Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lima, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Answering my question: no free wifi in hotel or lounge; lounge open for breakfast and then from 3pm-11pm with the exact same snacks during the entire period. Two hot items (tiny finger food barely enough for a small bite) and small, one-bite finger sandwiches. Fresh fruit, liquors and champagne (no wine or beer visible), chocolates, and soft drinks/water brought from the bank. Lounge is a disappointment, but the service is swift and friendly. Still prefer a more self-service style.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just completed two separate stays this past week while on my way to the Amazon (IQT) and I have to say that all of the staff were extremely helpful.

The front desk at midnight both times was efficient and already had my passport info on file from previous stays which was a nice touch. The Club Floor was confirmed both times and the only update to report are the 2 brand new HP Touch PCs placed to the right of the lounge entrance. Sadly, internet is charged the same as the room (although u can use the same account).

This location will offer Link @ Sheraton very shortly but other than that the rooms are unchanged which they may find a problem when the shiny new Westin Libertador opens 15 mins away in San Isidro near all the major banks.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: * A
any recent update on this hotel?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I was hesitant to stay at this hotel after reading some of the reviews, and nearly booked at the Radisson Decapolis in Miraflores (which I did pay a visit to, and which is a spectacular hotel... too bad it's not an SPG property). However, the Club Floor room that I was placed in was quite nice, and the interior decor actually reminded me a bit of the Towers rooms at the Sheraton Hong Kong. As many have stated, the hotel's location leaves a bit to be desired. However, I found taxis in Lima to be dirt cheap, so it wasn't that big of an issue.

I also liked that the Hotel gave me a coupon good for a free Pisco Sour at the bar as a Welcome Amenity (in addition to the 500 points). Those things are addictive!

Here are some photos I took of the Club Room:

Club Room Entryway and Minibar

Club Room Bedroom & TV

Club Room Bedroom TV & Chair

Club Room Vanity

Club Room Bathroom

View of Palacio de Justicia from Club Room
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: * A
thanks Anglo Large Clawed Otter I am happier to have my stay at this property after reading your post and checking out the pictures. I'll report back when I return from the hotel
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Just back from 2 nights at the Lima Sheraton, on points. Upgrade to Club Floor is now $25/nt. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet and drinks and snacks at dinner (light eater here).
However, my Club Floor Room 1672 was dreadfully worn and not very clean. I took great pics and showed to Mgr, who upgraded me to 1401, a nicely renovated Jr. Suite.
Anybody have a Cust Svc email at Sheraton HQ where I can fwd the pics? I think they'd be embarrassed to call Room 1672 a Sheraton.
If I was the Mgr, I'd have knocked myself out to compensate for a SPG staying in 1672 and I'd have removed the Club charges, etc. He thought a Jr Suite for the second nite was all he needed to do to make me happy.
Other comments about the bad air and location are all true.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
I just booked this for February (heading down on the $108 fare from SFO). 5 days total, so I'll spend a little time in Lima and the rest in Cuzco / MP. It's now the only SPG property. A category 2...I see where it was a Category 1 when these posts were made.

As an SPG Gold, what are my chances for getting a decent room? Should I make a real push to get on the club floors? I am staying on points for free. Should I expect a free breakfast or other perks?

I have sent them a couple of emails already and got very prompt, professional, friendly responses each time from Patricia. I asked for help with arranging tours and got some info from Peru Sightseeing Travel Agency of Peru. I have not had a chance to review all of it yet but have scanned it briefly so far.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chrisphx
I just booked this for February (heading down on the $108 fare from SFO). 5 days total, so I'll spend a little time in Lima and the rest in Cuzco / MP. It's now the only SPG property. A category 2...I see where it was a Category 1 when these posts were made.

As an SPG Gold, what are my chances for getting a decent room? Should I make a real push to get on the club floors? I am staying on points for free. Should I expect a free breakfast or other perks?

I have sent them a couple of emails already and got very prompt, professional, friendly responses each time from Patricia. I asked for help with arranging tours and got some info from Peru Sightseeing Travel Agency of Peru. I have not had a chance to review all of it yet but have scanned it briefly so far.
Am here right now - - what airline had the $108 fare from SFO!!!?

Hotel is not bad overall. Was comped from basic to club room and given Jr Suite upon asking. Breakfast buffet is decent (something definitely wrong with the guava juice!) and room is large. Bathroom is probably the gem of this hotel.

Spent most of yesterday in Miraflores area. Took 20 minutes one-way by taxi on a Sunday. The hotel charges roughly US $12 to Miraflores for a plush Toyota or Benz. Local taxi back to hotel cost just over US $3. You get what you pay for. When heading back to hotel, ask taxi to be dropped off at Palacio Justicia for 10 soles (~US $3). This should work from most places. The Palace is across the street from the Sheraton and I have been asking them to stop at Sheraton when close.

Local area is not so great.

Interestingly, looked like construction of a Westin in nearby San Isidro.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Checked into the Sheraton Lima last night, booked the starpick rate $129 on the starwood website, I thought was a pretty good deal, but at check in, i was told that they couldn't find the reservation on their system. I gave them the confirmation code and after some typing i was told not to worry and they have a room. They asked for my credit-card and ID, and without saying a word to me, gave me a piece of paper to sign, and the rate indicated was 1365 soles (about 450 USD) which was their rack rate. Luckly i caught it, and refused to sign, they then said i couldn't check in because they don't have the reservation on their system, I asked for the manager, and told him he should call Starwood to confirm the reservation, which he refused to do, and after about 20 minutes of this he finally agrees to call, and goes back to a room for about 5 minutes and tell me everything was sorted out, upgraded me to a club level room for the inconvenience, and gave me the keys.

I just check my credit card activities online, and I saw the original prepaid rate already charged to my creditcard, and the rack rate as well, adding the 29% taxes and service fees, there was a total of over $750 charged to my credit card.

What should i do now?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: Starwood, AA
all i can say is WOW!!!! and unfortunately, i will be staying there at the end of May. yikes.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by spkg
I just check my credit card activities online, and I saw the original prepaid rate already charged to my creditcard, and the rack rate as well, adding the 29% taxes and service fees, there was a total of over $750 charged to my credit card.

What should i do now?
If you have the receipt where you signed for the original lower rate, and your reservation which shows the lower rate, you can dispute it with your credit card company
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Redhead
If you have the receipt where you signed for the original lower rate, and your reservation which shows the lower rate, you can dispute it with your credit card company
Being the idiot that i am, I never signed for a $129 rate at check in, I kinda just assumed everything was taken care of, I guess the good thing is I never signed for the rack rate either, I've requested a late check-out until three as my flight is not until later tonight, and i'm still at the hotel right now, I guess i'll have to see which rate shows up on the final receipt.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by spkg
Checked into the Sheraton Lima last night, booked the starpick rate $129 on the starwood website, I thought was a pretty good deal, but at check in, i was told that they couldn't find the reservation on their system. I gave them the confirmation code and after some typing i was told not to worry and they have a room. They asked for my credit-card and ID, and without saying a word to me, gave me a piece of paper to sign, and the rate indicated was 1365 soles (about 450 USD) which was their rack rate. Luckly i caught it, and refused to sign, they then said i couldn't check in because they don't have the reservation on their system, I asked for the manager, and told him he should call Starwood to confirm the reservation, which he refused to do, and after about 20 minutes of this he finally agrees to call, and goes back to a room for about 5 minutes and tell me everything was sorted out, upgraded me to a club level room for the inconvenience, and gave me the keys.

What should i do now?
I had to call starwood afterwards to sort this out, but i'm glad to say everything has been taken care of, good job starwood, but shame on the Sheraton Lima, Beware if you ever stay there, check your credit card statments.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
After returning from Machu Picchu I stayed here on points from April 13-17. Overall, a decent hotel. At check in (noon) they had preassigned me to a club room floor. I asked for a suite and they said one wouldn't be available until 6pm. I said I would wait. They told me to simply go to my assigned room, then come to the lobby after 6pm to get the keys to the Jr Suite. Ok with me. Transition worked perfectly.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is a bit older, and according to my wife's friend (resident in Lima) the hotel is one of the originals in Lima.

I believe I was in a Jr. Suite. It had a separate dining / living room area and a bathroom right near the entrance. A nice plate of fruit was on the table (even though I chose the points as my amenity). There was a sliding wood door to separate the bedroom & master bath from the living room. I agree that the bathroom was amazing. Two sinks, very large closet area, whirlpool tub, large standing shower, regular toilet and bidet.

The pool area is small (above the lobby area) and the sun was directly on the pool from about 8 am - 1 pm. After that, the entire pool was in the shade.

My one major complaint was the high speed internet access. Everytime I wanted to change between wireless & wired high speed internet, I had to "re-purchase" my access. Additionally, I could only use one device at a time under my registered name (a challenge with two laptops and two iPhones). Luckily, my wife's passport still shows her maiden name so she could also use the internet by putting her last name and the room number. While I didn't see any charges at checkout for the HSIA, I'll bet combined we probably "purchased" access about 30 times.

My one minor complaint was that soft drinks in the club lounge in the afternoon/evening were not complimentary. That seemed ridiculous. But I didn't complain about all the free breakfast that we ate, and even took back to the room.

If I go back to Lima, I'll probably check out the Westin, which is supposed to be completed shortly. Overall, I was satisfied with the value I received for what I paid in points since it's a Cat 2 property.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Staying at this hotel this weekend on a cheap TACA fare from JFK. Will hopefully have some things to report and maybe even pictures!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.