Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Grand Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...enovation-2197
Print Wikipost

St Regis Grand Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
The St. Regis Rome is one of my favored properties and I stay there as often as I can. I will DM you some tips for restaurants in the area and also regarding the car service.
Why not share here so we can all beneift?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
For transfer from the airport I used Rome Shuttle Limousine and was very happy with them. We walked out of baggage claim, the driver was standing there with a sign and the vehicle was just outside.

There were six of us with considerable luggage, so we reserved a large van and it was nice, clean and new. I paid 60 Euro. It was about half the cost of a comparable service provided by the hotel.

This company also has high-end sedans. I would not hesitate to use them and save the money over what the hotel charges.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Thanks all, this is very heplful as usual.

Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by dingo
Why not share here so we can all beneift?
I was not trying to hold back any info I just thought a DM might be a better idea in this case as I was just pointing out some places that I think are great to eat close to the hotel.

For limo transfer I use Bob's Limo Service and have done so for several years. They have not let me down once and have great rates. [email protected]

There is a great place to eat within walking distance to the hotel called Taverna Flavia. Its great for lunch especially if you want to have a very long lunch and enjoy. The address is Via Flavia 9 and number is +3364745214 but again just five mins or so walk from the hotel.

For Fine Dining check this place out if you want to treat yourself Ristorante Enoteca Capranica, http://www.enotecacapranica.it/
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
We have an upcoming trip to Rome and we are staying at the St. Regis for two nights, but non-consecutive because we are doing a quick overnight trip to Sicily.

Do you think we would have any problems leaving our luggage in the hotel for the one night we are away?

Should I contact the hotel before I go, just to make sure?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by puchalskir
We have an upcoming trip to Rome and we are staying at the St. Regis for two nights, but non-consecutive because we are doing a quick overnight trip to Sicily.

Do you think we would have any problems leaving our luggage in the hotel for the one night we are away?

No, it will not be a problem. You have a return reservation the following day -- they will be happy to hold your bags for you. No need to bother asking in advance.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:25 am

Great. Thanks. I've done it at other Starwood hotels without a problem, but haven't stayed at a St. Regis before.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Originally Posted by puchalskir

We did the same with a trip in between to the Amalfi Coast. The bellstaff at St. Regis was happy to hold our extra luggage for us, and it was safe upon our arrival back 3 days later.

We did not contact the hotel prior, so no need to email them before you go.

Have a wonderful trip!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: LY Plat, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Edan Plat, Priority Club Plat
I was at the hotel for 3 nights, and I must say, that I was head over heals about the hotel. I found the service to be excellent, the suite was stunning, and the conceirge was excellent and went above and beyond.

The only thing I can comment on, is that the butler service, is not up to par with St. Regis hotels in NA. I was just at the St. Regis Atlanta, and the butler service was a proper butler service, like the St. Regis NY, However, at the St. Regis Rome, they had no complimentary pressing, and was just not the same experience as North American Butler Service
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by travelrules
I was at the hotel for 3 nights, and I must say, that I was head over heals about the hotel. I found the service to be excellent, the suite was stunning, and the conceirge was excellent and went above and beyond.

The only thing I can comment on, is that the butler service, is not up to par with St. Regis hotels in NA. I was just at the St. Regis Atlanta, and the butler service was a proper butler service, like the St. Regis NY, However, at the St. Regis Rome, they had no complimentary pressing, and was just not the same experience as North American Butler Service
That is strange as I have stayed at several St. Regis properties and have found the butler service if anything to be better in Rome for some little things. I like the comp. afternoon tea/coffee with cakes served to your room. There was a full brochure on butler services available in the room which included morning wake up (I did not take advantage of this one) and also did have free pressing laundry on arrival. They did charge me but it was removed when I asked about the charge as it was in the butler service menu.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I also had a wonderful stay at the St, Regis Rome in late Dec09. Thanks for your help and kindly advice IrishSteven, much appreciated. Everything you said about the place was true!

The concierge was outstanding and helpful, and the Butler service was over the top. Free pressing, champagne/fruit upon arrival, coffee/tea service at the press of a button. Great stuff. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:21 pm

St. Regis Rome

Stayed for 1 night on 2/12-13 and another 2/14-15.

Upon arrival at the hotel during the biggest snowfall in 25 years (3 cm), we were treated to a very friendly greeting by everyone in the hotel. We were able to check in early and we were walked to our upgraded Imperial room 214.

Beautiful room. Very large, decorated in classic old-world Italian. Paintings everywhere. The room overlooked the courtyard and was quiet to sleep. The bed was very comfortable except the pillows were too fat for my taste.

At night, they left us some delicious chocolates, although they forgot the fresh fruit that I requested for my platinum amenity.

We left early in the morning to go to the airport and had no problem leaving our bags. Took a taxi from outside the hotel at 6:30am and was whisked to FCO in 25 minutes. It helps when the driver cruises along at 160kph. Pretty terrifying. Taxi was 45 euro.

The next day when we got back to the hotel, the front desk remembered our name and welcomed us back. We were walked to our new room. A junior suite (145). More contemporary than the imperial room. Hardwood floors instead of carpeting, a few less paintings and a huge bathroom. The room overlooked the building next door with a little courtyard separating it, so it was very quiet.

I requested 500 points for my amenity. They also delivered two large bowls of fruit to apologize for our last stay. The oranges are spectacular. We brought a bunch of them for our flight home the next day.

The only thing that I wasn't happy about, was that we ordered coffee and cappuccino to arrive in our room at 6:30am the next day, so we could sit in bed and enjoy it for 15 minutes, since we were leaving at 7:15am. The beverages didn't arrive until 6:45, so we had to drink it while we were packing. At 8 euro a pop, we'd expect it to be delivered on time. I mentioned this at check-out, but was just given an apology. I should have pressed for it to be taken off the bill, but we were in a hurry.

Overall, a fantastic hotel. Stunning public areas and rooms and great, friendly service. Although it's quite opulent, we never felt like it was stuffy.

Location isn't the greatest for tourists. It's close to the Repubblica Metro stop, but it's a bit of a haul to the Forum, Campo De'Fiori and the Vatican. Very little stuff in the immediate area. We've been to Rome a few times, so it wasn't too big a deal. The area around the hotel is perfectly safe. I don't think the area around Termini is bad either, but that's just my opionion.

It's about a 10 minute walk to Termini and another 10 minutes to walk to the other end of Termini where the Leonardo Express is, Track 25.

Rich
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Should we stay at St. Regis Rome?

My GF and I are a young couple. We are thinking about staying here on cash and points for $150 + 8,000pts per night this spring.

I have read mixed reviews of this hotel Therefore, I am a bit uncertain about staying here. I can't tell if the hotel is beautiful, or past its prime, or both.

I understand the location is very good, but not great, and the service should be very good.

We want to stay in a central location in Rome for 4 nights of sight-seeing.

1) What special treatment, if any, should I expect as SPG Gold?

2) Should I stay here when I could stay at smaller, lesser-known, central 4* hotels that have a higher Tripadvisor rating, free Internet & breakfast included for around $200/night.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:19 pm

I stayed at the Regis on a budget. A couple of hints. I am a gold member, and the upgrade is was not that significant -- but the room was still amazing! You can walk to the tour bus area (red buses) -- and I would do that instead of buying some tour ahead of time. Because I was flying out really early in the morning on 3rd day -- I opted to check out of the Regis on the 2nd day -- and leave the luggage at the hotel -- spend the day site-seeing, come back to the hotel in the early evening and refresh in the downstairs washroom. THEN take the FREE SPG shuttle bus to the Sheraton airport hotel, which is nice, though small and anticeptic. The Regis concierge will tell you their schedule and their last pick up and call for you. The cost from the Sheraton airport to the airport was maybe $5.00 -- but you need to buy a ticket when you arrive at the hotel. It was nice in that I cost half the price, save money and not worry about getting a taxi at 4:30am and I was able to repack and put my feet up and airport hotel without a worry.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:21 pm

You should also note that if your room is too warm (central heating), ask for a floor fan to be bought into the room. And you will have to call for a bucket of ice. Both are brought to you by the floor butler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.