Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points (formerly Sheraton) Padova, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points (formerly Sheraton) Padova, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Is this hotel really so bad? Will my wife kill me if we stay here to explore Venice?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by vanabb
Is this hotel really so bad? Will my wife kill me if we stay here to explore Venice?
Don't know your wife, but I would kill you if it is me. Not because you have taken this hotel but because of you have taken a hotel which is not located in Venice...

The hotel is normally not as bad as someone can think. I have stayed there sometimes in the last five or six years but not in the last three years. Breakfast was always sufficient to me and dinner was also good. We have taken every day the catch of the day ( fish ) and some pasta.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent stays here? Might have to stay for a quick overnight here next week.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question check out the new Four Points in Venice

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Any recent stays here? Might have to stay for a quick overnight here next week.
None here - but - if you check the last post was over a year ago. Seems to answer your question!

My question is how/why will this property remain SPG after July 1 - when a new Four Points opens in Venice? The irony is points redemption's cost the same!
Old May 22, 2017, 10:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
None here - but - if you check the last post was over a year ago. Seems to answer your question!

My question is how/why will this property remain SPG after July 1 - when a new Four Points opens in Venice? The irony is points redemption's cost the same!
I saw, but none since re-branding to Four Points.

Well, this hotel, together with a few more in Italy (Four Points Catania) are franchises, and have been for a long time. In the time they signed the contract with Starwood, the contract they signed was for indefinite use of the franchise rights. So they can, and will be affiliated with Starwood for however long the owner wants too. And Starwood has very little they can do, except maybe taking them to Italian court, but as Italian law is extremely complicated and long, I think these two hotel will both remain part of SPG for the near future. No clue if the Marriott takeover will change anything tough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.