Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
Not bad if these prices are in coins/cents.

thank you for sharing!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:41 pm

How do you book a sunset OWV with points? Right now it appears that points can only be used to book an OWV without any specification of a sunset view, ocean view, lagoon view, etc. For us, privacy is the most important factor. Is there any way to have a guaranteed ocean view OWV on a reservation booked with points? We will be traveling during peak season, so we'd rather not play the check-in roulette.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by stylnator
How do you book a sunset OWV with points? Right now it appears that points can only be used to book an OWV without any specification of a sunset view, ocean view, lagoon view, etc. For us, privacy is the most important factor. Is there any way to have a guaranteed ocean view OWV on a reservation booked with points? We will be traveling during peak season, so we'd rather not play the check-in roulette.
ocean view villas will mostly be facing into the island with a few facing into the water but believe those are mostly the suites. To get sunset you might have to pay a premium on top of points (used to be <$100 a night but now might be $250-300 a night). The villas facing the island are still private-ish as they’re so far away from the island but personally I enjoy the sunset villas to look into the water and for the typically warmer pool.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
ocean view villas will mostly be facing into the island with a few facing into the water but believe those are mostly the suites. To get sunset you might have to pay a premium on top of points (used to be <$100 a night but now might be $250-300 a night). The villas facing the island are still private-ish as they’re so far away from the island but personally I enjoy the sunset villas to look into the water and for the typically warmer pool.
Thanks for pointing this out, I didn’t realize even the ocean view villas would also face the island! I guess that leaves us with the SOWV for maximum privacy, but can you book the SOWV ahead of time on a reservation booked with points? We’d be spending over 1 million points so we don’t want to gamble on getting an upgrade at checkout — we’d like to secure it ahead of time if possible. Not sure how to do this, though.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
can you book the SOWV ahead of time on a reservation booked with points?
Yes, depending on availability; at least in the past.
I can't seem to find points availability for the SOWV when searching a range of different dates today.
You can also email them and inquire how much it would be to upgrade your booking.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:00 am

Information on the renovations that were completed

https://flitmaldives.com/st-regis-ma...e-experiences/The award winning 5-star property, The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort announces the unveiling of new and exquisite experiences as it resumed operations on 16thJuly, following a brief 45-day closure for a property rejuvenation. The highly anticipated reopening of the Vommuli Island Resort welcomed guests back to Maldives’ finest address where the highest standard of luxury, hospitality, and unforgettable moments await.

With the goal of refining the guest experience, accommodations underwent an attractive refreshment with an installation of new wood, roofs, decks, and paint finishes. The appealing property changes were conceived to match and enhance the unparalleled excellence of the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli’s signature services, world-class amenities, and superior program offerings.

The general manager at the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Vincent Pauchon, has said that “We are thrilled to welcome our valued guests back to paradise as we introduce new and opulent innovations to Vommuli Island. We have taken this time to thoughtfully reconceive our programming putting a special emphasis on fresh, unique concepts in the health & wellness, lifestyle, food & beverage, and sustainability spaces.”

Following the property enhancements, guests can expect an elevated and impeccable private island stay that is emblematic of the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli. For added allure, extensions for ALBA beach and all beach villas have been completed. Furthermore, a reef breaker has been installed in the lagoon, creating calmer waters for guests staying in overwater villas, recreational water activities, and to aid in reef rejuvenation, among other purposes.

In addition to the resort’s property updates, the world-renowned Iridium Spa, has introduced an Ayurveda Monsoon Stay package targeting those seeking extravagant wellness offerings complete with opulent, top of the line treatments during the monsoon season, when the benefits of Ayurveda are greater than ever. An exclusive Art Retreat will also be launched by the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli. Cocktail connoisseurs and travelers alike are sure to appreciate the uniquely distinctive, new Bar Program, set to unveil in August.

Moreover, the 5-star property is further enriching its impressive culinary concepts with the introduction of a new restaurant concept, T-Pan. Slated for its grand opening in November, T-Pan will offer Omakase menus with flavors of the finest ingredients from the Maldives and around the globe. Guests can enjoy exquisite Japanese whiskies and the finest collections of gins, beers, and specially curated tasting flights, meticulously directed by the chief mixologist. Teas from Boutique Japanese tea houses and bespoke Sakes from the world-famous Sake house Dassai are also must-have indulgences to be enjoyed above the rest.

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort is set on more than 22-acres with the resort’s 77 otherworldly villas scattered through the island each offering a plunge pool and private entrance for an unparalleled degree of seclusion and privacy. The premium two and three bedroom villas are perfectly poised for families and groups looking for a destination retreat to escape to.
Werty7777 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:06 am

We have a reservation for 5 nights starting January 6th. Hope someone posts photos of the renovations soon.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Huntah
https://flitmaldives.com/st-regis-ma...e-experiences/The award winning 5-star property, The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort announces the unveiling of new and exquisite experiences as it resumed operations on 16thJuly, following a brief 45-day closure for a property rejuvenation. The highly anticipated reopening of the Vommuli Island Resort welcomed guests back to Maldives’ finest address where the highest standard of luxury, hospitality, and unforgettable moments await.

With the goal of refining the guest experience, accommodations underwent an attractive refreshment with an installation of new wood, roofs, decks, and paint finishes. The appealing property changes were conceived to match and enhance the unparalleled excellence of the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli’s signature services, world-class amenities, and superior program offerings.

The general manager at the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Vincent Pauchon, has said that “We are thrilled to welcome our valued guests back to paradise as we introduce new and opulent innovations to Vommuli Island. We have taken this time to thoughtfully reconceive our programming putting a special emphasis on fresh, unique concepts in the health & wellness, lifestyle, food & beverage, and sustainability spaces.”

Following the property enhancements, guests can expect an elevated and impeccable private island stay that is emblematic of the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli. For added allure, extensions for ALBA beach and all beach villas have been completed. Furthermore, a reef breaker has been installed in the lagoon, creating calmer waters for guests staying in overwater villas, recreational water activities, and to aid in reef rejuvenation, among other purposes.

In addition to the resort’s property updates, the world-renowned Iridium Spa, has introduced an Ayurveda Monsoon Stay package targeting those seeking extravagant wellness offerings complete with opulent, top of the line treatments during the monsoon season, when the benefits of Ayurveda are greater than ever. An exclusive Art Retreat will also be launched by the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli. Cocktail connoisseurs and travelers alike are sure to appreciate the uniquely distinctive, new Bar Program, set to unveil in August.

Moreover, the 5-star property is further enriching its impressive culinary concepts with the introduction of a new restaurant concept, T-Pan. Slated for its grand opening in November, T-Pan will offer Omakase menus with flavors of the finest ingredients from the Maldives and around the globe. Guests can enjoy exquisite Japanese whiskies and the finest collections of gins, beers, and specially curated tasting flights, meticulously directed by the chief mixologist. Teas from Boutique Japanese tea houses and bespoke Sakes from the world-famous Sake house Dassai are also must-have indulgences to be enjoyed above the rest.

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort is set on more than 22-acres with the resort’s 77 otherworldly villas scattered through the island each offering a plunge pool and private entrance for an unparalleled degree of seclusion and privacy. The premium two and three bedroom villas are perfectly poised for families and groups looking for a destination retreat to escape to.
New bar program? "Cocktail connoisseurs and travelers alike are sure to appreciate the uniquely distinctive, new Bar Program, set to unveil in August." - wonder what that means for the Alba Bar / Whale Bar - is it just a cocktail class?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:28 pm

I’m nearing booking here. I’ve been to maldives before just not here.

For anyone even remotely thinking of diving get your cert. Diving off Maldives is like jumping in an aquarium.

Just don’t show up and then want to get certified as it will cost you even more. Do it at home.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:45 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Cargo is not open yet. Orientelle supposed to open tonight. New beach bar in the sand directly beside crust should be completed in a month. Probably about 10 OWV undergoing touch ups
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:05 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Lifetimenotelite likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Thanks for pointing this out, I didn’t realize even the ocean view villas would also face the island! I guess that leaves us with the SOWV for maximum privacy, but can you book the SOWV ahead of time on a reservation booked with points? We’d be spending over 1 million points so we don’t want to gamble on getting an upgrade at checkout — we’d like to secure it ahead of time if possible. Not sure how to do this, though.
Not all Overwater villas face the island. Look at the map in the Wiki. 501 to 519 face the island. 520 to 544 plus JJA do not - 520 to 529 are the panoramic villas facing north and 530 to 544 are the sunset facing villas. There should be an option to book these books either with additional points or points + cash. If you don't see it now, keep checking, they could become available at any time.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Huntah
Oof. Visiting here end of October. I didn't think the new restaurant would take so long, especially if they could do full-on construction for a month and a half with the resort closed.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Ken C
I assume none of the villas come with washer/dryer? Anyone know if the resort has coin laundry available. Have 10 nights planned, would like to pack for 5 and keep the checked bags down.
It's probably just me but when I do a beach trip, those are the ones I need the fewest amount of clothes. A couple pairs of trunks, some beach shirts and a few other items for dinners and I'm good to go. Now my wife on the other hand....

Last edited by pkerr; Jul 20, 2022 at 6:17 am
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:22 pm

We'll be here in November and we can't wait to be in the Maldives. I've been in contact with a reservation agent from St Regis and I inquired about whether the Marriott Food and Beverage Credit had been extended and unfortunately it wasn't. We're titanium members and I thought from previous threads that there's a 10% discount when dining at any of the resort restaurants? This is what he emailed us pertaining to what our benefits would be during our stay as Titanium members:· Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay

· Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)

· Complimentary Premium Wi Fi Service

· Personalized St. Regis Butler Service

· Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)

· Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

· 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)

· 10% Discount on Spa Treatments Excluding Spa Packages

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.