Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
This is somewhat disappointing to hear as I plan out the family reunion for November.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Feel free to ask any questions! Some people love this hotel so this may not be indicative of your experience at all...we also came here after staying at the Ritz, so we were quick to notice the differences. I hope it all works out.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
hi… I have a different take on this. I am also lifetime platinum, got upgraded into one of their two room suites, and found my whole experience was awesome. So good that we immediately booked a return trip 10 months later.

The room was good, the breakfast was phenomenal (upgraded to full buffet), Never an issue getting a beach chair or pool chair, and the weather and service were perfect. I will say the the food on the island was just your typical fair. We did find a cool beach bar to the north of the hotel, right on the beach. If you’re drinking, bring a little booze as it’s expensive there, bring a snorkel mask, and lots of sun screen.

if you’re flying Southwest, try to sit in the very front or very back of the plane as they get let off first. You’ll make it quicker through customs.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone been here since Covid that can explain what changes have been made or what the offering is like at the moment?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:43 am

Any recent trip reports? Usually book beach trips to Aruba Marriott but am considering Grand Cayman and Westin looks like the choice?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dblue
Any recent trip reports? Usually book beach trips to Aruba Marriott but am considering Grand Cayman and Westin looks like the choice?
If you are staying in a hotel, the 3 best choices are Ritz Carlton, Kimpton, or the Westin.

There are numerous nice condo complexes on the beach too
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I know there is a big price difference between the Westin and the ritz. We ended up at the ritz and walked to the Westin a few times. From what I saw the Westin felt several levels lower not just one level. Just my take without a lot of “whys”. Just a gut feel.
dblue likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Explat, MVP 75K, Marriott Ambassador
SNA clawed back

Hi everyone , just a warning for those who try to use SNA s here, the hotel may not honor them.

I am staying there in a few days next week and received an email that the “beachfront lanai” was confirmed via my SNA request (I was really hoping for the 1 bedroom suite).

This morning, I noticed my reservation was downgraded to an “ocean pool view”, a few categories down. I called up the ambassador team who called the hotel to speak to the agent and they advised that they don’t have rooms above the ocean pool available and downgraded me, even though the app is still selling those rooms!

Not sure what to do here and it may seem that I am SOL?

Last edited by chaxiu; Dec 16, 2022 at 11:43 am
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by chaxiu
Hi everyone , just a warning for those who try to use SNA s here, the hotel doesn’t honor them.

I am staying there in a few days next week and received an email that the “beachfront lanai” was confirmed via my SNA request (I was really hoping for the 1 bedroom suite).

This morning, I noticed my reservation was downgraded to an “ocean pool view”, a few categories down. I called up the ambassador team who called the hotel to speak to the agent and they advised that they don’t have rooms above the ocean pool available and downgraded me, even though the app is still selling those rooms!

Not sure what to do here and it may seem that I am SOL?
Checking out of the Westin today. My SNA to a beachfront lanai cleared five days before checkin and honored upon arrival for a five night stay. Will post a review upon my return.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Explat, MVP 75K, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by avatexrs
Checking out of the Westin today. My SNA to a beachfront lanai cleared five days before checkin and honored upon arrival for a five night stay. Will post a review upon my return.
How was the room? Was it loud or connecting to another room?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:24 pm

At check-in I asked for a 2nd or 3rd floor beachfront lanai/balcony, but was told only a 1st floor was available for an SNA. That turned out to be fine, as It was only 10-15 feet from our patio to the sand - we hardly ever used our “front” door as a result.

The room to one side was silent. On the other side, though, we heard a couple literally screaming at each other a number of times, and I don’t think even a wall made of steel would’ve stopped us from hearing them.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:32 pm

The platinum breakfast was excellent - it included the full buffet, with omelets and waffle made to order. So much we never ate lunch.

Also, there was never a problem getting lounge chairs or an umbrella, unlike some places where you have to get out there at 8:00 am to reserve them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.