta....
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:20 am
cln

so i will only take one night at Jakarta, i hope the Keraton at the Plaza is open by then. My flight back to BKK is from Jakarta :7 should have done the research before booking the cheap flights
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cln
so i will only take one night at Jakarta, i hope the Keraton at the Plaza is open by then. My flight back to BKK is from Jakarta :7 should have done the research before booking the cheap flights
And do book this rate I mentioned. The value is amazing. Compared to the plain room rate we paid 150 USD extra for two days with driver, car and guide, two lunches, two massages, one hour horse drawn carriage, all entrance fees. If you book your flights online on the Garuda Website the flights from Bali to Yogja are as cheap as 120 USD....
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:41 am
cln

sounds great. I will try to do so... Thank you

edit :

wow, i just checked the price on garuda websites and they are are really not expensive. Before i only checked rates on dohop but they dont show the promotional rates... Too bad there is no direct flight from Mataram to Yogikarta

Last edited by cln; Oct 8, 2011 at 11:12 am
Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cln
sounds great. I will try to do so... Thank you

edit :

wow, i just checked the price on garuda websites and they are are really not expensive. Before i only checked rates on dohop but they dont show the promotional rates... Too bad there is no direct flight from Mataram to Yogikarta
The rate is normally not available through the website, but no problem to book via your Ambassador (if any) or directly with the hotel.

The Garuda fares are only availabe on the website and the website does not always work properly. Indonesian travel agents can - however - book fares that are about 1/3 of the price you pay in Europe. The Sheraton will be happy to recommand their preferred partner.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum. Hilton Gold. IHG PA. Accor Platinum
Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa

Stay Period - 2010.7.14 ~ 2010.7.19
Room - Club Room

- Normal room condition
- Beautiful pool, but water quality is not good
- 3 minutes from the airport, free airport transfer ^
- The food is very cheap and delicious ^
- Happy Hour is not good
- Free shuttle bus in operation to Malioboro
- Spa is very famous
- Starwood Privilege Card (F&B card) is available ^

Starwood Privilege Card
The fee varies by country. Valid for 1 year

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you need a very fast internet speeds

Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa - Club Room

Last edited by StationaryTraveller; Feb 11, 2012 at 12:41 am
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta

I was there end of July. The hotel was fine, but kind of Spartan. The price was very low, as it was during the period of Ramadan with an occupancy rate that was very low.

I'm going back to this city in June and was looking for something a little 'fancier'.
There is the Grand Aston Yogyakarta, The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta and the Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta, but nothing else from Starwood.

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 16, 2013 at 9:00 am
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Yogyakarta Plans 66 New Hotels This Year

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/ne....php?id=919813

Apparently, none will be managed by Starwood.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:27 pm
cln

there is another thread about this hotel but i wasnt able to find it right now...
but i remember having read through it last year
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Isn't there an Aman near Yogjakarta ?

And please don't taint Flyertalk with reports from 'Bernama' , the sort of junk that comes out from this agency makes me puke . They have even been caught doctoring photos in their news reports.

Last edited by mario33; Jan 15, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.