Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chicago Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Stay there 2X a month on business, even under construction great service and nice rooms.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Great to know their service and rooms are good in the midst of renovation..
Any insights into the treatments of Platinum?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SPG
Originally Posted by Lani1
Stay there 2X a month on business, even under construction great service and nice rooms.

That's great to hear. Thanks for your feedback. We'll be there at the end of March. Hoping to enjoy the service there.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by kikid
Great to know their service and rooms are good in the midst of renovation..
Any insights into the treatments of Platinum?
Staying here on Thursday night...got a welcome email with the following details:
As a Platinum Elite Rewards Member, you are entitled to the following privileges and benefits:
• 10% Gift Shop Savings on The Ritz-Carlton branded merchandise
• 50% Bonus on Base Points
• Complimentary Internet Access (in-room only)
• Complimentary Room Upgrade at time of check-in based upon availability (Club Level and Suites excluded)
• 48-hour Guaranteed Room availability
• Platinum Arrival Gift (1,000 points as a Platinum arrival bonus)
• Ultimate Reservation Guarantee
• Guaranteed Priority Late Checkout (You may checkout as late as 4pm, except at resorts, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club® is excluded).
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:56 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
When I'm in chicago the Ritz is my choice 90% of the time...

Great location, great food, great shopping and usually a good price.

You will not be disappointed...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Does anyone know if they have a house car? Wife and I are going to see Hamilton, and it would be nice to catch a ride vs. taking an uber or cab.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:00 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Does anyone know if they have a house car? Wife and I are going to see Hamilton, and it would be nice to catch a ride vs. taking an uber or cab.
Yes they have one but its limited hours and first come first serve..

Its only Monday - Friday 7:30 to 9:30am and 5:30 to 8:00pm and Saturday only 5:30 to 8:00pm.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here with my wife while in the city for dinner and to see Hamilton. Hotel is fine, but given the local competition isn't anything special. Room was big with a nice view, and smartly appointed...very comfortable bed. Bathroom shower/toilet area was very cramped.
Check in and check out/Valet was fine, nothing special, nothing bad. Had a drink in the very dated bar, and again service was adequate.

No real complaints other than this hotel just doesn't fit my personal tastes...for the cheap corporate rate I have, I might return, but it isn't at the top of my list.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:15 pm
t1c

Stayed here with my wife while in the city for dinner and to see Hamilton. Hotel is fine, but given the local competition isn't anything special. Room was big with a nice view, and smartly appointed...very comfortable bed. Bathroom shower/toilet area was very cramped.
Check in and check out/Valet was fine, nothing special, nothing bad. Had a drink in the very dated bar, and again service was adequate.

No real complaints other than this hotel just doesn't fit my personal tastes...for the cheap corporate rate I have, I might return, but it isn't at the top of my list.
So where else in that area would you stay in the Marriott family?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by t1c
In the Marriott family, this would be my choice...outside of the Marriott family, I like the Park Hyatt best. I know it gets mixed reviews here, but they have treated myself and my family very well over the years!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:10 pm
t1c

In the Marriott family, this would be my choice...outside of the Marriott family, I like the Park Hyatt best. I know it gets mixed reviews here, but they have treated myself and my family very well over the years!
Ahh that's one of the Hotels I have not stayed at...I will be sure to check it out thou.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by t1c
Renaissance Chicago Downtown.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by t1c
Yes they have one but its limited hours and first come first serve..

Its only Monday - Friday 7:30 to 9:30am and 5:30 to 8:00pm and Saturday only 5:30 to 8:00pm.

I dont even bother, you can get black car uber to take you anywhere in the city for $15 and you dont have to share
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lani1
I dont even bother, you can get black car uber to take you anywhere in the city for $15 and you dont have to share
I inquired about the house car and they said the same thing...first come, first serve, and only goes within a 1 mile radius...kind of useless at that point.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:28 pm
t1c

I inquired about the house car and they said the same thing...first come, first serve, and only goes within a 1 mile radius...kind of useless at that point.
Has anyone started a Ritz house car thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.