Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 11:08 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by chenalex
I'm staying at the hotel right now and it's easily one of the top hotels ive ever stayed at. Location and service is impeccable, and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was curious though, the kimono robes that they provide, are they free for us to take home??
I don't think you can take home the Japanese style bath robes or towels.... Perhaps you can buy one
Old May 29, 2017, 11:13 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'm staying at the hotel right now and it's easily one of the top hotels ive ever stayed at. Location and service is impeccable, and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was curious though, the kimono robes that they provide, are they free for us to take home??
They're called Yukatas, and you're not meant to take them home. That said—it's not likely that anything happens if you do.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:57 pm

No they are not free to take home with you.

Please don't take them without permission - they will quote you a charge for it and then you can decide to pay for them or not.

Think of it like the nice bathrobes at other high end hotels - if you want it they are available at a charge.

If you stay at a ryokan it's the same thing - please do not take them home with you.

If you really like wearing yukata then you can ask the Concierge for local stores where you can purchase nice ones! ^
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
No they are not free to take home with you.

Please don't take them without permission - they will quote you a charge for it and then you can decide to pay for them or not.

Think of it like the nice bathrobes at other high end hotels - if you want it they are available at a charge.

If you stay at a ryokan it's the same thing - please do not take them home with you.

If you really like wearing yukata then you can ask the Concierge for local stores where you can purchase nice ones! ^
I am currently at the Westin Tokyo and they have the yukatas in the room too. In the lobby they have a display with the Westin White Tea products, robes, and yukatas. For those wonder the price of the yukatas here are 4428 JPY.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I ended up leaving them and buying a set at another store. Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
quick simply, this hotel is amazing. i have stayed at many hotels before (i've been spg platinum for most of the last 10 years) but the service here is better than any hotel i have stayed at.

the staff just bends over backwards for you every time you walk by or need anything.

before my stay i emailed the concierge to make some dinner reservations for me and they did so. when i checked in the concierge came to the front desk to hand me an envelope with printouts of all of the reservations as well as pictures and instructions for some of the harder to find restaurants.

the woman that greets you took me to my room and showed me how the doors and stuff work.

like pretty much everyone in japan, they do this because that's how they do their job. they don't seem to take tips. i offered and they kind of just shrugged it off saying no.

when i walk into the hotel on the 2nd floor after getting off a cab, a woman goes to the elevator to push the button for me to call one. when it arrives, she pushes the button in there to take me over to the lobby. she then bows as the door closes.

every time i walk by the front desk they bow and greet me.

this is crazy good service. it's to the point where i kind of feel a little weird as if i want to say something like "look y'all, i'm just a regular guy...no need to treat me this well."

the only issue with this hotel is that it's so new that most taxi drivers have no idea where it is or how to get there. coming from the airport i had big bags and it was kind of a pain lugging my bags around while trying to find the hotel. there is an entrance but it's kind of hard to find and depending on where you are coming from, you either drive up to level 2 and drop off there or you seemingly go down to the basement levels to drop people off but it's the same place.

anyway, i haven't been to tokyo before so i don't have any experience with other hotels but i had a reservation at the westin as well for my last day and i canceled it to just stay here one more night.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Don't tip in Japan.. You're giving foreigners a bad name lol...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Finished up a 5 night stay at the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho a few days ago.

Overall, excellent stay and will be my go-to in Tokyo. I've stayed at the Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt in suites as a point of comparison.

Booking
I booked using points before the category increase, so the stay was only 80K points for 5 nights. Room rates were around 38K yen / night + tax as the stay approached. I successfully used SNAs (which I've historically had terrible luck clearing) to upgrade from a base room into a Kioi Suite 5 days in advance. My Ambassador said the SNA was also applied to the Designer Suite, which showed available. I didn't ask about switching since the Kioi suite looked more appealing in pictures (I didn't like the idea of stairs up to the bed and such a large bedroom). The Kioi suite was going for over 150K yen + tax / night, which made for one of my best redemptions ever.

Service
We took the Airport Limo bus directly from NRT, which took about 1.5 hours. Check-in was pretty quick and we were told about the amenities. Everyone was incredibly friendly and bowed whenever we walked by. We felt like royalty when we left the hotel and caught a taxi with handoff after handoff from hotel staff. Overall, the service was outstanding. The only areas for improvement would be better English (noticeable difference while now staying at the Grand Hyatt) and improved service at Breakfast in the morning.

Room
The Kioi suite is basically a deluxe corner room + 1/2 bath in entry way hallway + separate living room at the end of the hall. The suite is quite segmented because of the hallway and we almost never used the living room since the bedroom has essentially a small living room with a couch next to the bed area. The views are INCREDIBLE. The bathroom is also incredible with a TV and great views.

The bed was soft and very comfortable, which isn't always the case in Japan. The room was very high tech with buttons to control everything throughout the rooms and next to the bed. There were icons, so the buttons were very easy to figure out. There was also an iPad with controls, but we didn't use it much. The art was also very nice throughout the hotel and descriptions are provided on the iPad.

Facilities
We had access to the club lounge, which was small but rarely crowded. We didn't use for breakfast since we had access to the restaurant as SPG plat. There was a good evening spread and drinks. Much calmer than the lounge at the Grand Hyatt.

We also had free access to the pool and gym (I believe the gym is available to anyone). The pool was very nice for lap swimming. The gym was also very nice. We didn't use the spa facilities. Note that the fitness area is only staffed 630 am to 10 PM but the gym is open 24/7 using a key card.

Breakfast
As an SPG plat, we were able to take breakfast in the Oasis Garden restaurant near the lobby. We had a choice of tea or coffee, eggs, and then the buffet. The buffet was very good with pancakes, fruit, pastries, cheese, salads, etc. One of the better buffets I've had in Asia. The service wasn't very proactive once you ordered and we often had to flag someone down to get more tea or coffee, which was promptly brought. The views from the restaurant are great. We never had to sign anything, just provide our room number at the entrance. We had no charges when we checked out.

Area
We liked the area, which was crowded with business people during the week. The Park Hyatt felt far away from everything whereas there were lots of food options nearby here in the large office building, including Starbucks. There are several subway stops in the building or nearby, which made it very convenient to get throughout the city. It was about a 30-40 minute walk to Ginza. We like that the area doesn't feel too touristy like Roppongi.

In summary, this is a great hotel that we would've enjoyed even without the Suite. The location is good, the facilities are incredible, and the service is great. The hotel is a luxury hotel, but a bit more laid back than the elegance that is still the Park Hyatt. It's unfortunate that this is now at Category 7, so we would look to pay cash with 4th night free in the future since rates can be had less than $400/night.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by huayuanstar
The rooms have amazing views where you can see the entire city. Here's a night view from our room (below).
huayuanstar - wondering if you remember your room number or what direction your room was facing for this picture?

Staying at the Prince Gallery in a couple weeks and have been trying to figure out if the Sumida River Fireworks will be visible from the hotel? They go off right next to the Skytree, which I am assuming is that tower on the right side of your photo. I think the fireworks stay pretty low, but heading out to Asakusa with a million people is probably not in the works, so anything we can see from the hotel would be better than nothing.

Comparing your picture to other views I have found online makes me think they would be visible from this room/rooms on that side.

Last edited by dbuckho; Jul 14, 2017 at 8:16 am Reason: Added link to the picture earlier in this thread
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:52 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dbuckho
huayuanstar - wondering if you remember your room number or what direction your room was facing for this picture?

Staying at the Prince Gallery in a couple weeks and have been trying to figure out if the Sumida River Fireworks will be visible from the hotel? They go off right next to the Skytree, which I am assuming is that tower on the right side of your photo. I think the fireworks stay pretty low, but heading out to Asakusa with a million people is probably not in the works, so anything we can see from the hotel would be better than nothing.

Comparing your picture to other views I have found online makes me think they would be visible from this room/rooms on that side.
I don't know the room numbers, but I suspect you wouldn't be able to see much. Even the Shibuya area is at a decent distance when you look out from the hotel, and Skytree is a good deal farther away than that. The gym looks in the direction of Skytree and I don't recall the Skytree tower itself having any prominence in the view from there.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
I don't know the room numbers, but I suspect you wouldn't be able to see much. Even the Shibuya area is at a decent distance when you look out from the hotel, and Skytree is a good deal farther away than that. The gym looks in the direction of Skytree and I don't recall the Skytree tower itself having any prominence in the view from there.
The concierge replied with a similar answer - fireworks will not be visible - but then you see the first picture on their Prince Hotels website which shows the Skytree dead on in the distance and then huayuanstar's picture in this thread (which I have now linked in my question) and there is the Skytree (I think - or am I confusing with another tower?). That is why I posted to ask those who have been there. Maybe something with the perspective and zoom of these pictures - to the human eye everything would be much smaller than what these show? But these two pics tell me on a clear day the fireworks should be visible (even if I need binoculars to enjoy them!).
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:48 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The concierge replied with a similar answer - fireworks will not be visible - but then you see the first picture on their Prince Hotels website which shows the Skytree dead on in the distance and then huayuanstar's picture in this thread (which I have now linked in my question) and there is the Skytree (I think - or am I confusing with another tower?). That is why I posted to ask those who have been there. Maybe something with the perspective and zoom of these pictures - to the human eye everything would be much smaller than what these show? But these two pics tell me on a clear day the fireworks should be visible (even if I need binoculars to enjoy them!).
The tower in that picture is not the Skytree, that is Tokyo Tower. The picture on the homepage faces south.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:01 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
There's two towers in Tokyo: the Skytree and the Tokyo Tower. The Tokyo Tower is the one that looks like a red Eiffel Tower, and it's quite close to the hotel. The main lobby bar and the club lounge face south, towards the Tokyo Tower. The Skytree is visible from the hotel in the east direction. You'd be able to see it from the restaurant to the left of the lobby, from spa's men's section, or from a east-facing room. I've stayed in rooms facing each direction of the hotel at this point; but if you check out the last picture in my first review, you can see the view from a east-facing room including the Skytree. It's visible and not blocked, but quite far in the distance. (Sorry—bad quality iPhone shot)

You could check out the Rooftop bar at the Andaz Hotel nearby, too. It's at the top of the tallest building in Tokyo, and it has a corner view of the Skytree as well in a bar environment. The main "Tavern" bar at the Andaz also has a Skytree view.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
The Skytree is visible from the hotel in the east direction. You'd be able to see it from the restaurant to the left of the lobby, from spa's men's section, or from a east-facing room. I've stayed in rooms facing each direction of the hotel at this point; but if you check out the last picture in my first review, you can see the view from a east-facing room including the Skytree. It's visible and not blocked, but quite far in the distance.
Originally Posted by helvetic
You could check out the Rooftop bar at the Andaz Hotel nearby, too.
Thanks for the confirmation - I had missed your picture earlier in the thread -- and the tip on the Andaz.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:37 pm

Sna

I made a booking here for 2 nights in September. I have applied SNA to the res, I was wanting to know should I only select the higher room types or all three and I will get the best room that's open as I prefer the larger suites. Lastly I'm greatly looking forward to the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.