Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Add to note: there was no gin. Was provided when I asked.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:11 pm

Club executive suite - nice change, all old sheraton furniture are gone. It have now new modern look, at bedroom now on sliding cabinet you have 55" LCD TV (don't need binocular at bed if you want watch TV) at living room 50" LCD TV plus two sofas. At breakfast we wait 15min for waitress, at longe staf came only at the end happy hours to clean up - this is the result of the employment of young Ukrainian personnel.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:03 pm

Small update after 3 years, hotel lost same space on ground floor - no more night club with live music, no more old restaurant - they build new wall in corridor on old entrance from square 'Trzech Krzyzy'.
We came by our car to hotel and it was no space at front parking, I need park at front of main entrance, we have 5 pcs of baggage and nobody came and help us I must quick put all bags on sidewalk and look for free space to park on next streets. When I back my wife still with all bags wait on front of hotel, ok we bring all baggage to lobby area by themselves and I want ask FD if we can have upgrade to niece suite with view on square she told me that it is possible she will have free two suites later when guest will leave it /it was 2:30pm/, she told that she allocated this type of suite to me please came later and you will have it.
I want put our car in underground parking /at weekend parking is free of charge/ and I want leave our baggage in deposit till our check-in. Still no bellboys to move our bags and woman from FD take bags to deposit.

We go to old town and long walk back to hotel at 6:30pm at FD was new staff and he check us to standard room, when I see number of room I know that this is not this what I ask earlier and I loose 4h on waiting for this type of suite. FD staff answer that only one of suite will be available but still guest not checked out, second suite was sold, if you want it you must wait - we go to lounge for one hour, at 7:30pm again I go to FD and ask what is situation - answer was ok, guest leave it but we need clean it and you must wait but I can give you standard room for this time ... I think that he cheat me and want cancel our stay and move to Westin but it was prepay booking and we will lose our money or we will continue wait. We go to park Lazienkowski for next walk and back at 9pm to FD and this time our suite keys was ready.

Underground parking is free of charge for hotel guest on weekend /Sheraton and Westin, but at Moxy you need pay 45PLN per day and if you have at beggining cheaper rate after adding parking cost you will have this same cost as Sheraton or Westin at weekend days/
Club lounge is closed and all service of club lounge moved to restaurant where you have served breakfast.
Bellboys are fired from this hotel ??
You will have at checkin breakfast as Platinum benefit and points or local gift.
After closing night club is quiet evenings nothig to do as in Westin, really missing live music.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: BA.GGL/SK.D/AFKL.Ulti
I was initially hesitant to book this hotel, but after 2 nights at the Hotel Bristol in Warsaw, I was actually very pleasantly surprised.

In comparison to the Bristol, service was immediately warm and welcoming - while previously it was sort of “meh, you’re checked in and now we don’t care”.

This is very much a new Sheraton Grand fitout - very immaculate lobby and rooms.

I booked a basic room and was upgraded to a large junior suite on the 5th floor as no larger suites were available (I booked same day in the afternoon).

- Internet much stronger at this hotel
- Lobby bar was a really great vibe and design
- Staff overall were very genuine and friendly
- Club Lounge had amazing staff and a great serving of snacks and alcohol (photos below)
- Breakfast was a large variety and had a chef station available - not as much of a range as at the Hotel Bristol, but generally higher quality

Great restaurants nearby - most notably MOKTOWSKA 69.

I will stay here again for sure.

Old Sep 14, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really liked the Sheraton Grand Warsaw - here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to an Executive Suite the morning of arrival - this is a large suite at the front end of the property with wrap-around windows
  • Suite was large with lots of furniture and a lot of empty space
  • The bed was very comfortable - plush mattress, plush covers, and plush pillows
  • The shower pressure was super strong and fantastic
  • Nice views of Warsaw (interesting cityscape)
  • Nice Club Lounge - only open 3 to 11 PM - evening service from 6 to 8 - good selection of spirits (Bailey's), tasty roasted potatoes, good blue cheese, friendly staff (Polish your Polish) - my Polish is not polished
  • Breakfast is in the restaurant - didn't need to use my gift choice - tasty - very good hashbrowns and omelets - tasty croissants
  • Seemed to already be assigned 4 PM late checkout
Neutral:
  • Small welcome gift of chocolate chips and berries
Cons:
  • Not really anything
Overall, I would definitely return.

Photos:

Old Oct 1, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Current lounge offerings in the evening

Hot disjes

Cold dishes

Soup

Desserts
Kayano, hugolover and Kara5930 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love the “Polish your Polish”, but it surprises me. Are the staff in the lounge Polish? Maybe because they refer to some kind of manager of the lounge to chat to?

It’s years since I met an F&B staffer in a Warsaw hotel who was Polish, maybe the Management, but the vast majority are Ukrainian, secondly Belorussian.

It’s even kind of odd, that the Polish students do something else.

They’re great workers, so I’m not complaining.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Breakfast offering at the restaurant. Elites have access to the breakfast at the restaurant in the morning as the lounge isn’t open in the morning.

Definitely much better than a Sheraton offering in the US and on par or even better than the offerings in asia. Loads of polish offerings like polish cold cuts and even sweet polish dumplings.

Everything is really fresh and even fresh orange and cold pressed apple juice are offered. Machine coffee is strong and tasty.

Hot items

Kayano and Kara5930 like this.

Last edited by Lonsinla; Oct 2, 2023 at 1:05 am
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I had an excellent stay at the Sheraton Warsaw, my first since the renovation which has clearly been done well.

I generally stay at either the Westin or the Bristol when I'm in Warsaw. The Westin is usually the cheapest of the options I consider and has great service. The Bristol has the wow factor of a Luxury Collection hotel and the best bar in Warsaw, though some of the rooms leave something to be desired.

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite for my three day stay. The interiors are almost at luxury standard - certainly nicer than either the Westin or the Bristol. Service was excellent all round. Breakfast was great. The Executive Lounge was very comfortable and the happy hour was probably the best I've ever seen outside of the Middle East/ Asia. It's a proper dinner replacement, but not just with cheap carbs.

The Sheraton is usually ~10-20% higher than the Westin which I think is probably worth it, despite there being nothing wrong with the Westin. In this case the Sheraton was the cheapest option and an absolute steal at just $100 a night. Warsaw in January during a cold spell is not the most appealing place to travel to, though the Sheraton seemed pretty busy despite the low rate. I will be back.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
I stayed a few days here and just felt compelled to post how nice it is.

Was upgraded to an Exec Suite. The lounge as previous people have commented has extremely high quality options and I also noticed the options changing throughout the evening as they were replaced. The lounge also appeared to have a dedicated manager and staff during opening hours.

These are not the best photos and there’s also soup and a warm section too - but the food is clearly of a high quality and the deserts looked and tasted like they were made in-house.

breakfast is also very good quality with a wide variety of options, including local and international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.