Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Whistler Resort & Spa, B.C. Canada 2006 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Whistler Resort & Spa, B.C. Canada 2006 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:14 pm

Updating my previous post after another stay here the first weekend of April. I was again upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite, though this time to a larger room in the east tower, compared to the one I had in the west tower in February. I asked for a late check out via the chat function on the app on the morning after check-in and I was promptly offered 3pm - checking out on a Monday likely helped with that as it didn't appear the hotel was particularly busy that day. It worked out well as there was 50cm of new snow on my last morning, so I was able to ski that day until 2:30, and still have time for a quick shower before catching the shuttle back to the city.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Just got this ~18hours after making a points reservation:
Good Day,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler for your lodging needs.

At this time, we would like to advise you of the following information regarding your Marriott Bonvoy Redemption Stay:

As per the Cancellation/No Show Policy for Marriott Bonvoy Redemption Stays, the cancellation policy for all Redemption Stays for our property is 21 days prior to arrival.

As such, if you cancel your reservation within the 21 days prior to your arrival date or the reservation is a no-show, you will be charged a cancellation fee.

Please see below for the nightly fee that will be charged.

This fee is calculated depending on your reserved check-in date.

16th December – 2nd January:

If the day you have reserved to check-in is between 16th December – 2nd January this amount is $899 CAD per night plus 5% taxes.

For example, if you have reserved 3 nights from 16th December to 19th December but you cancel the booking within 21 days of arrival, you will be charged $899 per night + 5% taxes totaling $2831.85.

2nd January– 31st March:

If the day you have reserved to check-in is between 2nd January – 31st March this amount is $499 CAD per night plus 5% taxes.

For example, if you have reserved 3 nights from 2nd January to 5th January but you cancel the booking within 21 days of arrival, you will be charged $499 per night + 5% taxes totaling $1571.85.

1st April – 15th December:

If the day you have reserved to check-in is between 1st April– 15th December this amount is $279 CAD per night plus 5% taxes

For example, if you have reserved 3 nights from 1st April to 4th April but you cancel the booking within 21 days of arrival, you will be charged $279 per night + 5% taxes totaling $878.85.

The total amount of points will be returned to your account upon cancelling.

For detailed information regarding property category level and other Redemption information please visit the property online at www.marriott.com.

Haven't had a message like this for a points reservation before. Particularly the cash payment for cancellation. I've previously tried to cancel with them within 21 days and even the Ambassadors weren't able to resolve without losing all the points (though changing the reservation was allowed, so that solved my issue).
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Just got this ~18hours after making a points reservation:

Haven't had a message like this for a points reservation before. Particularly the cash payment for cancellation. I've previously tried to cancel with them within 21 days and even the Ambassadors weren't able to resolve without losing all the points (though changing the reservation was allowed, so that solved my issue).
I think this is similar to other years, although they never reached out to me this proactively.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Just noticed a change to my upcoming points stay that has me quite unhappy. Booked a 1 bedroom suite for 5 nights a few months back. Paid an extra 264,000 points for the 1 bedroom suite instead of the studio suite (544,000 total points). Had a confirmation email showing 1 bedroom studio suite. Everytime I looked at website it showed 1 bedroom suite.

Now, just a couple of days prior to departure, my reservation on the website shows as having been changed to a studio suite. Being Christmas day, Bonvoy customer service can't do much. Asked that I call them back tomorrow. Hopefully they find a resolution, but given how full things are at Whistler (peak season), I'm not sure they'll be able to do much.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:43 am

Just finished a great stay here.

Booked the cheapest base room and upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite as a Platinum.

3 PM late checkout request granted

After fiddling around with the TV, and having a technician come up to the room to try to get the Chromecast working was told that the hotel disabled Chromecast as they were having too many issues with it, so can only use the built Netflix and Youtube apps on the TV.

I had a bit of an uneven stay my first stay here a few years ago, but every stay since has been really great, and I would say the Westin now is my preferred place to stay in Whistler.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
It seems like the Westin has stopped charging $30/night for ski storage, if you're in a studio.

If they ever start doing that again, there is free day and night ski storage at the base of Whistler. It's between the base of the Blackcomb gondola and base of the chairlift.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
Is there free parking for plats at this Westin?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by smes
Is there free parking for plats at this Westin?
no free parking for platinum

parking was 34 for self park or 38 for valet last ski season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.