Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:49 pm

Bkk to the hotel. On the website it's higher so I'm guessing that's the right price tho wanted to check with them directly.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Bkk to the hotel. On the website it's higher so I'm guessing that's the right price tho wanted to check with them directly.
That's a major ripoff. A regular meter taxi is 350 baht or so.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:59 am

Just catch a regular taxi from the taxi stand at the airport. The hotel car services are typically expensive and don't save much, if any, time. They are sometimes nicer cars, but the price difference isn't really worth it.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by catocony
1500 baht from where to where?
That's a major ripoff. A regular meter taxi is 350 baht or so.
Not a ripoff at all for a car service. AOT is 1700 THB for a Merc and that's a bargain. 2500 THB for a hotel car (price quoted on MM website) is still a good price.

Not a fan of Bangkok taxis. Don't really enjoy ending an 18 hour journey sliding around on a hard plastic seat.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not a ripoff at all for a car service. AOT is 1700 THB for a Merc and that's a bargain. 2500 THB for a hotel car (price quoted on MM website) is still a good price.

Not a fan of Bangkok taxis. Don't really enjoy ending an 18 hour journey sliding around on a hard plastic seat.
For those not familiar with BKK, 1500 baht should get you to Pattaya in reasonable comfort, let alone Central Bangkok. Do a little online research.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Dalewood
For those not familiar with BKK, 1500 baht should get you to Pattaya in reasonable comfort, let alone Central Bangkok. Do a little online research.
I agree completely. 1500 is way too much from Suvaranabhumi to sukhumvit. Some people are just not comfortable with cabs in BKK and prefer to pay four or five times more for a more compfortable car and more competent driver. Personally I am happy with Bangkok cabs, but I can understand why some people are not.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:08 am

Kacee, I didn't say to take a tuk-tuk from the airport. A regular taxi, with AC and everything. I think the last one I took was a Toyota, with a normal cloth seat.

If anything, set up a ride with Mr. Tee or another service. Mr. Tee will go from Soi 57 to Pattaya for 1,100 baht, so to just go from the airport to Soi 57 is a lot less than that.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is heading way OT, but I took taxis from BKK for years and just got tired of it. Now I pay for the AOT Merc or a hotel car. It's way more pleasant and a bargain compared to that sort of service most other parts of the world.

You might as well say that it's a waste to pay 4600 THB for a room at the Marriott Marquis when you can get a perfectly adequate bed on Khao San Road for 500 THB per night. The fact is that some of us don't mind paying for a bit of luxury.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Having entered Thailand late at night many times wanting to get to my hotel quickly, here's a walk-through of landing through being in my hotel room ready to go to bed...

When you leave the plane, the signage is pretty good letting you know where to go for immigration. It will likely be a hike. If you are on certain airlines in Biz or with status, you may be given a card allowing you to go to the VIP line. It's just past the regular line. The lines tend to move pretty quickly at BKK, but not so much at DMK. You can pay for a service that will meet you at the plane, give you a ride on a cart and whisk you through immigration, but I don't think it's necessary. Others like it.

After immigration, you go to baggage claim, which is usually a little slow. From there, you walk through customs quickly if you have nothing to declare.

At this point, you want to do a couple things before getting your taxi. Make sure you have local currency to pay for the ride. If you wait until you pass customs to use an ATM, you will save money on the exchange rate. The highest number of bills you can take out is 20, and the highest currency is 1000 Baht, so I usually take out 15,900 to get some smaller bills. (~$450 US) Also, it is a good idea to get a SIM card for your phone before you leave the airport. There are many kiosks at the airport, past customs. 200 Baht can get you 5 days of data and phone. There is information about this on the Thailand Forum.

In the Thailand Forum you can also find useful information about taking taxis, Uber and public transportation. Most cabs I've taken from the airport have been okay, although I've been on a couple that were making some strange noises. It still hasn't stopped me from taking a taxi from the airport. Since they went to self-serve kiosks a couple years ago, there are rarely lines, so it's pretty quick to catch a cab. While I have not yet taken Uber from the airport, I've taken it elsewhere in Bangkok. The cars have all been nice, clean and new, the drivers awesome and the price lower than a taxi.

Some quick pointers about taking a taxi from the airport... As with most cities, there will be people in the airport building trying to rip you off with expensive rides. Ignore them.

After you leave customs, look for the signs leading you to taxis. You will need to go down an escalator and out a door. The signage is good. Outside the door you will see a roped area with kiosks. The kiosks are easy to use, but there are people to help you if you have a problem.

Have something printed out or on your phone showing you hotel's address in Thai. You probably won't need it, but every so often it can help. You may also want to pull up your phone's GPS to track the route as you ride.

Make sure you driver turns on the meter. Insist on it. Your receipt from the kiosk will show enough information that you can turn him in if he doesn't, so if the driver did not turn it on, which most will nowadays, after he objects once or twice he will usually turn it on. If you don't see the meter, it's likely under a towel on the dash.

There is a 50 Baht airport charge (<$1.50 US) that will not be included on the meter. The driver will ask if you want to take the highway. Say yes. There are two tolls that you will need to pay. One is 20 Baht and the other 50 Baht. Tipping is not required, but I usually round up so that I don't get any coins back.

At the Marriott, a bellman will take your bag from the taxi and eventually bring it to your room. If you only have an easy bag or two, ask to keep your bag so that you don't have to wait for it to arrive in your room. While you don't have to tip the bellman when he delivers your bag, 20-50 Baht is appreciated. This is actually my one vice; I overtip. (OK, one of my vices.) At one hotel, when a particular bellman sees me, he drops everything and takes care of me immediately. A few extra dollars at check-in can pay off. Not to long ago, after I tipped the bellman 500 Baht (he was very helpful) he asked if I would like for him to unpack my bags. He insisted it would be no problem. It was awesome to sit in a chair telling him where to put my clothes after 36 hours of flying.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:10 am

This is heading way OT, but I took taxis from BKK for years and just got tired of it. Now I pay for the AOT Merc or a hotel car. It's way more pleasant and a bargain compared to that sort of service most other parts of the world.

You might as well say that it's a waste to pay 4600 THB for a room at the Marriott Marquis when you can get a perfectly adequate bed on Khao San Road for 500 THB per night. The fact is that some of us don't mind paying for a bit of luxury.
Rationally, you are absolutely 100% correct. But somehow emotionally I feel money paid for a better ride is a waste but money paid for a better hotel isn't.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Rationally, you are absolutely 100% correct. But somehow emotionally I feel money paid for a better ride is a waste but money paid for a better hotel isn't.
I also tend to pay for better hotels and suites, but my rationale is that of time - I spend much more time in my hotel room, so a 1000 THB increase is a lot of bang for the buck, versus 1000 THB premium for a shorter taxi ride. I will say that I have used the hotel car services before, but didn't really feel the difference in comfort for the time spent in the car was significant enough to warrant the extra cost.

To each his own though, it's not like the car service in Thailand is prohibitively expensive by any means. Thailand is a great place to be a "two week millionaire" living it up on vacation.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Thailand is a great place to be a "two week millionaire" living it up on vacation.
OMG, that is so true.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:17 pm

Comparative value. That extra 1,500 baht you spend on a short taxi ride can get you a lot of stuff in Bangkok.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:57 pm

Comparative value. That extra 1,500 baht you spend on a short taxi ride can get you a lot of stuff in Bangkok.
Forty-five pairs of designer knock-off underwear. (Do not machine wash) Fifteen trips to my favorite street food vendors! Ten one-day BTS passes. Four drinks at an overpriced tourist rip-off bar. Three boxes of brand name contact lenses. A half-day cooking lesson with market tour.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Well we just did 4 nights in Bangkok, 1 at the Marquis and ended up switching to Soi 57 Marriott.

The Marquis summary:
1) Club lounge is WAY over hyped. This is not the best CL I have ever been to, not sure why it is talked up so much. Is it good? Yes. Is a restaurant breakfast better? Absolutely.
2) Ceilings are way too LOW. I asked which hotel is better for tall people and someone on the forum had no idea what I was talking about; however, this hotel has unacceptably low ceilings, even for someone who isn't tall.

The staff was very friendly as mentioned but these 2 above items made us ultimately switch to the Soi 57 which has very high ceilings and absolutely phenomenal service.

1) The club lounge was better than the Marquis and some USA Ritz club lounges at the Soi 57 and never crowded like many have said on the forum.
2) The room while slightly older just had a more open feel and incredible views (plat upgrade to exec suite)
3) The option to dine in the 57th st restaurant for breakfast trumps the club lounge anyday for me, and the service and quality of food was stellar. Chef Art was awesome and gave us the best fresh mango we have ever tasted!
4) The staff here always greeted us by name and was always looking to go above and beyond.

For me it is no contest (and my fiance agreed) the Soi 57 is our favorite Marriott property not only in Bangkok, but PERIOD (just Marriott brand, not "family").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.