Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

San Jose Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Jose Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:34 pm

Renovation probably part of the SuperBowl deal.

One of the SuperBowl teams will stay there during the next SuperBowl.

Probably the Cowboys!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the pics of the renovation. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Room looks nice. Glad to see there is a desk still!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
FYI, there is an "AC" hotel under construction on Santa Clara, about equidistant between downtown and the SAP Center. It is right beside the highway. I trust they've invested in sound isolation.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Really? I have not seen that, then again I don't go to Santa Clara often. Do you know what street is it on. Will definitely take a look at it once it opens. I've seen the ajointing residence inn and Springhill suites on 1st Street but are a little too far from downtown for me.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:02 pm

My downtown San Jose choices, in order, are:

Fairmont
Marriott
Hilton

I am Plat, Plat, and Diamond (sh*t I stay in hotels too much), and Fairmont amenities are preferred for me - specifically Fairmont Fit workout gear.

The Marriott is nice too, and the lounge and lounge staff are excellent.

Hilton is a solid choice, nothing spectacular. Only one you can self park at the hotel.

Originally Posted by CBus1K
The Tanq bar is cool if that's your thing but it's generally just a bunch of dudes in their 40's and 50's. My suggestion is to walk outside the hotel and explore as there are many bars/restaurants nearby.
Grill on the Alley has a great happy hour, personable bartenders.

Paper Plane. Only if you are walking or have a designated driver. http://www.paperplanesj.com/
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:05 pm

Breaking ground: Hip AC Hotel replaces Hampton brand in downtown San Jose

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...s-hampton.html
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Breaking ground: Hip AC Hotel replaces Hampton brand in downtown San Jose

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...s-hampton.html
The article is from July 2014 & said it would take 12-14 months to complete, so shouldn't it be opening soon?

Here's the location: "San Jose property, located at the southeast corner of Highway 87 and Santa Clara Street".

Has anyone driven by there? Does it look like it's close to being finished? It's not showing up on the list of new hotels on the Marriott website yet.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Oh ive seen a building in the works, is that what it is? its still not close to being finished as its all steel beams
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:40 pm

duplicate - sorry
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Has anyone driven by there? Does it look like it's close to being finished? It's not showing up on the list of new hotels on the Marriott website yet.
I walk by it all the time (well, not on 95 degree days!) and it seems structurally mostly done, but nowhere near completion.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:54 am

So sounds like AC will be a 2016 opening then.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:39 am

Renovation complete:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300191660.html

Key renovation elements include:

The lobby's transformation into a high-energy, natural light-infused gathering space with a new library-style alcove and dynamic great room where guests will intuitively want to work, play and innovate. Central to the lobby are service-friendly guest registration pods featuring rich walnut veneers and backlit white onyx inlays. Form meets function with plug-in outlets integrated throughout the design.

A newly designed Concierge Lounge with an expansive outdoor terrace showcases unrivaled views of Silicon Valley. Outside, guests can relax in sectional chaises and enjoy a selection of regional wines served on teak tabletops. A green wall resembling grass adds warmth to the cozy terrace.

Stylish update of the San Jose hotel's 510 guest rooms and suites with new carpet featuring a subtle Silicon Valley theme, sleek wall coverings and draperies, contemporary artwork and accent pieces. Bathrooms were refreshed with modern wallcoverings, sliding doors and new illuminated mirrors to provide functional lighting with a modern aesthetic. Each guest room has a dedicated router enabling guests to operate six mobile devices simultaneously at lightning-fast speed (1,000 Mb upload and download capability) and Marriott Hotels' first Over-the-Top in-room entertainment system packed with popular programming and apps, including Netflix.

A new culinary team and fresh direction for Michelin-starred Chef Michael Mina's signature Arcadia Restaurant.

Marriott Service App including Mobile Guest Requests, Red Coat Direct Meeting Planner App and Mobile Check-in and Check-out.

Two new war rooms, accommodating eight to 10 people, for legal groups requiring ultimate privacy. A comprehensive renovation of the hotel's existing 21,000 square feet of meeting space was completed in late 2014.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The article is from July 2014 & said it would take 12-14 months to complete, so shouldn't it be opening soon?

Here's the location: "San Jose property, located at the southeast corner of Highway 87 and Santa Clara Street".

Cheers.
Update on the AC hotel: Who knows?

May 2015 article: http://news.theregistrysf.com/rockbr...t-in-san-jose/

"A company spokesperson for Rockbridge stated that there have been pre-development issues with the project, which has delayed the start of construction. It is not clear as to when the actual start of the project will be happening. There was a projected opening of the property in spring of next year.

The project is located at the Corner of West Santa Clara Street and Highway 87. "
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Just checked out of a one-night stay and I have to say I was really impressed. I had been planning to stay at one of the airport properties due to an early morning flight, but based in negative comments about those and the very positive comments about this property I decided to give it a try. The desk staffer was incredibly welcoming and friendly- she told me about the room I had been assigned and offered some other options (other floors, bed types) as well. I currently have no Marriott status, but was treated extremely well. The room was great- well appointed and quiet- yo to the standards of some of the nicer marriotts at which I've stayed in Europe. I thought the location was great for an early morning or late night flight as well- it took me less than 10 minutes from the parking garage to the airport rental car return (I assume that wouldn't be true during the day, but it's still close). I'll definitely stay again the next time I'm in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.