Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by Sohan
Are the benefits in the Wiki still the same at the hotel or have they changed due to covid?

Anyone have experience with upgrades there recently?

Some great package deals there right now inc. hotel credit and daily bonus points.
Everything the same but no lounge access, you can enjoy club access at the Zest Bar. You can pick 2 a-lar-carte menu/pax from the seasonal taste for evening cocktails, they are running French theme at the moment. For upgrade it is possible but difficult as they only open 2 floors for non-ASQ guest (or even 1 now I think)
Sohan and FQ415 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Checked in, no upgrade despite suites showing available. Asked about an upgrade and they said they would give me one later durning my stay.

No local gift was available, so they just gave points at check in. No letter regarding any Bonvoy benefits etc.

For the current price, it's quiet a good deal with the daily credits.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have not stayed at this property in quite some time but have always liked to pop into Zest Bar as the service has always been very good and I it is a fairly lively place typically. This may be known by many but I did not know it, you get a discount as a Bonvoy Member even if you aren't staying there. I knew from previous Marriott property stays that was somewhat common if you were staying there but didn't know it was a thing if you weren't In my case, it worked out to be 20% as a Titanium. Sorry if the rest of the world knew this but me but thought I would post the info!
Pitero likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:49 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Good catch. Earning points on F&B is global but these discounts are part of an Asia program/benefit. More info at this website:
https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/r+b/benefits
mcgahat and Pitero like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Good catch. Earning points on F&B is global but these discounts are part of an Asia program/benefit. More info at this website:
https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/r+b/benefits
Thank you very much! I didn't know about this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Quick Recap: Early December

First Marriott hotel in Bangkok I've been to with no ground floor checkin as the lobby is on the 7th floor with a separate bank past the checkin desks for rooms/suites (to be fair only 6 so far, 7 if you include StR for drinks but I digress)

Was led up to the 7th for check in passing Zest and Kisso. No wait for check in. Was described and given a letter with Titanium benefits and was thoroughly explained how every single things works at nauseum. The only personal issue I currently have would be the lack of 24 hour in room dining. With the last order at 22:30 and bars open till around 1 I'll have to do some planning especially if I end up with company and they are peckish at a late hour.

No uograde and I was looking amd just booked this 2 days prior so maybe dates maybe the hotel. So upgrade from base to premium King. Yeah honestly not sure how this is am LC. Underwhelming to say the least at last the cost is kind of reflective. For instance is says push/pull on the executive floor King shower door....

6-8pm is the cocktails hour at Zest on the 7th floor with afternoon tea from 2-4pm. Seems like a nice place though quite dangerous to have a sushi restaurant right next to the area where there is happy hour 😄.

So 2 food items per person with free flow alcohol, with the food items chosen from the appetizer menu. I went meat heavy with a slider (has to medium, nothing rarer) and some sate. Both were tasty. As for drinks there's 5 cocktails an Australian cuvee for sparkling and one choice each for white/red. Beers available Singha, Heineken and Chang. For juices it was Apple /Orange/Guava & Pineapple.

Edit: After another 1nighter I'm really not sure how I thought this was part of LC, which it's clearly not but somehow I managed to think so. Things make more sense now.
jaejaez and goodeats21 like this.

Last edited by reggiekush; Dec 20, 2021 at 1:56 am
Old Dec 11, 2021, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by reggiekush
First Marriott hotel in Bangkok I've been to with no ground floor checkin as the lobby is on the 7th floor with a separate bank past the checkin desks for rooms/suites (to be fair only 6 so far, 7 if you include StR for drinks but I digress)

Was led up to the 7th for check in passing Zest and Kisso. No wait for check in. Was described and given a letter with Titanium benefits and was thoroughly explained how every single things works at nauseum. The only personal issue I currently have would be the lack of 24 hour in room dining. With the last order at 22:30 and bars open till around 1 I'll have to do some planning especially if I end up with company and they are peckish at a late hour.

No uograde and I was looking amd just booked this 2 days prior so maybe dates maybe the hotel. So upgrade from base to premium King. Yeah honestly not sure how this is am LC. Underwhelming to say the least at last the cost is kind of reflective. For instance is says push/pull on the executive floor King shower door....

6-8pm is the cocktails hour at Zest on the 7th floor with afternoon tea from 2-4pm. Seems like a nice place though quite dangerous to have a sushi restaurant right next to the area where there is happy hour 😄.

So 2 food items per person with free flow alcohol, with the food items chosen from the appetizer menu. I went meat heavy with a slider (has to medium, nothing rarer) and some sate. Both were tasty. As for drinks there's 5 cocktails an Australian cuvee for sparkling and one choice each for white/red. Beers available Singha, Heineken and Chang. For juices it was Apple /Orange/Guava & Pineapple.
I've stayed there recently a few times with no upgrades since things have picked up. Suites are booked solid. Kind of a shame if the menu is limited to appetizers as previously it was 2 items of the full menu. Still a great hotel/location. Kind of due a refurb but the pricing reflects that.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by Sohan
I've stayed there recently a few times with no upgrades since things have picked up. Suites are booked solid. Kind of a shame if the menu is limited to appetizers as previously it was 2 items of the full menu. Still a great hotel/location. Kind of due a refurb but the pricing reflects that.
Yes it seems both the Westin and Sheraton are booked of their suites, at least for next weekend. I'll be honest I had trouble keeping the climate cool enough for my liking so I checked out in the middle of the night and headed to StR for the remainder of it as I was somewhat sure they would have no troubles keeping my room cool.
zzap likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:17 am

a perfectly fine hotel

i just enjoyed a fine stay at the westin grande. it was my first time here having stayed at all the other marriott properties in bangkok before (except the four points). i used an SNA for an upgrade which was approved a week out to a deluxe king suite on the club floor. the room decor is a little outdated but nothing to whine about, certainly. also note that the club lounge is open again as of jan 1. the happy hour offering was fine with several selections of decent food and nibbles, including particularly decent pizza. the buffet breakfast at seasonal tastes was okay (with what seemed like a bit of a limited offering) but nothing to write home about. my (quite reasonable) rate included a 1,000 baht credit (along with 3,000 bonus points) so i enjoyed a quite decent japanese bento lunch at kisso restaurant. the price was rather high (just over 1,000 baht for a *massive* bento and pepsi) but i cannot complain. overall, as you can see, this is the theme of my stay: perfectly cromulent if not exactly exciting, but nothing to complain about.

well… one thing to complain about. the d-bag guest in the lounge who was having a ridiculously loud conversation on his mobile phone while wearing very thin shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops hanging off his toes as he extended his nasty basically-bare feet into the walkway between tables. just disgusting. and not unlike d-bag #2 at the sheraton grande a couple weeks ago who basically exhibited the same behavior and dressed the same way at the living room during elite happy hour. just gross. part of me wishes the hotels would institute dress codes for these things but i would feel *horrible* for the poor employees who would be responsible for enforcing it. overall would be a lot better if people weren’t d-bags, but there you go.

enough complaining. here are some pics.

deluxe suite living area

deluxe suite living area part deux

deluxe suite bedroom

deluxe suite bathroom

deluxe suite bathroom

club lounge happy hour

club lounge happy hour

club lounge happy hour

kisso restaurant bento lunch

bonvoy elite letter
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reggiekush
First Marriott hotel in Bangkok I've been to with no ground floor checkin as the lobby is on the 7th floor with a separate bank past the checkin desks for rooms/suites
It is a rebranded hotel. It was not originally a Starwood hotel.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I think it was called the Grand Pacific Hotel at one point. Many years ago I was there singing in the top floor karaoke bar ... while I was staying at the old Siam InterContinental Hotel (Now the Siam Paragon Shopping mall)
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:57 pm

Those pictures came out great. Makes it look like they had a refurbishment haha.
pablos likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:21 am

Unfortunately the review is incomplete - without pictures of said d-bag guests
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Looks like they have opened up the floors with suites then. I stayed there in Apr 2021, then no upgrade was given as most of the floors were for ASQ guests, incl suites and as normal guest they gave no upgrade.

Is lounge having pizza as only hot food option?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Unfortunately the review is incomplete - without pictures of said d-bag guests
haha, believe you me i was very tempted to take pictures to shame but alas...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.