Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by bylin2000
is it true that the platinum member 20% food and beverage discount is no longer available?
currently there is F&B program: prepay $300 per day and you get $350. Saves you $50 per day.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:30 pm

We'll be out there 14th - 25th - very excited to check this property out. If any other groups are there at that time and are interested in going in on a sunset cruise or chartering Norma or similar activities, shoot me a message.
sighos likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Can someone tell me whats included in the bathroom amenities? I was watching a YouTube video and it appeared that there were small cans of shaving gel as well as mouth wash?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buddman
Can someone tell me whats included in the bathroom amenities? I was watching a YouTube video and it appeared that there were small cans of shaving gel as well as mouth wash?
Yes, and toothbrush and sewing kit iirc.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: American CK, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by BR787
Yes, and toothbrush and sewing kit iirc.

what we have in the bathroom
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyforwork
Hi all. Wife and I are here for 2 weeks. Arrived today. Awesome so far! Ask anything. Will post reviews, comments, observations periodically.
Can you confirm if they still provide complimentary straw sun hats found in the closets? Thx
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by KiwiSlug
Can you confirm if they still provide complimentary straw sun hats found in the closets? Thx
I didn't see any straw hats. They do provide a straw bag for beach stuff.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by KiwiSlug
Unfortunately, at the moment, they've run out of straw hats.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We'll be there 14th to 19th if anyone is interested in sharing some activities. I'm not sure yet what we'll be doing though and I guess it depends on the weather. We have OWV - any tips on which one to ask for? I'm Titanium. It's also going to be my SO birthday celebration and thus I wonder if it's worth it to have one of those special dinners they are offering? Also any idea how much they charge for a bottle of Champagne (I'm not talking Dom but something reasonably good)? The beverage menu does not open for me.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by outgoing
We'll be there 14th to 19th if anyone is interested in sharing some activities. <snip>
See post 5927 above by kadabra9
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
I know in the US most "delivery fee/ service fees" are scams and go to the hotel. Anyone know about here at the maldives? Not sure if/ how much tipping is customary here.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by cyb2888
I know in the US most "delivery fee/ service fees" are scams and go to the hotel. Anyone know about here at the maldives? Not sure if/ how much tipping is customary here.
I asked one of the team members. They saidbthe 10% service fee goes into a shared pool for the department. Any tips on top of that go directly to them. At least that is what they shared with me.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyforwork
I asked one of the team members. They saidbthe 10% service fee goes into a shared pool for the department. Any tips on top of that go directly to them. At least that is what they shared with me.
thanks for that info. I had room service and wasn't sure how much to tip if any. Went with 10% but I'm glad to know the fee is actually going to the workers
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by cyb2888
thanks for that info. I had room service and wasn't sure how much to tip if any. Went with 10% but I'm glad to know the fee is actually going to the workers
I did the same on every check. Then left cash for housekeeper and butler.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by kadabra9
We'll be out there 14th - 25th - very excited to check this property out. If any other groups are there at that time and are interested in going in on a sunset cruise or chartering Norma or similar activities, shoot me a message.
Hey kadabra9 sent you a DM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.