Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Stayed here this weekend while I was in town for the Dallas half marathon:

Pros:
- As platinum they attempted to upgrade me (see next comment)
- I arrived at 12:00pm, and they allowed me to check in early. The front desk person said I had been upgraded, but the upgraded room wasn't ready. I really didn't need the upgrade, so I opted for a standard room and being able to check in early.
- I needed a towel change out since housekeeping never came during my three night stay. I called the whenever/whatever line and someone dropped fresh towels off in less than 5 minutes
- Next door to the AA Center if you're attending an event there
- About 1 block from the Dallas light rail
- Room is nice, pretty much what I expect for a W
- Shower (rainfall type where it comes directly downward) was really nice

Neutral:
- Its a W, so it will be a bit trendy and draw the trendy / party crowd. There was a large wedding here on Saturday night, so there was some late night hallway noise / doors slamming, etc. Nothing that I don't expect at a W however.

Cons:
- No housekeeping service during my three night stay. I was out of the room during the day seven hours the first day, and six hours the second day. Given the race prep and rest afterward I used the do not disturb sign otherwise.

- No public trash cans anywhere in this hotel. Because I didn't have housekeeping service, I had some trash built up by the third day. There aren't any trash cans in the hallways or even downstairs. I ended up having to give my trash bag to one of the valets outside.

- The blue carpet in the rooms and hallways shows dirt easily, or this place hasn't been vacuumed in a while.

- Trash and lots of room service trays all over the hallways pretty much all of the time (Maybe it is just the weekend crowd, but they really should have someone take a look around at least a few times per day)
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
Originally Posted by OnTheRun321
The Good - The hotel is in an awesome location and the valet parking is inexpensive relative to other W properties I've been to. The Marvelous Suite does indeed have the dining area and an additional half bath. Breakfast amenity includes coffee, OJ, and assorted pastries.
Are the breakfast ammenities (available at the bar) complimentary for SPG Plats?
I had to pay for my pastries and fruit.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm considering staying here for a New Year's Eve trip to Dallas and I understand that this is close to the big Dallas NYE festivities -- does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is "close enough to be convenient" vs. "close enough to be maddening"? Choice is likely between this and the Stoneleigh.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by colerc
I'm considering staying here for a New Year's Eve trip to Dallas and I understand that this is close to the big Dallas NYE festivities -- does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is "close enough to be convenient" vs. "close enough to be maddening"? Choice is likely between this and the Stoneleigh.
Where are the festivities that you want to attend? I live in Dallas and would be happy to respond once I know exactly where you want to be.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:10 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Where are the festivities that you want to attend? I live in Dallas and would be happy to respond once I know exactly where you want to be.
Not sure yet -- considering attending Big D NYE, which I understand to be pretty close to the W, wondering if it might be *too* close and potentially make access to the hotel difficult on the 31st and the like.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Not sure yet -- considering attending Big D NYE, which I understand to be pretty close to the W, wondering if it might be *too* close and potentially make access to the hotel difficult on the 31st and the like.
That's right across the street from the hotel, so if that's what you wanted to do I would definitely stay at the W. Even though the Stoneleigh is close; getting into and out of the area in a taxi can be a pain. If you were doing something else then I would stay at the Stoneleigh to avoid the Big D crowds.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:12 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by spgplat21
That's right across the street from the hotel, so if that's what you wanted to do I would definitely stay at the W. Even though the Stoneleigh is close; getting into and out of the area in a taxi can be a pain. If you were doing something else then I would stay at the Stoneleigh to avoid the Big D crowds.
Thanks. I have both on hold for now and I guess I'll decide which to keep once I figure out my activity plans.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Thanks. I have both on hold for now and I guess I'll decide which to keep once I figure out my activity plans.
Stoneleigh doesn't even compare. W is where all the action, fireworks and music take place. You won't be able to catch a cab back to the Stoneleigh since so many people flood into Victory Park. Security will be tight in the hotel so don't worry about the crowds.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Stoneleigh doesn't even compare. W is where all the action, fireworks and music take place. You won't be able to catch a cab back to the Stoneleigh since so many people flood into Victory Park. Security will be tight in the hotel so don't worry about the crowds.
I agree that W is where the larger NYE party will be. But eventually you'll end up back in uptown or Cedar Springs area where all the popular bars/clubs are. They are all walking distance from the Stoneleigh. Granted, I'm not too impressed with the property though unless you get the penthouse and have your own private rooftop terrace.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Points, Miles & Martinis just posted a glowing review of the W Dallas - Victory Hotel
Old May 11, 2014, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Points, Miles & Martinis just posted a glowing review of the W Dallas - Victory Hotel
I appreciate reviews with pictures but wouldn't exactly call that glowing. That was pretty standard, just like the room assigned.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Just had a 1 night stay here this past weekend as we were going to the hockey game virtually next door at the American Airlines Center. I used an SNA which cleared a few days out for a Marvelous Suite. The suite itself was very spacious and in good shape while the view was not so much as we were put on the 5th floor with a view of the adjacent roof and parking garage. Given our short stay here, this was not a big issue.

I selected free breakfast as the platinum amenity which was good for a $30 credit at the restaurant in the hotel. Breakfast was decent and with the 18% mandatory gratuity which I have experienced at other hotels while selecting the free breakfast, it came out to around $50 bucks for two meals and two juices.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool but went up there to check out the view which was fantastic and valet service was prompt.

I'm not sure that this place is worth paying double or even triple compared to other SPG hotels in the Dallas area (we paid $68 at the Element DFW on the previous night), it is definitely a good location if going to an event at the AA Center or anywhere nearby.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:27 am

Does anyone have any recent experience of the W Dallas - Victory with regards to Platinum treatment? What's the Plat breakfast like and how are they with room upgrades?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Does anyone have any recent experience of the W Dallas - Victory with regards to Platinum treatment? What's the Plat breakfast like and how are they with room upgrades?
Dunno about breakfast as I always take the points... Upgraded to a Marvelous Suite on a Sunday not long ago. Absolutely LOVE the property and all the integrated Texas decor. Looking forward to a stay in November.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:06 pm

I'm not finding any good rates (sub $200) at this property and they don't offer Government rates. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.