Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2023, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I think it's possible that my Marriott profile specifies that I will likely review a property just like it probably mentions my penchant for macarons, but that's a total guess.
Well to close out this thread partial detour, if the staff are spending any time on FT and have figured who you are and where you're going to be staying, they've not done a great job informing others on their team to make sure your room is properly cleaned, you'll be looking for good/great pizza options nearby, etc.

Back to the thread topic at hand, look forward to hearing if the hotels in BKK get better at proactively offering you later checkouts as well as hotel offered options to get you to the next Marriott Bonvoy property.

David
Old May 21, 2023, 10:33 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Well to close out this thread partial detour, if the staff are spending any time on FT and have figured who you are and where you're going to be staying, they've not done a great job informing others on their team to make sure your room is properly cleaned, you'll be looking for good/great pizza options nearby, etc.

Back to the thread topic at hand, look forward to hearing if the hotels in BKK get better at proactively offering you later checkouts as well as hotel offered options to get you to the next Marriott Bonvoy property.

David
I've been asking for 2 or 3 when they usually ask me when I am planning on leaving as I want to make sure I get to the next hotel in time for afternoon tea. So far, no direct complimentary transportation offers (though, the Westin walked my bags over the bridge to the Sheraton) - that only happened once at the legendary Grosvenor House in Dubai.
Old May 21, 2023, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been asking for 2 or 3 when they usually ask me when I am planning on leaving as I want to make sure I get to the next hotel in time for afternoon tea. So far, no direct complimentary transportation offers (though, the Westin walked my bags over the bridge to the Sheraton) - that only happened once at the legendary Grosvenor House in Dubai.
And, especially in BKK's climate, not having to sweat the transportation would gladly be welcome. And earn a hotel kudos in it's thread's review.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: HH Gold
Entirely possible - though, I try not to think of myself as too special. None of them have ever mentioned the reviews, though. Regardless, back to booking - going to be hitting 9 new countries (and one previous one) in August and September!
9 countries! Are you going to Malaysia by any chance? I've got a double header KL and Bangkok coming up later in the year
Old May 22, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by diablo77
9 countries! Are you going to Malaysia by any chance? I've got a double header KL and Bangkok coming up later in the year
I'm going to Kuala Lumpur next week - the 9 countries I mentioned is a Europe trip.
Old May 22, 2023, 6:18 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

Folks,
In the past few days, perhaps more, there are several threads among the threads on Bangkok hotels where members are getting personal with each other, making snide comments and being snarky. In other comments people are commenting directly to those making such comments. A number of these posts have been deleted. A number of posts which quoted these posts or continued discussion of deleted posts have also been deleted. Hopefully this can be ended so we don't have to start taking disciplinary action.

Please reread FT Rules 12 and 13. And if you see a post which is non-contributive, snarky or getting personal DO NOT respond to the post. Instead follow FT Rule 22 and Report the Post to the Moderators.

Thank you for your cooperation,
yosithezet
Co-Moderator, MB Forum
Old May 25, 2023, 9:02 pm

I know I haven't been able to write my Surawongse Marriott review yet, but it's coming soon. Here is my subjective ranking of the Marriott properties I tried out in Bangkok:
  1. Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit - incredible staff, incredible room comfort, incredible macarons, incredible pizza - easily my best hotel stay ever
  2. Athenee - great upgrade, great bed, nice service, tasty breakfast, like the location
  3. W - great bed, really amazing lobby bar experience and staff
  4. Westin Grande Sukhumvit - nice suite, fantastic breakfast, it's a Westin - what can I say?
  5. Royal Orchid Sheraton - great bed, great views, breakfast a bit chaotic, but I liked the lounge
  6. Marriott Marquis - awesome welcome gift, lovely restaurant breakfast offered, comfy room
  7. Le Meridien - nice design, great shower, bed could be less firm
  8. JW - nice staff, nice design, bed lumpiness should have been fixed by Housekeeping
  9. Marriott Surawongse - comfortable bed, nice shower, lounge breakfast only a bit of a downer
  10. Marriott Sukhumvit - no suite upgrade, staff was friendly, bed needed updating, poor view directly into an apartment building
  11. St Regis - terrible view, tacky upsell sheet, nice bed, I enjoyed breakfast
  12. Renaissance Ratchaprasong - suite too hot, bed a bit too firm, nice service and correction by Housekeeping, lounge breakfast only a downer
As always, full reviews are in the master threads (Surawongse coming soon). Off to the Conrad and then to KL for more Marriotts!
Old May 25, 2023, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Off to the Conrad
Unless it's massively improved since I last stayed, that will be a downer after the Marriott experiences. I might have suggested W/A (and arguably the best breakfast in Bangkok) instead.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Unless it's massively improved since I last stayed, that will be a downer after the Marriott experiences. I might have suggested W/A (and arguably the best breakfast in Bangkok) instead.
I highly considered it but at double the price for a relatively rushed morning tomorrow, I decided to stick with the Conrad to see what it is like. The next time I return, I will likely try the WA (I'm sure it beats the nearby STR).
Old May 25, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
+1 downvote for the Conrad. Obviously I've never stayed but my mate had a long-term stay there on a cheap rate earlier last year and I joined him in the lounge to get drunk one evening. The food offering was a few cheap carbs and fried stuff. I was not impressed.

We did manage to get drunk though. Drunk enough that I actually walked home to Le Meridien after the Conrad lounge closed.
Old May 25, 2023, 10:45 pm

SNIP

Off to the Conrad and then to KL for more Marriotts!
What's your list for KL? I lived there for five years and did lots of staycations at various Bonvoys there. Now I invariably stay at the Westin because of the location, decent lounge, and reasonable possibility of getting one of the serviced apartments as an upgrade. But mostly because of the location as it's exactly where I want to be.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
What's your list for KL? I lived there for five years and did lots of staycations at various Bonvoys there. Now I invariably stay at the Westin because of the location, decent lounge, and reasonable possibility of getting one of the serviced apartments as an upgrade. But mostly because of the location as it's exactly where I want to be.
JW, W, Westin, Hotel Stripes, Sheraton Imperial, Majestic, St Regis, Le Meridien
ftrichard likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftrichard
As noted over in another city thread:

Any properties that I'm missing or major stinkers in my list for my upcoming trip:
  • Element
  • W
  • Westin
  • Hotel Stripes
  • Sheraton Imperial
  • Majestic
  • St Regis
  • Le Meridien
Looks like ElevatorEnthusiast switched out Element for JW

David
Old May 26, 2023, 1:10 am

JW, W, Westin, Hotel Stripes, Sheraton Imperial, Majestic, St Regis, Le Meridien
It will be interesting to see how these compare to your experiences in Bangkok.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The list from Elevator Enthusiast inspired me to make my own comments:
  1. Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit - a very good hotel, that, as expected, is seeing an evolution after Mr. Chapman's departure. Nice view from the convenient corner luxury suites, where I usually stay, but I was lucky enough to be assigned to the Rajah, the Ambassador and the Royal suites (only one time in each). The F&B needs some improvement, but the hotel is aware of it, so we should see some changes.
  2. W - I like the hotel and went back recently. It is well maintained, but, as it is a creative concept, it needs some fresh ideas. I like the small sois (10 & 12 Sathon) and its restaurants during the evening. The staff at the bar used to have more personality, especially the manager. Breakfast is very good. I have always stayed at the Marvelous suites at this property and have always been comfortable in them. One inconvenience is the noise of the BTS in the morning. Probably my 4th Bangkok property in terms of stays. The W perks, for people that stay too many nights in Marriott hotels, are not the best. I have only known 2 GMs at this hotel. One of the HMs was Khun Christian, that became GM at the LMBKK. Another one, Alexander Kellerman, became General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Sukhumvit Park. Then, a third one, Khun Ji, Jirapha Krataithong, is now General Manager at the W Koh Samui.
  3. Le Meridien Surawongse - I am guessing that I had over 70 stays at this hotel, which used to be my home in Bangkok and where I knew too many staff members and "secrets". I have known the 5 GMs. The suites are nice (even better since they have been renovated), well decorated, but they are not the largest. The area is far from being my favorite. I only went back twice after Covid, but I have booked another stay. The staff has completely changed, except for a very few people, including Mario, the Executive Chef. I have a lot of good memories at this hotel. I was spoiled with the big rooms more than a dozen times, but one has been changed into the lounge. The level of the staff is definitely not what it used to be and it is especially noticeable at the restaurant, during breakfast, but they do their job. It seems that they have been on some saving mode, as the phone has disappeared from the desk, that also has been emptied of its stationery, including the pencils. Nice illy espresso machine that replaced the old Lavazza machines, which coffee quality is inferior to illy's.
  4. The Athenee - this hotel had a very good staff at one point. I knew many of the people working there, at all levels. Good breakfast, Nice good quality classic luxury feeling in the suites. I have stayed there many times, but that was pre-Covid. I do not like what the lounge has become - the service (and the guests) used to be much better. I have only known Khun Choo Leng, as a General Manager at this hotel.
  5. Le Meridien Suvarnabhumi - I stayed at this property only 3 times, but really enjoyed the set-up of the suite and the hotel design overall. One issue: it is near Suvarnabhumi.
  6. Westin Grande Sukhumvit - not the best designed hotel. The suites are ok, but nothing to write home about. I stayed there a bunch of times (pre-Covid), but it has never been a favorite. The awkward lounge has very good food, especially the cheese and its staff are on top of things. I must book a stay there, just to have a chat with Khun Robert.
  7. Marriott The Surawongse - the location is a little awkward, but it is a nice hotel. I have stayed there once. The suite was not very attractive, but the lounge was nice. I essentially tried once to say "Hi" to KK, the LMBKK FOM became the DOR at this property.
  8. Marriott Marquis Queens Park - the location has its advantages, but 1,000+ rooms are just too much for me, especially when there is a convention or a wedding. The lounge was really nice after the opening and the food was great, but after a while, it became a zoo with a staff that was not the best, except for a few, and the budget for the free food declined. The other breakfast option, the restaurant, is also too large and crowded for me. I only stayed in the Executive suites that were very well designed, but had low ceilings (old renovated property) and that, at one point, were in a different building than the lounge. I never went back after the DOR, Daniel Zygmunt, moved to Four Points, to be GM.
  9. St Regis - One stay only, in a nice suite, toward its early period, but I did not like this hotel
  10. Aloft Sukhumvit 11. Just a few 1-night late arrival - check-out before 11 am stays, for which I was always upgraded (with SNAs). That was before Khun Poon (Duangjai Rungreangaree) became GM. At that time, she was HM at the Westin, but later accepted the mission to run a property with some challenges. Convenient location because of the many good restaurants in the soi, although the crowd is not the best. A cheap version of the W, which is probably great when you are young.
  11. Royal Orchid Sheraton - Over 100 stays at this hotel, where I saw the bellmen and a few other members of the staff get older (as they did with me). I have not stayed there for years, but always appreciated the view and the life on the river, but that was before all the party boats and the Icon Siam. I have witnessed a real decline of the lounge and the restaurant during breakfast time. For my 100th stay, I was upgraded to the Presidential suite, before Wayne Buckingham, the Managing Director and Starwood's Regional Vice President took over the suite for a few months, during the renovation of his appartment in the hotel (for those that were staying at the hotel at this time).
  12. Four Points Sukhumvit 15 - just 1 night at this hotel, probably for a promotion when getting points was more important. Nothing special but a fair hotel for its rates. Khun Carl was the GM at that time.
  13. JW - I just had a couple of stays there, but that was one or two centuries ago.
  14. Renaissance Ratchaprasong - I have never stayed there.
  15. Marriott Sukhumvit - I also have never stayed at this hotel that used to be run by Khun Rajat, GM at Le Meridien Chiang Mai.

Last edited by UASPG; May 26, 2023 at 7:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.