Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:34 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Yeah, but the suites are pretty tiny.
Like everything, it depends...

The 2 room suite that I received was absolutely gi-normous.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Yeah, but the suites are pretty tiny.
Tiny? Are you serious? I've never been in a "tiny" suite in this property.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Nor have I. Maybe he was thinking of the original W in NYC? Those are tiny suites.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Originally Posted by stimpy
Nor have I. Maybe he was thinking of the original W in NYC? Those are tiny suites.
They feel like a regular-sized hotel room, but with a wall in between so they can add a living room. The bathrooms were large, though. Maybe I expected extended-stay suites size.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They feel like a regular-sized hotel room, but with a wall in between so they can add a living room. The bathrooms were large, though. Maybe I expected extended-stay suites size.
Every suite I have had there has been extremely large. Not at all like a regular room. I'm not saying that small suites don't exist there, but a Platinum member should never see them. I haven't seen any on dozens of stays ever since the place opened back in the 90's.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:00 am

Every suite I have had there has been extremely large. Not at all like a regular room. I'm not saying that small suites don't exist there, but a Platinum member should never see them. I haven't seen any on dozens of stays ever since the place opened back in the 90's.
Well then, you sir, are very fortunate to be a platinum member. I am not. I was graced with the privilege of seeing a small suite.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:07 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
...I'm not saying that small suites don't exist there, but a Platinum member should never see them...
Sorry...based upon what logic?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Sorry...based upon what logic?
Based on my vast experience with this hotel. They always, IME, upgrade me, and plenty of others in this thread, to very large suites. Sometimes Penthouse. Of course it is based on availability, but I've always been well taken care of even when the hotel is full.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:13 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Based on my vast experience with this hotel. They always, IME, upgrade me, and plenty of others in this thread, to very large suites. Sometimes Penthouse. Of course it is based on availability, but I've always been well taken care of even when the hotel is full.
Well, based upon their obligations, all they have to offer any Platinum member as a complimentary upgrade to a suite is the one attached to their lowest category suite award. Nice that they go above and beyond...well, not really because that obviously creates an atmosphere of entitlement beyond what the T&C's allow for...but if a small suite is all there is, that's all there is, so this logic is flawed.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Nice that they go above and beyond...well, not really because that obviously creates an atmosphere of entitlement beyond what the T&C's allow for.
I would say that is a false entitlement. And the hotel has zero obligation to recognize that. The real problem is not the hotels that give nice upgrades to their regular guests. The real problem is the hotels that give in to the un-entitled whiners. That seems to happen all too often with many Starwood hotels.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I would say that is a false entitlement. And the hotel has zero obligation to recognize that. The real problem is not the hotels that give nice upgrades to their regular guests. The real problem is the hotels that give in to the un-entitled whiners. That seems to happen all too often with many Starwood hotels.
Actually, I don't mind a little false "entitlement". Just like the Diplomat or Westin River North or Peachtree Center, they upgrade platinum member to suites well above the select standard.

However, I do agree that many - I see a suite online, you need to upgrade me - whiners are compensated with suite, just to shut them up, granted they do not know what category that suite showing online is.

In many instances its a no win situation. Does a property only upgraded within the published benefits, or do we go above and beyond if the room is available?

Either way...someone will complain!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:50 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Just wrapping up a stay here. I was upgraded to a standard suite on the third floor. Nice room, but views of fences and a car park made it cave-like as the suites at Le Westin Montreal. No actual sunlight in the room. W/E. I went back to my room after attending the VFOP, and the bedroom was the coldest part of the suite. I tried to crank up the thermostat, but it was already set at 80f. It got colder and colder throughout the night. I woke up an hour ago and called the Whatever Whenever desk. They asked me for my wish, and I replied that "I wish for the heat to be turned on in my room." It seems like it is a complaint they are painfully aware of as the tech brought a space heater before turning up the thermostats to 90f. The room is at 65f now, but it was 52f in the room this morning. I can only imagine how the AC works in the summer.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Two questions and an FYI

Question 1: Is the hotel walkable from the Westwood Flyaway?
Question 2: Anyone used the Acura car service lately? Are there general limits on where they will take you?
FYI: SPG50 works here! And for real savings on some of the more expensive suites.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Alpha
Question 1: Is the hotel walkable from the Westwood Flyaway?
Question 2: Anyone used the Acura car service lately? Are there general limits on where they will take you?
FYI: SPG50 works here! And for real savings on some of the more expensive suites.
Re: 1, certainly. It is ~10 min away and a fairly easy walk. Havent used the Acura service here, sorry.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The fact is the hotel has very few wonderful rooms and nearly everybody that has any kind of status gets upgraded to at least a spectacular suite. It is just the way the hotel is set up. Most people probably pay for a wonderful room and thus I have been in line many times and have seen golds upgraded as there are no more wonderfuls left. I've stayed 40+ times and sometimes did just get a spectacular but mostly because I didn't want to wait until later in the afternoon to get a fabulous suite or the higher floor rooms were already taken. I have also gotten upgraded to the Wow Suites a couple times.

The cost difference is not that great between one category and the next so it is not that much more to get a fabulous suite if you want to guarantee more space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.