Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat
This is the last they told me. They are still communicating that the closure is not finalized yet.

Without a decision of the closure we are unable to guarantee what will be the cause of action for the existing reservation as we do not have this information. I can guarantee that in case of closure, we will offer our sister properties as an option or to book us on alternative dates (same point value – black-out dates). Sister properties with the same Marriott BonVoy Category 8 which includes, The Ritz Carlton Maldives, W Maldives and JW Maldives as per the Marriott Policy.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: MP
Currently have the Decanter booked on 3/27 for private dinner, will be at the resort from 3/25-3/30. Anyone interested in getting a group for the Decanter around then?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: MP
Is the Salon champagne dinner an ongoing event? Or did you just get lucky with it?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by wanderingshi
Is the Salon champagne dinner an ongoing event? Or did you just get lucky with it?
Currently here. Asked our butler and he said it was a special event since a distributor was here. Would love to hear if that isn't the case, since it looked like a great deal.
wanderingshi likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by Adam Schenkel
What types of renovations are they doing right now to the deck? Are they sanding and staining? Is that just to the main path or have they started to do that on the Villa patios as well?
The contractors are building new decking sections which are about 18” long and width of deck wide. They’re building them at the supply pantries. Then they’re pulling off the sections of old decking and replacing it with the newly built ones.

It’s primarily on the main deck. It really needed it though because the old sections were really creaky when I rode my bike over them.

The workers were using small power tools like drills and hammers. Not super loud, but also won’t be silent if they’re in front of your villa. I personally never heard them from mine.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:42 pm

Spa spending would count towards points accumulate, the platinum also get 10% discou

Originally Posted by dabrain230
No, they don't do the F&B credit promo anymore. At least that is the info I got when I was there last week.

One question regarding points: our points for a 5-day stay just posted. Does anyone know the rules for the points accrual (not factoring in a Marriott CC since I don't have one)? We had a letter detailing our benefits (Gold Elite) and if I remember correctly it stated that transfer, activities and spa services wouldn't count towards points earned during the stay but I am not sure (and forgot to bring the letter). Can anyone confirm?
spa expenses can be count towards points, also platinum members get 10% off discount. I can confirm. Activities and transfers not.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:51 am

Looks like new award pricing may have just begun… I check award availability regularly in case something pops up better than what I have booked for my stay. A beach villa popped up a couple days ago that was available for 850K points for 10 nights. This morning it was 1.12M. 32K upgrade per night as opposed to 5K.

Edit: saw some dates nearby where OWV was available for a 30K/night upgrade. Garden Villa was still 100K/night. This was high season 2023.

Last edited by unitedMarriott10; Mar 20, 2022 at 8:12 am
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by unitedMarriott10
Looks like new award pricing may have just begun… I check award availability regularly in case something pops up better than what I have booked for my stay. A beach villa popped up a couple days ago that was available for 850K points for 10 nights. This morning it was 1.12M. 32K upgrade per night as opposed to 5K.

Edit: saw some dates nearby where OWV was available for a 30K/night upgrade. Garden Villa was still 100K/night. This was high season 2023.
I'm seeing the same. 560k for the beach villa now.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:14 am

My points posted, I am missing about a third. What's the best recourse?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
I'm seeing the same. 560k for the beach villa now.
My point advanced bookings on a BV around late Dec 22 and Feb 23 are still showing 425k for 5 nights, fyi
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:45 am

Yeah they devalued the award pricing overnight and now any villa that has a higher category than the base garden villa requires more points to book than before.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by agjil
Yeah they devalued the award pricing overnight and now any villa that has a higher category than the base garden villa requires more points to book than before.
The Ritz did this a couple of weeks ago as well
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
The Ritz did this a couple of weeks ago as well
Ouch...devaluations everywhere.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedMarriott10

I guess that determines where I’m going back for next year (RC vs STR). RC OWV still showing 400k for peak rate 5 nights.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
3 adults in a room

I am treating a group of 11 people to 5 nights in April for my birthday. We currently have 5 rooms (2 St. Regis OW Suites , 1 Sunset OWV, 1 Sunrise OWV and 1 beach villa). The group of three (my sister, her friend and my mom) are currently in the beach villa (I already paid extra to have a 3rd person)- Since I am an Ambassador and husband a platinum my main ask to the concierge has been to upgrade the beach villa to a 2 bedroom so those 3 could be more comfortable (always the reply of upgrade request noted and will depend on availability- which I understand). A recent check on availability determines no 2 bedrooms available at this time and likely not going to happen given that it is a little over 3 weeks out from our arrival date
- Is the daybed in the beach villa suitable for an adult?
- There is one additional St. Regis OW Suite available during our dates and I have asked them to quote me the upgrade cost from the beach villa- if it comes back reasonable that will be significantly more space and an extra half bath. Is the sofa bed the same there or does it actually pull out into a bed (which would be preferred)
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.